-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've heard people hear back within 2-3 weeks, did they mention if you would hear back no matter what the result?They notify via email!
I think I remember them saying 2-4 weeksI've heard people hear back within 2-3 weeks, did they mention if you would hear back no matter what the result?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh ok! but they will send an email no matter what the decision is? (as in, they won't just silently reject you until the last minute)I think I remember them saying 2-4 weeks
I remember them talking about that on interview day, but I forget that small detail 😛
Yes, they said they'll let you know. However, this might be "under consideration" which is not a terminal decision.oh ok! but they will send an email no matter what the decision is? (as in, they won't just silently reject you until the last minute)
I remember them talking about that on interview day, but I forget that small detail 😛
Do you remember how many people they draw from the "under consideration" group?Yes, they said they'll let you know. However, this might be "under consideration" which is not a terminal decision.
They said it changes year to year, tough to predict.Do you remember how many people they draw from the "under consideration" group?
Gotcha. I see that other people got moved off of the UC list fairly quickly, any feedback from people who have gone through this?
.
Last edited:
II received yesterday (OOS, LM 71), but will be declining and withdrawing. Good luck to the rest of you!
I was UC 9/13, and found out 2/8, so it was a very long time for me hahaI've heard people hear back within 2-3 weeks, did they mention if you would hear back no matter what the result?
They should, unless they make you UC, then it may be awhile.oh ok! but they will send an email no matter what the decision is? (as in, they won't just silently reject you until the last minute)
I remember them talking about that on interview day, but I forget that small detail 😛
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed back in October, UC'd. Any movement lately?
Yupp, I just got off UC today
Yupp, I just got off UC today
Sweet, congrats!
Albany doesn't appreciate letters of intent or updates right?
Sweet, congrats!
Albany doesn't appreciate letters of intent or updates right?
I'm not really sure tbh
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nope.Sweet, congrats!
Albany doesn't appreciate letters of intent or updates right?
So there's no lyft or uber are there any affordable rental options or should I just rely on taxis?
Not that I know. If you're staying at the Hilton garden inn, you honestly can get away without using a taxi by scheduling the complementary airport shuttle. School and food are within walking distance.
Otherwise, the taxis definitely are pricey.
+1 shared a cab there with (quite coincidentally) an anesthesiology residency interviewee and only saved 5 bucks off of the solo cab I took back.Not that I know. If you're staying at the Hilton garden inn, you honestly can get away without using a taxi by scheduling the complementary airport shuttle. School and food are within walking distance.
Otherwise, the taxis definitely are pricey.
Eyyyyy!!!! ACCEPTED!!!! Got the email about 2:30pm EST. Interviewed Valentine's Day, Feb 14th 😍
Interviewing tomorrow! Have a couple questions:
Anyone know if I can put my backpack somewhere at the medical school? I am flying right after the interview so I have no place to put it.
Also, anyone else who is interviewing tomorrow and has a flight around 7pm-ish (mine departs at 7:15) want to split a cab to the airport? I think it's around $30 so divide that by two I guess.
Anyone know if I can put my backpack somewhere at the medical school? I am flying right after the interview so I have no place to put it.
Also, anyone else who is interviewing tomorrow and has a flight around 7pm-ish (mine departs at 7:15) want to split a cab to the airport? I think it's around $30 so divide that by two I guess.
For the first question, yes. They do have a place for you to put your bag/coat. Lots of people on my interview day flew out the same day.Interviewing tomorrow! Have a couple questions:
Anyone know if I can put my backpack somewhere at the medical school? I am flying right after the interview so I have no place to put it.
Also, anyone else who is interviewing tomorrow and has a flight around 7pm-ish (mine departs at 7:15) want to split a cab to the airport? I think it's around $30 so divide that by two I guess.
Thank you. I love you.For the first question, yes. They do have a place for you to put your bag/coat. Lots of people on my interview day flew out the same day.
P.S. anyone who's interview check-in started at 11am, what time did your interview day end?
Last edited:
Eyyyyy!!!! ACCEPTED!!!! Got the email about 2:30pm EST. Interviewed Valentine's Day, Feb 14th 😍
Congrats!!! We were in the same interview group 😉
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
ck to everyone!
How do you withdraw? Letter or email?Got an II on 2/8 but I'm withdrawing my application from here. Good luck to everyone!
How do you withdraw? Letter or email?
You email them at mailto:[email protected] and state that you wish to withdraw!
When is second look for Albany?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Monday April 10thWhen is second look for Albany?
UC'd this morning. Interviewed 2/8. Is anyone rejected post-interview/what percentage are?
Yes. And nobody knows the % except the committee. As you were told, they accept and reject very few, waitlist most.UC'd this morning. Interviewed 2/8. Is anyone rejected post-interview/what percentage are?
I don't remember that, is that true? That most people are put on the UC list? (I apologize if you already answered elsewhere also)Yes. And nobody knows the % except the committee. As you were told, they accept and reject very few, waitlist most.
At the interview they told us that they accept and reject few right away, and most are placed on the UC list. From there, people are periodically accepted off of the UC list as the cycle goes on. Expect the most movement after the deadline May 1st where you can only hold one acceptance.I don't remember that, is that true? That most people are put on the UC list? (I apologize if you already answered elsewhere also)
For those already accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks in advance. I'm just curious how big a role the interview plays when they rank people on the UC list.
Just got a surprise II. Does anyone know anything about where to park for interview day and if the MMIs are just read the prompt on the door , walk in and talk?
There's a big garage to park in, and the prompts are actually on computer screens for Albany which is a little different. Good luck!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Also just got an II here out of the blue.
Anybody who's already interviewed want to share thoughts on the school/interview day here?
Super chill. The 2nd years were the most helpful and I really got a great vibe from them. The adcom who spoke with us was hilarious and the MMI's were not stressful. Overall not a day to be more than mildly stressed for.
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your interview date and how you thought the MMI went?Accepted this morning
MCAT 510
GPa 3.7 on the dot
In state resident
Last edited:
Congrats!! Were you ever on the UC list?Accepted this morning
MCAT 510
GPa 3.7 on the dot
In state resident
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah sorry forgot to mention that I'm off the UC. Interviewed mid January, UC'd in earlyish feb and just now I got offCongrats!! Were you ever on the UC list?
MMI I thought went pretty well besides a couple of stations being harder than others. Instead of studying ethical dilemmas I actually practiced more of connecting thoughts and points laterally and communicating it smoothly which I found helped. They did stress at a few points throughout the day that they take everything in your app into account so not sure how much weight it really held.Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your interview date and how you thought the MMI went?
Just got accepted!
Someone asked earlier, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a Facebook group for incoming students?
Someone asked earlier, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a Facebook group for incoming students?
I wonder if most UC movement happens before or after the traffic day. It's reassuring to see some already the past couple weeks
ACCEPTED off the UC list!!!
Interviewed Feb 3, UC'd Feb 22
😀 😀
Interviewed Feb 3, UC'd Feb 22
😀 😀
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K