2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Take that all back, I just got an email saying they're changing the process this year so we will all see.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Plenty to do in Center City. Definitely recommend Reading Terminal Market f you're in town early enough. Great places to eat are literally everywhere, just use Yelp to fine cuisine you're hungry for.
Thanks so much!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think state residency matters for Drexel, pretty sure!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't think state residency matters for Drexel, pretty sure!

No, it doesnt. We have a class of 260ish? They said about 90 are from PA and the other large majority from California.

HEYOOOO. II just now :joyful:

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an II this morning as well! Complete mid/end of July!

Reactions: 2 users
How strict are they LOR requirements? The secondary portal says 3 letters from professors, 2 from science and one from a non-Science. I have 5 letters in total. 2 from science professors, 1 from a research mentor, 1 from my current boss, and 1 from a doctor I shadowed for 80+ hours. I graduated 2 years ago so letters from professors are not easy to come by.

How strict are they LOR requirements? The secondary portal says 3 letters from professors, 2 from science and one from a non-Science. I have 5 letters in total. 2 from science professors, 1 from a research mentor, 1 from my current boss, and 1 from a doctor I shadowed for 80+ hours. I graduated 2 years ago so letters from professors are not easy to come by.

Only one way to find out for sure- call them

Members don't see this ad :)
It's not too late if I submit my secondary for this school tomorrow is it?
I know the deadline is December or January 2017 for most secondaries, but I've been told to send secondaries in 2-3 days after you get them for most schools; that's considered "early."
I got Drexel's August 5th (so a month ago). Plus, I've been submitting secondaries to 5 other schools within that amount of time.

It's not too late if I submit my secondary for this school tomorrow is it?
I know the deadline is December or January 2017 for most secondaries, but I've been told to send secondaries in 2-3 days after you get them for most schools; that's considered "early."
I got Drexel's August 5th (so a month ago). Plus, I've been submitting secondaries to 5 other schools within that amount of time.

Long story short - I would recommend you go ahead and submit. You may not be submitting "early" but by no means are you late.

The recommended completion time frames that are quoted here are often just best practices - you're not docked for submitting past 2 days or 2 weeks. The commonly accepted absolute date for an "early" secondary submission for most schools is Labor Day.

Long story short - I would recommend you go ahead and submit. You may not be submitting "early" but by no means are you late.

The recommended completion time frames that are quoted here are often just best practices - you're not docked for submitting past 2 days or 2 weeks. The commonly accepted absolute date for an "early" secondary submission for most schools is Labor Day.
Yikes, ok!
One more question: my responses to Drexel's essay prompts go over the 200 word limit by 69 and 41 words.When I press save, my essays aren't cut off (surprisingly). Does that mean that the 200 word limit was only recommended?

Yikes, ok!
One more question: my responses to Drexel's essay prompts go over the 200 word limit by 69 and 41 words.When I press save, my essays aren't cut off (surprisingly). Does that mean that the 200 word limit was only recommended?
I would just play it safe and cut it down.

Hm...but I went over the 600 word limit for Duke by about the same amount :(
I'll see if I can cut it down.

Thanks!
There are something called word limits for a reason, I'm sure @Goro or other adcoms can comment but I don't see why they would choose to interview you when you can't follow basic instructions.

The level of rudeness here on SDN is unreal.
What's more unreal is how, often times, it's supported.

My question had already been answered by two users @macbookproretin, so your hostile response to my question was really not needed.
Please do not respond to this comment.

Reactions: 11 users
Hm...but I went over the 600 word limit for Duke by about the same amount :(
I'll see if I can cut it down.

Thanks!

Just FYI, in this nightmare of a process, always err on the side of caution for EVERYTHING you do.
The worst mistakes you can make are the completely avoidable ones.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied here today. LM of 73. Hoping they don't screen me out for a high MCAT! I would love to go here! A little worried about the nearly 14k apps but somebody gets admitted right?

I applied here today. LM of 73. Hoping they don't screen me out for a high MCAT! I would love to go here! A little worried about the nearly 14k apps but somebody gets admitted right?
Does drexel do yield protection?

I have an II with a Lizzy 73 and am from the Midwest! So you have a shot :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm having an issue with my secondary. Even though I completed everything and paid the fee, but my MCAT is showing up as "not completed." I submitted my scores etc. through AMCAS already. I called Drexel and they said there was a problem with their system. Anyone else have the same issue or is it just me?

Complete 8/9... still haven't heard anything from Drexel :(

I'm having an issue with my secondary. Even though I completed everything and paid the fee, but my MCAT is showing up as "not completed." I submitted my scores etc. through AMCAS already. I called Drexel and they said there was a problem with their system. Anyone else have the same issue or is it just me?

I took the July 9th MCAT and had to wait for my scores to be uploaded into the system. You're probably fine! If the scores aren't up by next week, I would call the office again to confirm.

I have the same problem! I emailed them and they said my file is now under review, but I couldn't see that on the portal, just my MCAT "not completed" as usual. Seems like we gotta call every time for an update.

complete 7/12 and haven't heard anything.... it's a waiting game
Looks like people in last year's thread started getting a wave of invites around the 17th.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have some insight about Drexel? -How is the interview? -Does the large class size affect research opportunities etc. -Pros/Cons

Nice! Good luck! :) I applied to Oakland as well! Completed 8/16 but still nothing. When were you complete?

Seems that you and I were complete at schools around the same time... Hopefully we will hear back soon!

Seems that you and I were complete at schools around the same time... Hopefully we will hear back soon!

Yeah except I didn't hear back from any school yet :( my apps were completed between 8/6 - 8/23. I applied to all Ohio schools + Drexel, Oakland, IU and Louisville

Completed 8/22 still haven't heard anything