2016-2017 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an II today! Complete late July, early August. There's still hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I remember them saying 2-4 weeks
oh ok! but they will send an email no matter what the decision is? (as in, they won't just silently reject you until the last minute)
I remember them talking about that on interview day, but I forget that small detail :p

oh ok! but they will send an email no matter what the decision is? (as in, they won't just silently reject you until the last minute)
I remember them talking about that on interview day, but I forget that small detail :p
Yes, they said they'll let you know. However, this might be "under consideration" which is not a terminal decision.

Gotcha. I see that other people got moved off of the UC list fairly quickly, any feedback from people who have gone through this?

Reactions: 1 user
II received yesterday (OOS, LM 71), but will be declining and withdrawing. Good luck to the rest of you!

Reactions: 2 users
They should, unless they make you UC, then it may be awhile.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off UC...interviewed in september, likely withdrawing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed back in October, UC'd. Any movement lately?

So there's no lyft or uber are there any affordable rental options or should I just rely on taxis?

So there's no lyft or uber are there any affordable rental options or should I just rely on taxis?

Not that I know. If you're staying at the Hilton garden inn, you honestly can get away without using a taxi by scheduling the complementary airport shuttle. School and food are within walking distance.

Otherwise, the taxis definitely are pricey.

Not that I know. If you're staying at the Hilton garden inn, you honestly can get away without using a taxi by scheduling the complementary airport shuttle. School and food are within walking distance.

Otherwise, the taxis definitely are pricey.
+1 shared a cab there with (quite coincidentally) an anesthesiology residency interviewee and only saved 5 bucks off of the solo cab I took back.

Eyyyyy!!!! ACCEPTED!!!! Got the email about 2:30pm EST. Interviewed Valentine's Day, Feb 14th :love:

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewing tomorrow! Have a couple questions:

Anyone know if I can put my backpack somewhere at the medical school? I am flying right after the interview so I have no place to put it.

Also, anyone else who is interviewing tomorrow and has a flight around 7pm-ish (mine departs at 7:15) want to split a cab to the airport? I think it's around $30 so divide that by two I guess.

Interviewing tomorrow! Have a couple questions:

Anyone know if I can put my backpack somewhere at the medical school? I am flying right after the interview so I have no place to put it.

Also, anyone else who is interviewing tomorrow and has a flight around 7pm-ish (mine departs at 7:15) want to split a cab to the airport? I think it's around $30 so divide that by two I guess.
For the first question, yes. They do have a place for you to put your bag/coat. Lots of people on my interview day flew out the same day.

For the first question, yes. They do have a place for you to put your bag/coat. Lots of people on my interview day flew out the same day.
Thank you. I love you.

P.S. anyone who's interview check-in started at 11am, what time did your interview day end?

Last edited:
UC'd this morning. Interviewed 2/8. Is anyone rejected post-interview/what percentage are?

does anyone know if a Facebook group exists?

Yes. And nobody knows the % except the committee. As you were told, they accept and reject very few, waitlist most.
I don't remember that, is that true? That most people are put on the UC list? (I apologize if you already answered elsewhere also)

I don't remember that, is that true? That most people are put on the UC list? (I apologize if you already answered elsewhere also)
At the interview they told us that they accept and reject few right away, and most are placed on the UC list. From there, people are periodically accepted off of the UC list as the cycle goes on. Expect the most movement after the deadline May 1st where you can only hold one acceptance.

For those already accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks in advance. I'm just curious how big a role the interview plays when they rank people on the UC list.

Just got a II. Definitely unexpected !

Just got a surprise II. Does anyone know anything about where to park for interview day and if the MMIs are just read the prompt on the door , walk in and talk?

Just got a surprise II. Does anyone know anything about where to park for interview day and if the MMIs are just read the prompt on the door , walk in and talk?

There's a big garage to park in, and the prompts are actually on computer screens for Albany which is a little different. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also just got an II here out of the blue.
Anybody who's already interviewed want to share thoughts on the school/interview day here?

Also just got an II here out of the blue.
Anybody who's already interviewed want to share thoughts on the school/interview day here?

Super chill. The 2nd years were the most helpful and I really got a great vibe from them. The adcom who spoke with us was hilarious and the MMI's were not stressful. Overall not a day to be more than mildly stressed for.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning
MCAT 510
GPa 3.7 on the dot
In state resident

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your interview date and how you thought the MMI went?
MMI I thought went pretty well besides a couple of stations being harder than others. Instead of studying ethical dilemmas I actually practiced more of connecting thoughts and points laterally and communicating it smoothly which I found helped. They did stress at a few points throughout the day that they take everything in your app into account so not sure how much weight it really held.

Just got accepted!

Someone asked earlier, but I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a Facebook group for incoming students?

Reactions: 4 users
I wonder if most UC movement happens before or after the traffic day. It's reassuring to see some already the past couple weeks

ACCEPTED off the UC list!!!
Interviewed Feb 3, UC'd Feb 22
:D :D

Reactions: 6 users