2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
False, everyone gets this status after their review is complete, regardless of being offered an II or not. It's the next step in the process. @Nkinder

Ah okay! Any idea of what the time frame looks like to hear about an II or not after you get that status?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah okay! Any idea of what the time frame looks like to hear about an II or not after you get that status?
I don't think they begin straight up rejecting until the new year, according to last year's thread. In regards to time for an II, I have seen some people on here in the 6-8 week range and a lot <2 weeks. For me personally it was a week.

I don't think they begin straight up rejecting until the new year, according to last year's thread. In regards to time for an II, I have seen some people on here in the 6-8 week range and a lot <2 weeks. For me personally it was a week.

Okay thank you! Do you think taking that optional assessment is a good idea? I bumped it back to December thinking it wouldn't be necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thank you! Do you think taking that optional assessment is a good idea? I bumped it back to December thinking it wouldn't be necessary.
I saw on this thread that it has no bearing at all on whether you get an interview or not, but I am paranoid and just shelled out the 20 bucks to do it lol. Personally I would, it certainly won't hurt!

Congratulations on getting a II from UMich ! Your stats please if you don't mind. Thanks.
I have a II from Wayne , Western and Central Michigan. Waiting for a II from Umich.

Sorry I'm not comfortable with disclosing stats. My MCAT score wasn't too hot, but it was decent. But I am IS if that helps you? Also undergrad at UM

Why?????? its impossible to be able to get II from UMICH and not from CMU! you must have great stats!

CMU reviewed my app so quick I can tell that they didn't like my MCAT score. My app is very similar to what they are looking for -- I do a lot of community outreach and work in underserved areas but my MCAT score is a killer.

Oh sorry about that then, I was under the impression it was a pre-II hold! Didn't know everyone got that status! I received an II about a week after I got that though, but it will vary from person to person. Good luck!

OMFG first MD interview invite!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Goodluck to everyone one interviewing today. I went to see the school yesteday such a big school.

Goodluck to everyone one interviewing today. I went to see the school yesteday such a big school.

Were you the one peaking in the main lecture hall from outside sometime between 3 and 5? Haha... We were all waving at you if you were...

Reactions: 5 users
LOL - even our immunology prof was cracking up. Looking forward to meeting you all this afternoon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Wait did we meet you?!

If you were in Blue tour group, you did. Some of you may have met other CMEDs who hang out on this board as well. As previously mentioned, we're a friendly bunch.

I just cannot wait to get II from CMU :(
my portal says pending Interview decision !!!
It seems the med students are so friendly and your classes are like a big family!

The school is wonderful, the faculty is amazing and the student body is awesome. They were able to answer almost any questions we had. I feel like I spent a decent time their trying to know about the school and their culture. My group was lucky and the dean was cool enough to let us in the Dean's lounge.

Reactions: 1 users
I led the green tour group. Lyman knows to always give me the green group... Haha

Hope those of you who came today enjoyed your time with us, please let us know if we missed anything or you have any further questions!

Reactions: 2 users
I led the green tour group. Lyman knows to always give me the green group... Haha

Hope those of you who came today enjoyed your time with us, please let us know if we missed anything or you have any further questions!
OMG I can't believe you were my tour group leader! I have been following you on sdn for almost a year lol, you were awesome!

OMG I can't believe you were my tour group leader! I have been following you on sdn for almost a year lol, you were awesome!

Glad I got to meet you and that you had a good time! I do really enjoy the question panel and the tour, it is great fun to meet all of you. Now... If only I can figure out who you were...

Glad I got to meet you and that you had a good time! I do really enjoy the question panel and the tour, it is great fun to meet all of you. Now... If only I can figure out who you were...
LOL, I am the one way too concerned about leggings!

LOL, I am the one way too concerned about leggings!

Ahhh, I know who you are! Sorry for the false legging-ban induced anxiety! I know many classmates who wear them, and are continually trying to convince me to wear them. I prefer my blue jeans any day. But! They pull off black leggings and long shirts/sweaters with boots and such quite nicely. I quite sure you can too (at least from your level of concern I would think you can ;) )

You were an awesome tour guide! You really sold the school and made me even more excited about possibly (fingers crossed) being a student there! Thanks so much for all the helpful info.!!! *I'm the one who asked about dress code in the first place *

Reactions: 4 users
You were an awesome tour guide! You really sold the school and made me even more excited about possibly (fingers crossed) being a student there! Thanks so much for all the helpful info.!!! *I'm the one who asked about dress code in the first place *

Us millennials live for our leggings!

Last edited:
Got an email for an interview a few days ago!!!!! However, when I went on the portal, there was only one day available to interview and I already have an interview at another school on that day. Anyone know if the are adding more interview days. I tried emailing admissions but I'm still waiting on a response

I'm very glad I was able to show you that side of CMed, it truly is an amazing school with a supportive family of students, instructors, and staff. I couldn't be happier here!

Crossing my fingers for you as well!

Last edited:
I was incredibly impressed by CMED and feel super fortunate to have interviewed, it's going to be a looOOOoooOOOOooong wait to December 12th! :arghh:

anyone interviewing on 12/2 want to carpool to the airport?? I am trying to figure out how to pay for all of this D:

Got an email for an interview a few days ago!!!!! However, when I went on the portal, there was only one day available to interview and I already have an interview at another school on that day. Anyone know if the are adding more interview days. I tried emailing admissions but I'm still waiting on a response

Depends on what the date was you were offered... If there are still some left in the cycle they may be able to help you out. Hang tight, the ADCOM is usually pretty good about getting back to and helping applicants with such things. Best of luck to you with your interviews!

CMU reviewed my app so quick I can tell that they didn't like my MCAT score. My app is very similar to what they are looking for -- I do a lot of community outreach and work in underserved areas but my MCAT score is a killer.
Don't give up hope!! I got an II & My MCAT is terrible, but stats aren't everything!! :)

Don't give up hope!! I got an II & My MCAT is terrible, but stats aren't everything!! :)

Amen! I got an acceptance a year ago, without a waitlist... And my MCAT was in the "terrible" range as well... Stats are definitely not everything to this school!!

I have been "application in review" for two and a half months now. Anyone else? In state

I have been "application in review" for two and a half months now. Anyone else? In state
Mine doesn't even say under review, though I have to say my application was complete a bit late (i.e. end of September)...I am getting nervous, don't know how many interview spots they will still have available by the time they get to review my application...

I was under review for about the same time. Im OOS and now I have had the "interview decision pending" status for about a week and a half.

Does anyone know if DEc 2 is the last II option available? and how many interviews are completed out of 12 so far?

If I haven't gotten an II after two weeks of my secondary review being finished am I in bad shape then?
It's not over till you get a rejection email. Plus there are people on here who waited 6-8 weeks after complete to II.

Reactions: 6 users
Quick question!

Are interviews held every Friday or particular Fridays?

if it is every Friday and the latest II goes up to Dec 2, and the 6th one was Nov 18th! then by the end of January all the 12 II would be completed!

Quick question!

Are interviews held every Friday or particular Fridays?

if it is every Friday and the latest II goes up to Dec 2, and the 6th one was Nov 18th! then by the end of January all the 12 II would be completed!

Interviews are generally held every other Friday, exempting the winter break (9 Dec-6 Jan).