2016-2017 Charles Drew/UCLA Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any updates on when they will begin to send out acceptances? they had originally said after Jan 15 :D

Did they say this on your interview day? I don't recall them giving any timeline.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Did they say this on your interview day? I don't recall them giving any timeline.

I don't recall when and from whom exactly, but I most definitely remember during my interview that someone officially said 3rd-ish week of January to early February was when they would start making phone calls.

Edit. Super nervous for these upcoming weeks. >.<

Hi all! This question is more targeted to current students: I interviewed previously and am anxiously waiting to here back (like most). I have a letter of interest-do you recommend waiting a few weeks for a decision or sending out the letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! This question is more targeted to current students: I interviewed previously and am anxiously waiting to here back (like most). I have a letter of interest-do you recommend waiting a few weeks for a decision or sending out the letter?

Just send it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
When I received the phone call for the interview I was told they would not begin reviewing applications for acceptance until they finished interviewing everyone. It could have been a fib to make me say yes, but by that statement, I assume they won't begin until the first week of February.

The suspense is killing me for these 3 up coming weeks. What's worse is that they don't let you know about waitlists or rejections until the very last min. >.<

Reactions: 2 users
The suspense is killing me for these 3 up coming weeks. What's worse is that they don't let you know about waitlists or rejections until the very last min. >.<

im-diene-pinterest-Stuti-Gakhar-T-380x232.jpg

Does anyone know if acceptances have started to send out? Or when they will begin?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's what I remember. They said late February/early march or after all interviews are completed.

But I had the same interview day as @BecauseImHappy lol so extra confused

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. They did say that they're waiting for interviews to be over. If I'm not mistaken there are 2 more interviews days remaining.

I don't think anyone who interviewed will be "rejected". After the class is full, everyone else is put on the wait list.

Does anyone know how many seats are left in the class? I heard that they started giving out acceptances

Yeah that's what I remember. They said late February/early march or after all interviews are completed.

But I had the same interview day as @BecauseImHappy lol so extra confused

I did get accepted this past week by phone call and email. I can't be any happier:). It's unreal. I've dreamed of this moment for years now. Didn't think it would ever happen though. I love Drew.
I remember them saying they will accept a few in late January but mostly in late February/march. So I do not know how many people have been accepted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
I did get accepted this past week by phone call and email. I can't be any happier:). It's unreal. I've dreamed of this moment for years now. Didn't think it would ever happen though. I love Drew.
I remember them saying they will accept a few in late January but mostly in late February/march. So I do not know how many people have been accepted.

Congrats on the acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users

Oh nice! Congrats girlie! Now you can get the heck out of that state, so many great options!

Congrats!
:highfive:

Congrats! When did you interview?

Did they offer you any scholarships? Someone told me that usually when they call you early they also call you with a scholarship offer?

Does anyone know if Drew does rolling admissions? Or do they just look at the whole pile since September to Jan and pick students?

Did they offer you any scholarships? Someone told me that usually when they call you early they also call you with a scholarship offer?
No they didn't. I was more shocked that I got in when they called. I didn't even think about scholarships lol.

No they didn't. I was more shocked that I got in when they called. I didn't even think about scholarships lol.
Congratulations on your acceptance!!! I interviewed in October and I am still waiting to hear back. I just wish they could send an update email. The possibility of never hearing back is terrible! I just want to know.

Just got the call! Eeeekkkk

FYI, Joe said they've only notified like 5 people so far.

Edit: Interviewed in November

Reactions: 8 users
CONGRATS :)
Do you know if there have been any acceptances from the January interview date?!

Just got the acceptance email, I got the Geffen Scholarshop!!! Omg I'm literally having a heart attack.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to both of you on being accepted!!!

Did either of you apply to the PRIME program?

Congrats to both of you on being accepted!!!

Did either of you apply to the PRIME program?
Thank you so much! Yes i did apply. But I was passed over from PRIME post secondary . I received an interview invite from regular DGSOM in December. So that is basically like a rejection from PRIME.

Does anyone know if Drew does rolling admissions? Or do they just look at the whole pile since September to Jan and pick students?

I think they save spots so February interviewees have a shot. After Feb. interviews, I'm sure they'll just look from the whole pile until they fill the class.

Is today the last interview day? If so, the remaining set of acceptances should be coming out sometime this week?

Is today the last interview day? If so, the remaining set of acceptances should be coming out sometime this week?
Someone mentioned they will be interviewing on the 14th so that might be the last interview day

Is two interview groups for February common? I think in previous years February only had one date. AND anyone hear back lately?! I'm dying here lol

Reactions: 1 users
Is two interview groups for February common? I think in previous years February only had one date. AND anyone hear back lately?! I'm dying here lol

Ya they have already given 6-10 acceptances already since the last post. :( I don't know how they are doing acceptances but it seems like rolling.