-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread
Started by tarheel1408
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any word yet y'all? I'm starting to worry (probably irrationally) that I wrote my email address down incorrectly for the admissions office on interview day. 
Any word yet y'all? I'm starting to worry (probably irrationally) that I wrote my email address down incorrectly for the admissions office on interview day.![]()
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?
Interviewed Wed. 3/2 and informed our COA meeting would be 3/16. 🙂
Interviewed Wed. 3/2 and informed our COA meeting would be 3/16. 🙂
I'm sure you'll hear soon then. if you're that worried you could always check the status of your app with that link we got back when we did secondaries.
I'm sure you'll hear soon then. if you're that worried you could always check the status of your app with that link we got back when we did secondaries.
Right-o. Thank you much!
Does anyone have a link to the match list for 2016, or know when that info might be released? Was just hoping to see how this class did and what specialties they matched into.
EDIT: Nevermind! Found what I was looking for.
Wait you did find it? Can you post a link?
Here it is! Can you see the attachment ok? I follow WFSM on Fb and they just recently posted this information.
Yep that worked perfectly! Thanks so much!
Interviewed Wed. 3/2 and informed our COA meeting would be 3/16. 🙂
FWIW, I interviewed a bit later than you but was told the same date for the meeting and received an email with my post-interview status the next day on 3/17, the same exact day they said we'd hear back when I was at the interview. They said if you didn't hear by that friday 3/18 it would be appropriate to call the admissions office, so I'd suggest doing that if you haven't already
Hope it helps!
FWIW, I interviewed a bit later than you but was told the same date for the meeting and received an email with my post-interview status the next day on 3/17, the same exact day they said we'd hear back when I was at the interview. They said if you didn't hear by that friday 3/18 it would be appropriate to call the admissions office, so I'd suggest doing that if you haven't already
Hope it helps!
Thanks for your help! I called admissions around noon and got everything figured out in a flash.
Accepted! I'm stoked!
So how do you interpret the wait list data on MSAR? Also does someone with a current subscription to MSAR want to put a picture of that part on this thread?
Yeah... maybe it's an error and should be 125-135.So how do you interpret the wait list data on MSAR? Also does someone with a current subscription to MSAR want to put a picture of that part on this thread?
Literally nothing in that box makes sense, except possibly that ~37 people from the wait list matriculate each year.Why would they not go to the waitlist until June 1st. That doesn't make sense.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Agreed. I called Admissions yesterday and they said movement can occur anytime now, but that most movement occurs after May 15. I know April 30 is a deadline for students to hold one acceptance, as bartender said, but admissions said May 15 is some sort of deadline too.Literally nothing in that box makes sense, except possibly that ~37 people from the wait list matriculate each year.
FYI: 108 in the Facebook group, 12-15 of those are current students.Wait they did say it can occur anytime now? I wonder how many people they currently have holding acceptances.
FYI: 108 in the Facebook group, 12-15 of those are current students.
Oh really? Well I had that it was 113 so that's good news for me! Although I'm sure some people that got accepted just don't have Facebook or something. But still, sounds like there's reason to be optimistic!
Would love to find an answer to this! I certainly don't want to burn any bridges by being nosey and calling them to find out if it's not something they are willing to communicate. Even if they are willing, could it look bad that we wanted to know?Does anyone remember if we are able to find out where we sit on the waitlist?
Would love to find an answer to this! I certainly don't want to burn any bridges by being nosey and calling them to find out if it's not something they are willing to communicate. Even if they are willing, could it look bad that we wanted to know?
I believe at the interview they said that they make the actual wait list ranking AFTER the April 30th deadline. I also think they said they wouldn't tell us where we were on the list if we called... But don't quote me on that.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I believe at the interview they said that they make the actual wait list ranking AFTER the April 30th deadline. I also think they said they wouldn't tell us where we were on the list if we called... But don't quote me on that.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Quoting you on this as you are correct. They won't tell you, don't waste the call.
If I remember correctly from Second Look that info should be sent out in the next week or so.Does anyone know when Financial Aid info is released?
When is the new School of Medicine facility expected to open? And I heard a rumor that there will only be one lecture hall?
And what is WFUBMC going to use the old school of medicine building for?
And what is WFUBMC going to use the old school of medicine building for?
When is the new School of Medicine facility expected to open? And I heard a rumor that there will only be one lecture hall?
And what is WFUBMC going to use the old school of medicine building for?
Opens for this upcoming class
Can't remember specifics, they have floor plans hat aren't posted online. Call/email to ask and they may share
I believe it will still house research labs and such as well as common rooms for students rotating in the hospital. Otherwise I'm not positive, maybe a current student can chime in
The above all based off of info and experiences from interview day
Has anyone gotten an email about financial aid/loans/scholarships/etc. today? At second look they said we should receive an email today, so I'm wondering if they've started sending those out yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to the financial aid office and they informed me that the financial aid package will definitely be arriving via email today sometime.
Awesome thanks so much!I went to the financial aid office and they informed me that the financial aid package will definitely be arriving via email today sometime.
My financial aid package just arrived.....
Mine too. Does this includes scholarships or just loans?
If you were offered any scholarships it would've been on the list:Mine too. Does this includes scholarships or just loans?
It shows:
1. (Un)Subsidized loan amounts (up to 40,500)
2. Grad Plus loan amounts
3. Any scholarship amounts
To total total COA
absolutelyAnyone know if Wake is non-trad friendly (ultra non-trad, reinventionist type friendly) 🙂
It should be in the letter if it is for all 4 years or not.Does anyone know if scholarships are renewable for the four years???
Very much so. This is just one example: https://students-residents.aamc.org/choosing-medical-career/article/rev-suzanne-watson/Anyone know if Wake is non-trad friendly (ultra non-trad, reinventionist type friendly) 🙂
should we be expecting a letter? They're only listed on the portal, no description of the scholarships. I didn't attend second look so I'm not sure if they have any detail on this!It should be in the letter if it is for all 4 years or not.
Some get letters, some don't. E-mail the the admissions office and ask about your specific scholarship.should we be expecting a letter? They're only listed on the portal, no description of the scholarships. I didn't attend second look so I'm not sure if they have any detail on this!
Does anyone have an idea of the daily LAUNCH schedule, like what hours we are in meetings each day, etc?
Also if a current MS1 could give an example weekly schedule, like what time you're in class, afternoon commitments, etc., that would be MUCH appreciated!
Also if a current MS1 could give an example weekly schedule, like what time you're in class, afternoon commitments, etc., that would be MUCH appreciated!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my god I just realized I called it Wake Forest University School of Medicine in my first letter of interest.... Really hoping they won't count that against me.
9/10 on the SDN neuroticism scale, doubt they'll even notice let alone care hahah
9/10 on the SDN neuroticism scale, doubt they'll even notice let alone care hahah
Well I can guarantee you I'm currently at a 5000/10 on the SDN neuroticism scale, so I'm glad that only ranked as a 9/10 haha
Well I can guarantee you I'm currently at a 5000/10 on the SDN neuroticism scale, so I'm glad that only ranked as a 9/10 haha
Take a deep breath hahah you'll be fine man. It's better than calling it WakFo School of Medicine at the very least
No we won't.Oh my god I just realized I called it Wake Forest University School of Medicine in my first letter of interest.... Really hoping they won't count that against me.
Last edited:
@Pathdocmd , any chance of some waitlist movement before April 30th?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K