You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not strict enough to deter anything at this early stage!Anyone know how strict they are with their writing intensive requirements?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You mean they might waive it or that I could worry about it at a later stage.Not strict enough to deter anything at this early stage!
Later stage. Chances are none of us are getting in, so who cares at this point lolYou mean they might waive it or that I could worry about it at a later stage.
Lol. TrueLater stage. Chances are none of us are getting in, so who cares at this point lol
Can't decide if I should apply here. Another instance of being above the 10th percentile but below the median lol.
Stats aren't everythingCan't decide if I should apply here. Another instance of being above the 10th percentile but below the median lol.
True, true.
Alright, hoping for some underdog love!
Alright, hoping for some underdog love!
Is anyone else here interested in the Music and Medicine program, or any current/past students able to comment on it? It looks really neat. I've been a flutist for ten years, and though I didn't major in music have played in college ensembles. Is it really gung-ho or more laid-back?
Can you elaborate a little on what it is?Is anyone else here interested in the Music and Medicine program, or any current/past students able to comment on it? It looks really neat. I've been a flutist for ten years, and though I didn't major in music have played in college ensembles. Is it really gung-ho or more laid-back?
I was below the 10th percent line.Can't decide if I should apply here. Another instance of being above the 10th percentile but below the median lol.
I think you just have to know what the school is looking for, and hope they see that it matches up with who you are.
So what's WCMC looking for then? 😏I was below the 10th percent line.
I think you just have to know what the school is looking for, and hope they see that it matches up with who you are.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them long time ago about this question, and following is the reply.Anyone know how strict they are with their writing intensive requirements?
" A writing intensive class may meet your school's writing requirement or be listed in the catalog as a writing intensive course. A general definition of writing intensive is a course with writing as a focus and requiring approximately 10-14 pages of submitted material. If your courses meet these criteria, we’ll accept them."
This is a school I had not really considered in the past but I am very excited to apply here!
Only recently added WCMC to the list and I can't believe it's taken me so long. GPA is above 10%ile but below median, but MCAT is just below 90%ile so hopefully this wannabe orthopod has a chance.
Does anyone know the Cornell's cutoff line in each MCAT sections?
Throwing my hat in as well!
Secondary received this morning. All prompts are limited to 200 words.
1. If you are not attending college during the coming academic year, what are your plans?
2. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College.
3. Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it.
There is also a prompt for MD-PhD applicants which asks for research mentors you may be interested in working with.
1. If you are not attending college during the coming academic year, what are your plans?
2. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College.
3. Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it.
There is also a prompt for MD-PhD applicants which asks for research mentors you may be interested in working with.
Haven't gotten anything yet!
Secondary received this morning. All prompts are limited to 200 words.
1. If you are not attending college during the coming academic year, what are your plans?
2. Please write a brief statement giving your reasons for applying to Weill Cornell Medical College.
3. Please describe a challenge you faced and how you addressed it.
There is also a prompt for MD-PhD applicants which asks for research mentors you may be interested in working with.
confirmed
I have a feeling schools process applications by last name because I've received only one secondary out of a crap ton of schools! Haha! Cornell being one, but I've not heard a thing 😛
I have a feeling schools process applications by last name because I've received only one secondary out of a crap ton of schools! Haha! Cornell being one, but I've not heard a thing 😛
Most schools don't give out their secondaries until later in July, so I wouldn't worry. Cornell and a few others are known for getting them out really early
Secondary also received but my last name is towards the middle/end of the alphabet @musicalscientists lol
Still not received... is there any particular reason why? Do you need your references fully submitted before they send out the secondary?
FWIW I don't have a secondary yet with LizzyM>77Do those of you who got the secondary mind sharing your stats please?
Do those of you who got the secondary mind sharing your stats please?
I think I posted somewhere in this thread that I'm above the 10th percentile but below the median for both gpa and MCAT. This is a reach for me so I'm sure it has nothing to do with stats!
I'm still missing two letters in AMCAS, as well.
I really think it's random, guys. Don't stress!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FWIW I don't have a secondary yet with LizzyM>77
I think I posted somewhere in this thread that I'm above the 10th percentile but below the median for both gpa and MCAT. This is a reach for me so I'm sure it has nothing to do with stats!
I'm still missing two letters in AMCAS, as well.
I really think it's random, guys. Don't stress!
Haha thank y'all. I guess I will wait in comfort.
It's definitely random, because I just got one.
Last name in the middle of the alphabet. 3.69 cGPA, 3.61 sGPA. 36 MCAT (11PS/12VR/13BS). Verified 6/11.
Got mine! It's definitely shorter than some others.... Georgetown has 3 essays, one of which is 1-2 pages!
Affiliation (possibly stupid) Question: Does anyone know if we need to add our parents name regardless of affiliation or only if they are faculty/ alumni?
Yeah I had the same question. Anyone know?
Scratch my previous comment. Just got a secondary about 2 hours ago 😛
Just about to submit.
Just about to submit.
Just got my secondary as well!
Received the secondary.
The 4th prompt is only for MD/PHD applicants right? I'm doing regular MD so I can just leave it blank? o.o
The 4th prompt is only for MD/PHD applicants right? I'm doing regular MD so I can just leave it blank? o.o
Received the secondary.
The 4th prompt is only for MD/PHD applicants right? I'm doing regular MD so I can just leave it blank? o.o
Correct! You don't need to do the fourth prompt if you're not an MD/PhD applicant.
If we are interested in research, should we fill it out?
If we are interested in research, should we fill it out?
No i'm pretty sure it specifically states only for those applying to MD/PhD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol
Last edited:
Does it matter if we hold off on this secondary since it's not rolling?
Does it matter if we hold off on this secondary since it's not rolling?
I pre-wrote and still taking my time in submitting. I would rather submit the best essays I can than do it early, especially since I don't have my committee letter in yet, and as you said, they're non-rolling.
Wow that was fast... was hoping to have one more look over of my secondary after paying but it looks like it took me all the way through submission...
Did anyone have this show up after submitting and logging back in? Your application is incomplete. You have not submitted a secondary application and we have not received your letters of evaluation.
Did anyone have this show up after submitting and logging back in? Your application is incomplete. You have not submitted a secondary application and we have not received your letters of evaluation.

