You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Rejected complete 7/25. Did not receive "the email".
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys, please no more mentioning of "the email." It just causes more paranoia. :/
Sorry about your rejection 🙁 silver lining is, you have 3 IIs!Rejected complete 7/25. Did not receive "the email".
Rejected. completed 7/22. Good luck everyone
Wow it looks like this is the week of the rejections. Now I keep nervously refreshing my email even more often
Rejected as well! And agreed, that was the nicest rejection email ever. Thanks for letting us down easy, BU[emoji173]️
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When were you complete? Late July?Rejected as well! And agreed, that was the nicest rejection email ever. Thanks for letting us down easy, BU[emoji173]️
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Rejected. Complete 7/22. Even with the nice email this one hit hard.
Best of luck to those still in the game
Best of luck to those still in the game
Rejected and complete in July 🙁
Finally got the rejection email. Complete 7/26
Anyone on here interviewing on Nov 28th?
I am!
My nerds! I will see you there.
Aaaaand there it is. Rejected. Complete 7/29
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected. Had a feeling it was coming
Stats?II complete mid July
re-re-re-rejection
complete mid july
I knew it was coming
complete mid july
I knew it was coming
Rejected, but I've lived in Boston long enough, time to branch out!
And to official end the email speculation, I received "the email", so clearly it means nothing! Everyone can relax...at least about that.
And to official end the email speculation, I received "the email", so clearly it means nothing! Everyone can relax...at least about that.
Rejected, but I've lived in Boston long enough, time to branch out!
And to official end the email speculation, I received "the email", so clearly it means nothing! Everyone can relax...at least about that.
Thanks for sharing that. Good luck with your other non-Boston apps! The world is calling!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
God I really want to go here, I am super nervous for my interview. Anyone have any advice or know any helpful links for interviews?
Don't stress! I was super nervous before too especially since it was my first interview but I found it to be a very conversational and low stress interview and day in general. I'd suggest that you be familiar with your ECs and know why you chose medicine and why BU
What does it mean to get an interview invite? Like is there a good chance of getting in you think?Don't stress! I was super nervous before too especially since it was my first interview but I found it to be a very conversational and low stress interview and day in general. I'd suggest that you be familiar with your ECs and know why you chose medicine and why BU
Are you serious?What does it mean to get an interview invite? Like is there a good chance of getting in you think?
Yeah I amAre you serious?
.
Last edited:
Yeah I am
It's a good sign! You're gonna crush it dude good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I can't believe they have 100 applicants per seat (according to the rejection letter)-- that's crazy!! Sad that it's such a lottery-- too many good apps turned away. good luck everyone! 🙂 🙂
Ya, I believe they get around 12,000 applications for only 180 spots...so I don't blame them at all for any lateness or rejection! That's just a crazy amount
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
God damn wtf this has to be a flukeYa, I believe they get around 12,000 applications for only 180 spots...so I don't blame them at all for any lateness or rejection! That's just a crazy amount
Ya, I believe they get around 12,000 applications for only 180 spots...so I don't blame them at all for any lateness or rejection! That's just a crazy amount
At our interview day, Dean said they oversubscribed last year, plus MAMS and the BS/MD actually leaves it to 130 seats for regular MD applicants this year.
So it's even harder this year!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
At our interview day, Dean said they oversubscribed last year, plus MAMS and the BS/MD actually leaves it to 130 seats for regular MD applicants this year.
So it's even harder this year!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Unless you have already cured at least 1 disease you have 0 chance.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got an interview with a 3.4 gpa and 511 Mcat, is that weird ?
BU has a very holistic application process. I noticed your other comments on this thread... I think you should be proud of yourself and try to forget about your academics. BU only invited people who they think can handle the curriculum.... Don't let this affect your interview. Do your best, I'm sure you're going to be great.
Thanks a lot I appreciate your words they mean a lotBU has a very holistic application process. I noticed your other comments on this thread... I think you should be proud of yourself and try to forget about your academics. BU only invited people who they think can handle the curriculum.... Don't let this affect your interview. Do your best, I'm sure you're going to be great.
Either. When were you complete?just got the "email". Does it mean i will get II / rejection soon??
Complete mid July!When were you complete? Late July?
Either. When were you complete?
early sept
early sept
For the life of us... nobody can really tell what the heck the e-mail meant. From what people have shared, it seems like every different outcome has come from that e-mail: II, rejection, silence... so I wouldn't read too much into it. You'll hear, eventually. They've only been rejecting up through late July thus far, so I think more waiting is in order for August and Sept. folks.
Take the interview and run with it. Leave the analysis to the admissions committee. Hope you do well!I got an interview with a 3.4 gpa and 511 Mcat, is that weird ?
Thanks you to!Take the interview and run with it. Leave the analysis to the admissions committee. Hope you do well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What school is more competitive you think Boston or UW Madison or MCW?
As an OOS? Probably Madison. Definitely not MCW
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm im state
I'm im state
You're in state for WI? Then I would probably say Boston.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got the II!! 😀
quick question: in the email they said that they would appreciate updates to academic work. The classes that I ended up taking this semester are slightly different from what I indicated my academic plans were when I filled out the primary app. Is this the type of update they would be interested in? Or only if you have recent grades?
quick question: in the email they said that they would appreciate updates to academic work. The classes that I ended up taking this semester are slightly different from what I indicated my academic plans were when I filled out the primary app. Is this the type of update they would be interested in? Or only if you have recent grades?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
Good luck to everyone still in the running!