2015-2016 Stony Brook University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where do we send final transcript to?

Members don't see this ad.

Things appear to be slowing down. Can we expect any more movement?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they really accept all the people they were going to accept off the wait list that one day people posted on here?
I doubt it. I still have some hope.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, also still hopeful! When will we see more movement?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone tried calling? Previous threads have said that movement went on until late June.

I called, they said most of the movement happened already, and we should be hearing in the next few weeks... Very vague

We should be hearing in the next few weeks with rejections?
The first part doesn't seem too good

No any additional/final wait list movement

Those of you waiting to hear, do you have other acceptances? Stony Brook is one of my few waitlist spots left and I don't have any acceptances so I'm really hoping for more movement.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was going to attend SBU but recently received an offer elsewhere and will be matriculating there instead. Good luck to everyone still holding out.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the spot, see y'all in August

Reactions: 2 users
wow they wasted no time filling that spot

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students living on campus share some thoughts or experiences about living on campus vs. off campus?

Lol screw this school, 6 months after I interviewed still hadn't heard anything so I called and they said the class was filled. Really..I had to wait 6 months for that?

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students living on campus share some thoughts or experiences about living on campus vs. off campus?

I talked to some students about it at pre-orientation. One of them said, similar to undergrad, there are periodic room checks where apparently your entire suite has to be cleaned or else you get reprimanded. There's probably also restrictions on things like alcohol. I also know there's the possibility of having actual roommates, as opposed to just suite mates, and that they can be graduate students other than medical students. Honestly, I am not sure of the price to live there, but it seems better to live off campus. (Also, I believe if you are out-of-state, you need to live off campus to gain in-state residency.)

Thanks Svenson for your insights!
I talked to some students about it at pre-orientation. One of them said, similar to undergrad, there are periodic room checks where apparently your entire suite has to be cleaned or else you get reprimanded. There's probably also restrictions on things like alcohol. I also know there's the possibility of having actual roommates, as opposed to just suite mates, and that they can be graduate students other than medical students. Honestly, I am not sure of the price to live there, but it seems better to live off campus. (Also, I believe if you are out-of-state, you need to live off campus to gain in-state residency.)