2016-2017 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year it looks like people were called both before and after traffic day so there could still be some movement in the next couple weeks.
Were you invited to second look with some of these other users? @adcom101?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know this thread is anxiously awaiting information, so I thought I would let y'all know that, after a lot of thought and some heartbreak, I have declined my acceptance to CCLCM. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I hope my spot goes to one of you deserving people! Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 5 users
I know this thread is anxiously awaiting information, so I thought I would let y'all know that, after a lot of thought and some heartbreak, I have declined my acceptance to CCLCM. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for the update, @voteknope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I made a throwaway to avoid identification due to the incredibly small cohort size of CCLCM students. I hope you do not perceive me as trolling. I sincerely just wish to update this community as I see no one has been posting information.

I was an alternate list candidate invited to second look weekend, and I was accepted off the wait list last week. However, I know I am not the first because a friend I met at second look was accepted off the wait list almost immediately after second look, in the first week of April.

Talking to administration during the weekend, it sounded like most second look invited applicants are admitted off the wait list in April because CCLCM pressures its admitted candidates to make a decision fast. Historically (at least last year from talking to current CCLCM students), everyone invited to second look (maybe 10-15 people) is admitted off the wait list as well as an additional 3-4 people not invited to second look.

thank you for this info! I hope we see some movement soon. I wasn't invited to second look but still holding onto a small thread of hope.

Reactions: 1 user
Any waitlisted applicants who were invited to second look hear anything yet?

Any waitlisted applicants who were invited to second look hear anything yet?
I was accepted off waitlist after april 30th deadline and I was invited to second look

Reactions: 3 users
Invited to SL but still haven't gotten the call. What gives?

Maybe the vast majority of those who were accepted decided to matriculate compared to last year or previous years...

I am posting from a second account since I would like to protect my anonymity. I was not invited to second look, but I did receive an acceptance call a few days ago.
If it means anything, I have been in contact with my student host and he said to expect movement through the second week of May. There is still a considerable amount of time left for those on the waitlist.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Is there a CCLCM class of 2022 Facebook page?

Someone told me that the students made it last year, rather than the administration

Ok I'm getting really nervous, I'm still waiting on the call...

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone confirm/disconfirm if there's still waitlist movement to be expected? @adcom101?
What we have now is a filled class of 32. If one of these 32 gets a late acceptance to another med school that is higher on his/her list, or if they find out that they have been awarded a full ride (e.g. MD-PhD) or significant scholarship (merit or FA package) elsewhere to their preferred med school, then they will withdraw. This obviously open a seat which is then filled immediately with the next person on the WL. I believe that newly accepted student from the WL will have 24-48 hrs to accept or decline. Last year, if I remember correctly, there were about 5 or 6 who were accepted from the WL but then eventually declined the acceptance from CCLCM. So, movement can still occur but it really depends on the 32 already occupying a CCLCM seat and will also depend if a late acceptance from the WL declines the offer. The "fat lady sings" when CCLCM announces that "the class of 2022 is now closed." Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else's PI been called recently after traffic day?

Hi all,
I just wanted to let you know that, after much thought, I'll be withdrawing my offer. I hope someone whose dream is to go to CCLCM gets my place!

Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to let everyone know I got the call earlier today that I got in!!

So it's safe to assume that there won't be any more movement, right?

Congrats to everyone's who's been admitted from the waitlist. I was also a SL invitee but have not been offered a place in the class– and at this point, I don't anticipate that I will be. I just wanted to wish you all the best, whether you're matriculating to Lerner, another institution this coming fall, or planning for a reapplication cycle.

Just about to accept my financial aid package elsewhere. Wish I'd gotten off that alt list but ya can't always win. Good luck to everyone and go kill it out there, future doctor fam~

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if this was answered somewhere in this thread, but I am slightly confused. Say I want to apply to the college program, I apply to Case and select college program? Or is it CCLCM specifically? Can you apply to Case and be considered for both university and college program? Or on AMCAS are they two separate schools that you would add?

Did anyone get called for an on-campus interview after having a phone interview?