You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Stony Brook University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Where do we send final transcript to?
To the Admissions Office
Things appear to be slowing down. Can we expect any more movement?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they really accept all the people they were going to accept off the wait list that one day people posted on here?
I doubt it. I still have some hope.
I doubt it. I still have some hope.
Has anyone tried calling? Previous threads have said that movement went on until late June.
We should be hearing in the next few weeks with rejections?
The first part doesn't seem too good
The first part doesn't seem too good
No acceptances here
I was going to attend SBU but recently received an offer elsewhere and will be matriculating there instead. Good luck to everyone still holding out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any movement recently?
Can any current students living on campus share some thoughts or experiences about living on campus vs. off campus?
Lol screw this school, 6 months after I interviewed still hadn't heard anything so I called and they said the class was filled. Really..I had to wait 6 months for that?
Can any current students living on campus share some thoughts or experiences about living on campus vs. off campus?
I talked to some students about it at pre-orientation. One of them said, similar to undergrad, there are periodic room checks where apparently your entire suite has to be cleaned or else you get reprimanded. There's probably also restrictions on things like alcohol. I also know there's the possibility of having actual roommates, as opposed to just suite mates, and that they can be graduate students other than medical students. Honestly, I am not sure of the price to live there, but it seems better to live off campus. (Also, I believe if you are out-of-state, you need to live off campus to gain in-state residency.)
Thanks Svenson for your insights!
I talked to some students about it at pre-orientation. One of them said, similar to undergrad, there are periodic room checks where apparently your entire suite has to be cleaned or else you get reprimanded. There's probably also restrictions on things like alcohol. I also know there's the possibility of having actual roommates, as opposed to just suite mates, and that they can be graduate students other than medical students. Honestly, I am not sure of the price to live there, but it seems better to live off campus. (Also, I believe if you are out-of-state, you need to live off campus to gain in-state residency.)
.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K