You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When you guys say complete, do you mean that your letters of rec are also in or just that you submitted the secondary? I'm still waiting on my committee for my letters 🙁
That means the secondary and recs are all in. It's ok the committee takes their time and it usually isn't as much of an issue. I'm sure you will be fine. This isn't a process that can be rushed.
Hey guys. I am an upcoming MS1 at WCMC this year. I understand the application process can be incredibly stressful. Thus, if you ever have any questions throughout it, please message me or post it here and I will try to answer as best I can. I will be checking this forum throughout the year and will hopefully be better able at answering questions when we start. Good luck everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ahhhh just submitted. This is my top choice at the moment so please love me, Cornell.
For MD/PhD it sure sounds like the type of program to love!ahhhh just submitted. This is my top choice at the moment so please love me, Cornell.
For MD/PhD it sure sounds like the type of program to love!
Indeed. The MD/PhD app asked us to list faculty members we'd like to work with and I was drooling over the labs at Sloan Kettering.
Indeed. The MD/PhD app asked us to list faculty members we'd like to work with and I was drooling over the labs at Sloan Kettering.
How many total faculty did you end up listing? I only had like 6
How many total faculty did you end up listing? I only had like 6
I had 8.
How many total faculty did you end up listing? I only had like 6
Ehhh I only had 5 :/ Hopefully 5 is sufficient...there were a lot of faculty I was interested in but I wasn't sure how many I should put.
Ehhh I only had 5 :/ Hopefully 5 is sufficient...there were a lot of faculty I was interested in but I wasn't sure how many I should put.
I put only 5 too. I honestly thought that was too many haha
Awkward moment when I only listed 4 faculty members...I put only 5 too. I honestly thought that was too many haha
Awkward moment when I only listed 4 faculty members...
Hahah, I think 4 is fine honestly 😳 I mean in the end, they can only pick 1-2 for potential interview right (at least I assume that's why they asked you to put faculty down)?
I was under the same impression that that was the purpose. Also are you Taiwanese?Hahah, I think 4 is fine honestly 😳 I mean in the end, they can only pick 1-2 for potential interview right (at least I assume that's why they asked you to put faculty down)?
@Joeshie great app man. really inspired by your accomplishments and aspirations. i took a stab at the goldwater and it didnt work out, so great job making it through that grueling process
Thanks a lot! All of the people that I know who applied for the Goldwater, regardless of whether they received it or not, were driven and talented. By virtue of the fact that you applied for the Goldwater and made it through the process, I'm sure that you'll do well in this application cycle. I'm sure I'll see you on the interview trail (perhaps unknowingly though haha).
I was under the same impression that that was the purpose. Also are you Taiwanese?
Nope, Chinese haha. I stalked your MDApps too :O great application~ I'm in awe hahah, great job! I'm also a UC student (or I should say "was" since I just recently graduated).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh, I saw pineapple cake and immediately thought Taiwan. I just graduated as well! Haha and we'll see about the application. #AdcomsWillDecideMyFateNope, Chinese haha. I stalked your MDApps too :O great application~ I'm in awe hahah, great job! I'm also a UC student (or I should say "was" since I just recently graduated).
Ahhh, I saw pineapple cake and immediately thought Taiwan. I just graduated as well! Haha and we'll see about the application. #AdcomsWillDecideMyFate
Hahah a reasonable conclusion to come to. Pineapple cake is so good though mmmm
gosh @Joeshie, you are just too cool
Heh, you guys and your matching avatars
Not derpness...coolness! Join us!@Joeshie @timeflies Where did you guys find those pictures? I like the derpness lol.
http://www.forums.studentdoctor.net...chool-Applicants-with-Pokemon-Avatars.1152420
Not derpness...coolness! Join us!
http://www.forums.studentdoctor.net...chool-Applicants-with-Pokemon-Avatars.1152420

The Cubone in your picture looks so sad! Not the 'dead mother' Cubone story again! Use a happier picture!
I'm good, thanks... I don't really get "sad" out of it anyway, more so "bashful."The Cubone in your picture looks so sad! Not the 'dead mother' Cubone story again! Use a happier picture!
Last edited:
Hey leave the boner aloneThe Cubone in your picture looks so sad! Not the 'dead mother' Cubone story again! Use a happier picture!
The secondary page isn't loading for me - is anyone else having any trouble?
Cute Cubone!@Joeshie @timeflies Where did you guys find those pictures? I like the derpness lol.
Just logged in. It's working fine. I used: osaf.med.cornell.eduThe secondary page isn't loading for me - is anyone else having any trouble?
I got it to work with a VPN! Guess Cornell doesn't like international connections haha. Thanks!Just logged in. It's working fine. I used: osaf.med.cornell.edu
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no you are fine. mine appeared like it too, but in the end they were able to send me the confirmation email to the right address.My email is not showing up in the text box after I try to submit my secondary. In the screen before you pay, it doesn't show my email even when I typed it in. Is this an issue?
Same here I think we'll be fineMy email is not showing up in the text box after I try to submit my secondary. In the screen before you pay, it doesn't show my email even when I typed it in. Is this an issue?
Can any current students comment on the new curriculum? It sounds very logical and I like the way it's organized compared to some other schools (plus, PBL!). Do people feel like any components are especially great, or are there kinks in some areas that still need to be worked out?
I spelled "Weill" as "Weil" in one place on my secondary (actually wrote it twice in one essay, spelled right the first time and wrong the second). Am I doomed? 

I spelled "Weill" as "Weil" in one place on my secondary (actually wrote it twice in one essay, spelled right the first time and wrong the second). Am I doomed?![]()
Is that a "wtf you idiot how could you spell this wrong"?
Hahahah I'm an idiot. First typo I've made >.< brain is clearly starting to deteriorate
I spelled "Weill" as "Weil" in one place on my secondary (actually wrote it twice in one essay, spelled right the first time and wrong the second). Am I doomed?![]()
It won't matter.
It was the best Sanford Weill wtf face I could findIs that a "wtf you idiot how could you spell this wrong"?
It is to imply that no one but Weill would care
I'm still an idiot.
Oooooon to the next one...
Oooooon to the next one...
Based on the threads from the the past couple of years, the first IIs should be going out pretty soon!
Oh yeah I submitted here last week. Would be cool to go here.
Just out of curiosity,
are there ties between the new technology campus in NYC and the Weil Cornell Medical Center? I wonder if there is collaborative research going on, or if students can take courses cross campus.
are there ties between the new technology campus in NYC and the Weil Cornell Medical Center? I wonder if there is collaborative research going on, or if students can take courses cross campus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
last few years: 8/22/12, 8/9/13, 8/13/14When do IIs come out for Cornell?
Not currently, but CornellTech wants to eventually collab w WCMCJust out of curiosity,
are there ties between the new technology campus in NYC and the Weil Cornell Medical Center? I wonder if there is collaborative research going on, or if students can take courses cross campus.
Last I've heard, Admissions is planning on August 27th being the first interview date, with interviews being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So, the first batch of invites should be coming out soon!
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
Last I've heard, Admissions is planning on August 27th being the first interview date, with interviews being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So, the first batch of invites should be coming out soon!
Good luck everyone!
Wait, so the first interview date is in two weeks??
Any tri-i applicants here? 😛 Anyone know of when those invites start coming out? I know the first interview date is Oct 31 sooo...I'm guessing they won't be coming out soon?