2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Now into the interview pending stage. The "up to 8 weeks" review period lasted 13 haha. I'm OOS so a II is unlikely, but who knows. I'm sure their office has been slammed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Now into the interview pending stage. The "up to 8 weeks" review period lasted 13 haha. I'm OOS so a II is unlikely, but who knows. I'm sure their office has been slammed.

It ain't over till it's over.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Paranoia getting the best of me, but I was wondering if anyone from 11/11 or 11/18 remembers if our presenter said they'd be meeting in the evening of the 12th or just the 12th in general? Just wanna gauge how likely it is we will actually hear tomorrow or if it's going to be Tuesday. Perhaps someone already admitted this cycle could weigh in on what time of day they heard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Likely Tuesday since 1) CMED is in winter break right now, and 2) Mt P (and by extension all of Lower Peninsula MI) got smoked w/ a massive winter storm today.

Likely Tuesday since 1) CMED is in winter break right now, and 2) Mt P (and by extension all of Lower Peninsula MI) got smoked w/ a massive winter storm today.

Noooooooooo. I was afraid of that haha.

Last year we were told similar things for my interview day from early December, and I didn't get the call til Wednesday. So, don't be dismayed if you don't hear back tomorrow or Tuesday. :)

Last year we were told similar things for my interview day from early December, and I didn't get the call til Wednesday. So, don't be dismayed if you don't hear back tomorrow or Tuesday. :)
You're killing me!

They told us (11/11 interviewee) that we would likely be hearing back on 12/13. Not that I immediately put that date in my calendar. With four sequential notifications. That I check every day.

I'm a little eager. I have conversations to finish with my two student interviewers!

They told us (11/11 interviewee) that we would likely be hearing back on 12/13. Not that I immediately put that date in my calendar. With four sequential notifications. That I check every day.

I'm a little eager. I have conversations to finish with my two student interviewers!
I'm aggressively over eager, I want to buy a CMU hoodie!

Reactions: 1 users
You're killing me!

Well... I was one of the people that was told Monday... then everyone got hold/reject emails first thing Tuesday, then people got calls Tuesday afternoon, then Wednesay morning... and me an a classmate heard nothing... THEN! Wednesday at 2:25, 30 mins after I decided to take a nap from the exhaustion of checking my portal, phone, SDN every 15 minutes for 2 1/2 days... they called me.

Moral of the story: if you want a call, take a nap (leave your ringer on). Watch for a 989- area code. ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I could have sworn he said the committee meets in the evening.
Last month they told us the committee met on that Monday the 7th and then most people got emails for the waitlist in the morning of the 8th! I received a call at about 4 PM on the 8th for the acceptance! Hopefully that helps out and good luck everyone I'm rooting for you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Same! Here's to hoping we get phone calls and not emails :)

Just to clarify..they call you for an acceptance and email you if you are on waitlist or on hold? What do they do if you are rejected? Also waitlist means you are in if a spot clears whereas hold means they still have to think about whether or not they want to accept you, right?

Just to clarify..they call you for an acceptance and email you if you are on waitlist or on hold? What do they do if you are rejected? Also waitlist means you are in if a spot clears whereas hold means they still have to think about whether or not they want to accept you, right?

I'm pretty sure waitlist, hold and rejection are emailed. And acceptances are called. And yup, your understanding of hold is the same as mine. It seems a hold ends up being a low key rejection.

Correct. Direct acceptances get phone calls. Waitlist, "priority waitlist" (if used), hold and reject all get emails. The first three will also require you to log into the portal and accept or decline your status. If you're waitlisted, you'll be offered a seat if/when one clears; if you're on hold, you have to come off the hold list and move to the waitlist first, then wait for a seat.

Hope this helps! Good luck, I'm rooting for all of you!

F.M.L

Dear Applicant,

I wanted to write a quick note and let you know of a change in our Admissions Committee meeting date. Originally, the committee was scheduled to meet tonight (December 12th), but due to various conflicts we have rescheduled this meeting until December 19th. This date change will mean that we are not going to be able to provide you with an admissions decision until December 20th, 2016. Thank you for your understanding and patience

Reactions: 2 users
F.M.L

Dear Applicant,

I wanted to write a quick note and let you know of a change in our Admissions Committee meeting date. Originally, the committee was scheduled to meet tonight (December 12th), but due to various conflicts we have rescheduled this meeting until December 19th. This date change will mean that we are not going to be able to provide you with an admissions decision until December 20th, 2016. Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nooooooooooo just got that email as well :/

F.M.L

Dear Applicant,

Just received the same email. What's another week?

<smashes face into pillow>

I AM GOING TO BE IN MEXICO AND CANT GET CALLS! wah.

F.M.L

Dear Applicant,

NOOOOOOO can't they skype with each other?!

Reactions: 2 users
accepted students: have you received anything in the mail? So far, I've accepted my offer through the portal and joined the Facebook group. I know there was mention of us being mailed something but I haven't received anything.

accepted students: have you received anything in the mail? So far, I've accepted my offer through the portal and joined the Facebook group. I know there was mention of us being mailed something but I haven't received anything.

Same haha nothing to worry about!

Accepted 10/17 and I have not received any information in the mail, nor any additional emails after the first few. They could be waiting to send them out until they get a larger batch of students.

I'm not sure if anyone on here would know this (maybe some of the current students who lurk the thread), but where can I find information about the first two classes' average Step 1 scores? It doesn't seem to be something they've published on their website.

I am new to this thread and I apologize if this has been answered in a previous post... Does anyone know if we are able to complete and submit the CASPer after we have submitted our secondary application?

I am new to this thread and I apologize if this has been answered in a previous post... Does anyone know if we are able to complete and submit the CASPer after we have submitted our secondary application?

Of course you can! :)

Email for admission decision just now. On-hold. Interviewed 12/2.

Just received the email stating I've been placed on hold. I'm pretty surprised and definitely disappointed, as I felt like I really connected with the school's people/mission during the interviews.

I'll still be holding on to hope for a second look.

Interviewed on 11/11.

I'm too scared to check my email lol I may wait and live in ignorance a little while longer

Would wait list emails go out today as well? Or does a hold = wait list?

Hold=they haven't reached an admissions decision, they will keep looking at your application until they reach a decision.

Wait list= you are accepted and can gain entry into the school if a space opens at the end of the cycle

Hold is worse than the waitlist, from what I can tell from past threads.

Yep, hold was described as the position they give when they want to hold your application to review against the entire applicant pool towards the very end of the cycle (March I believe). Waitlist is what they pull from immediately as spots open up.

Longtime lurker here. Wait list emails went out today as well.
According to MSAR the wait list is not ranked and 60/~100 people were accepted off the wait list. Hopefully this helps ease some anxiety!

Longtime lurker here. Wait list emails went out today as well.
According to MSAR the wait list is not ranked and 60/~100 people were accepted off the wait list. Hopefully this helps ease some anxiety!

So you're saying if you don't hear back at all today then there is a pretty good chance of acceptance?