2016-2017 Charles Drew/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II, Unsure of when I was complete but I submitted 8/26

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any updates? Submitted my secondary 9/4 but haven't heard anything yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent secondaries?? Haven't heard a word since submitting my primary in august

Any recent secondaries?? Haven't heard a word since submitting my primary in august

Same here, I didn't receive an email about UCLA Drew receiving primary/under review like I did for UCLA Prime. Also, there is an error when go to check status on portal.

Worried about the silence, but maybe we are still being considered?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Same here, I didn't receive an email about UCLA Drew receiving primary/under review like I did for UCLA Prime. Also, there is an error when go to check status on portal.

I haven't gotten a secondary from UCLA' s md program yet but I've gotten UCR and UCSD so I'm remaining hopeful for the other UCs!

Thank you! Well they told me the next available date is nov 19th(I was told this via phone) so I'm patiently awaiting my email confirmation-- did you also receive the phone call or did they email you first???

Thank you! Well they told me the next available date is nov 19th(I was told this via phone) so I'm patiently awaiting my email confirmation-- did you also receive the phone call or did they email you first???

Ahhhh ok. I got a phone call with an interview invite then not too long after I received an email with more information.

Reactions: 1 users
Did it take awhile to get the email confirmation like a few hours? I haven't gotten the email yet--I'm trying to make sure this wasn't some vivid illusion haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Did it take awhile to get the email confirmation like a few hours? I haven't gotten the email yet--I'm trying to make sure this wasn't some vivid illusion haha
I got that call today too. Waiting on email.

It took a few hours so don't start freaking out just yet lol

And submitted! Such a quick turn around on their part, wanted to do the same lol!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So I take it they don't send "complete" emails?
Did anyone get any further correspondence before an II.

Also any FAP applicants, I attached the approval email when I sent the secondary back. Is that good enough or did anyone have to take any other steps?

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Ya'll gonna rock it!

I submitted my primary to Charles Drew in early August and haven't heard back. Should I be worried? Could it be a technical glitch?

Hi everyone, Imani here, I'm a MSIV in the program. If you have any questions I'm available. Feel free to ask here or email me. [email protected] good luck!

Sent from my SM-N930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone get called for an interview this week so far?

Just got the call! Omg I cried on the phone, idk why, flood of emotions lol

Submitted secondary 9/21

Reactions: 4 users
I

Is there student housing near campus? If so, is it in a bad area? Thanks.
Since we attend class at UCLA we live in UCLA graduate housing. When we move off campus, most people move to marina del ray/culver city/Venice. All very nice neighborhoods with affordable housing for students.

Since we attend class at UCLA we live in UCLA graduate housing. When we move off campus, most people move to marina del ray/culver city/Venice. All very nice neighborhoods with affordable housing for students.

Stupid question alert: Is the white coat ceremony at UCLA or Drew? Is the degree granted from UCLA, Drew, or both somehow? I assume both answers are Drew but I'm just curious.

Stupid question alert: Is the white coat ceremony at UCLA or Drew? Is the degree granted from UCLA, Drew, or both somehow? I assume both answers are Drew but I'm just curious.
2 white coat ceremonies, 2 graduations, joint degree but 2 diplomas

Reactions: 2 users

The portal error is because CDU's portal is for accepted students from the 2016 cohort. It's not current for the new 2017 applications.

Anxiously waiting for II. Starring at my phone every 10mins!!

does anyone know which Saturdays are interview days for November and December?

Checking in - Long time lurker, first time poster!

Received phone call on 9/16 for II on 11/19.

So excited for this one as CDU is in my hometown neighborhood and King/Drew was my local hospital growing up

Reactions: 4 users
Checking in - Long time lurker, first time poster!

Received phone call on 9/16 for II on 11/19.

So excited for this one as CDU is in my hometown neighborhood and King/Drew was my local hospital growing up
See you there!

I'll also be interviewing on 11/19. There aren't any student hosts available right?

For those who have interviewed thus far:
Is the Interview soley a MMI? or is there an individual interview as well?

I haven't got a secondary here. Is there still hope to get one ?

Does anyone have any suggestions of what hotel is good for me to stay at the night before the interview?