2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed in November and also haven't heard anything. I called admissions and they didn't really know anything in regards to that. This makes me assume that there is such thing as a HPWL that goes out in a fourth wave. (The admissions staff is really nice and I loved them! However, I don't think they know what goes on in regards to the actual admittance of students. So I would take what they say in regards to a HPWL with a grain of salt)

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed in November and also haven't heard anything. I called admissions and they didn't really know anything in regards to that. This makes me assume that there is such thing as a HPWL that goes out in a fourth wave. (The admissions staff is really nice and I loved them! However, I don't think they know what goes on in regards to the actual admittance of students. So I would take what they say in regards to a HPWL with a grain of salt)
I see what you mean, maybe they just aren't totally informed in that respect. So you don't think an email would specify if you were just regular waitlisted, and would only make a distinction if you were HPWL?

I see what you mean, maybe they just aren't totally informed in that respect. So you don't think an email would specify if you were just regular waitlisted, and would only make a distinction if you were HPWL?
Correct. I think they would only make a distinction in the email if you're placed on the HPWL. I will definitely post the second I hear back, but those are just my thoughts. There are so many of us who interviewed early but haven't heard anything back from any three of these waves of releases, which gives me a feeling there's a fourth wave.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For the people who received the wait list email, did it say 'happy to inform?'

Has there been anyone who was complete around the end of September that has been rejected?

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile
I was complete in early July, and I still have radio silence.

Does anyone know how to submit an update letter? The secondary application portal is closed X_X.

just waitlisted after interviewing 1/6, but the email didn't specify regular or high-priority, so I called admissions and they told me that there is no such thing as a high priority waitlist vs regular and there's only one. So I'm wondering is the high priority waitlist an informal thing the adcom doesn't talk about, did they straight up just lie and say that there is no hpwl, or did they get rid of it entirely?

Also a current MS2 here. Unless they made some new changes for this cycle, there definitely is a high priority waitlist and it will say so in the e-mail.
Although in recent years there has essentially been no movement from the regular waitlist, so maybe they changed their system and just have one waitlist now? Sorry I couldn't be of more help but unfortunately these uncertainties are just part of the process haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Also a current MS2 here. Unless they made some new changes for this cycle, there definitely is a high priority waitlist and it will say so in the e-mail.
Although in recent years there has essentially been no movement from the regular waitlist, so maybe they changed their system and just have one waitlist now? Sorry I couldn't be of more help but unfortunately these uncertainties are just part of the process haha

I have a quick question about the housing:apartments for the med students. I believe I saw on the housing website that people will have to share studios with another person, 1 bedroom apartments with another person, and 2 bedroom apartments will have 3 people total. To accommodate this the floor plans had the living room as "living/bedroom". So does this mean someone is sleeping in the living room? If so, how often does this happen?

hey, just wanted to draw your attention to my post and ask your input:

just waitlisted after interviewing 1/6, but the email didn't specify regular or high-priority, so I called admissions and they told me that there is no such thing as a high priority waitlist vs regular and there's only one. So I'm wondering is the high priority waitlist an informal thing the adcom doesn't talk about, did they straight up just lie and say that there is no hpwl, or did they get rid of it entirely?

That is odd, I remember when I was interviewing and such there definitely was a HPWL. In fact I actually was accepted off the HPWL (it actually said High Priority in the Subject line). Maybe they have just one waitlist now, which means that you should definitely show interest.

I have a quick question about the housing:apartments for the med students. I believe I saw on the housing website that people will have to share studios with another person, 1 bedroom apartments with another person, and 2 bedroom apartments will have 3 people total. To accommodate this the floor plans had the living room as "living/bedroom". So does this mean someone is sleeping in the living room? If so, how often does this happen?

So for the most part, the living rooms have been converted to bedrooms. I'm technically in a 1 bedroom apt with one other student, but there are actually two rooms. They added an extra wall to the living room so its a regular bedroom now. The only difference is that the closet for clothing and such is outside my room in the hallway. I have heard of two or three cases where people are in a living room that has not been converted, but it seems rare.

That is odd, I remember when I was interviewing and such there definitely was a HPWL. In fact I actually was accepted off the HPWL (it actually said High Priority in the Subject line). Maybe they have just one waitlist now, which means that you should definitely show interest.

I figured there would be but I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) find it so strange that an email indicating that you'll be floating indefinitely in purgatory would start with "I am happy to inform you", and also that they would say "Congratulations" when I called them on the phone to ask about the waitlist. Also, if it's as deliberate and formal as actually indicating the type of waitlist in the subject line, why would they tell me there's only one list? Is that not a boldface lie?

General saltiness as well because I felt that this was far and away my best interview of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's going to suck when you open the email and see the words congratulations /we are pleased and it's not a acceptance. Major blue balls!

So... you're saying send it as text-only in an email?

Yea so either send it in the text of the email, or in a word document. (Do not send it in a PDF because they need to copy and paste it [according to them])

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone NOT get an "Interview Interest" email?

It asked if I was still interested in being interviewed...

also received it. wondering if it's more polite to respond and withdraw or just not respond at all.

didnt receive it, rejection coming my way I'm assuming?

what time did people get this email? maybe they're sending them out in batches

Also received it about 1 hour ago (12:45pm CST). Not sure if it's sent to all or if it's a sign of interest?

Did not receive this email. I'm thinking a rejection is soon to follow.

Did they send out these emails last year as well? If we didn't receive them, are we considered rejected? :(

Just got an email asking if I'm still interested as they go into their final pool of applicants? Wow I guess there really still is a chance.

Did they send out these emails last year as well? If we didn't receive them, are we considered rejected? :(
Yes they did send these out in past years. I cant recall if anyone who didnt get one was rejected or not

For Those who received the interview interest email do you mind sharing stats or complete date?

For Those who received the interview interest email do you mind sharing stats or complete date?

Never figured out the Lizzy M, but 3.79 and 516. completed July 5th lol...

Yeah still wondering how many people got this though...and what it means

Lizzy M 75 complete late July. Yeah Im also curious what it means

LizzyM 75, complete mid-July. I will likely rescind my application as I'm pretty set on going to a different school. Still considering though! Einstein is a great program.

Did anybody that received the "are you still interested" email send an update/LOI recently? Wondering if it's checking in with only people they haven't heard from recently (and they're considering for interview) or if they send it to everyone they're still considering for interview

I sent an update/LOI mid January and didn't get the email

Reactions: 1 users
sent an update in December and got the email

Sent an update a couple weeks ago, no email

I hope the HPWL would come out today:owle:

Reactions: 3 users
How late does Einstein interview? Complete mid-August and nothing yet. Not even the "are you still interested" email.

Reactions: 2 users