2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know. I assume they were all sent out at the same time... Still no love

Edit: will there be any other opportunities for students to be pulled from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Thanks for letting us know. I assume they were all sent out at the same time... Still no love

Edit: will there be any other opportunities for students to be pulled from the waitlist?

There might be, but it won't be for a while and then it would only be one or two people.

Reactions: 1 user
There might be, but it won't be for a while and then it would only be one or two people.

Thank you for letting us know! It is really such a nice change to have some transparency in this process and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all really appreciate it.

I won't lose hope then... come on and love me Wake!

Members don't see this ad :)
who do i need to DM to get into the accepted student fbook page? sent a request but it has been pending for like 4 days now

who do i need to DM to get into the accepted student fbook page? sent a request but it has been pending for like 4 days now

Same here! Been waiting since last Friday for an approval. I tried to PM the admin but no response

I've got a few questions I was hoping you might be able to answer @Pathdocmd. I've read some previous years threads and saw that calls/emailswere sent out to waitlist applicants in the later stages of the application cycle (Julyish) asking if they remained interested in attending WFSOM. Are these calls/emails only sent out to individuals who haven't already expressed a strong interest in attending? Will an email be sent out to all waitlist students when the class has been seated? Thank you!

Last edited:
I've got a few questions I was hoping you might be able to answer @Pathdocmd. I've read some previous years threads and saw that calls/emailswere sent out to waitlist applicants in the later stages of the application cycle (Julyish) asking if they remained interested in attending WFSOM. Are these calls/emails only sent out to individuals who haven't already expressed a strong interest in attending? Will an email be sent out to all waitlist students when the class has been seated? Thank you!
We are not going to send out a letter/ e-mail.

To those who went to second look, did you guys get a tour/more information about the new facilities? Also, anyone know if Wake is ranked pass/fail, unranked pass/fail or graded during preclinical years?

To those who have found places near the new school location, how much is your rent on average with utilities?

Also, to current students, do you need a car for the first two years?
I have the same questions! And do most students choose to stay closer to the hospitals/old campus or do they move to the new facilities?

If anyone could offer a little insight on this, it would be a great help. Thank you!!

For anyone still wondering, I called the admissions office a few days ago and spoke to a nice lady who told me that she wasn't sure if the admissions committee was going to be meeting again but that it was still possible. Don't give up hope!

Edit: she also told me that acceptances could be made until the 21st or 22nd but don't quote me on that

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile