2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a idiot I got rejected from Georgetown not George Washington lolz . Actually kinda sad now because GT had a better fit for me even though from peoples comment on here it seems that GW is a better school . O well more time for me to get a rejection from GW
 
Last edited:
I'm a idiot I got rejected from Georgetown not George Washington lolz . Actually kinda sad now because GT had a better fit for me even though from peoples comment on here it seems that GW is a better school . O well more time for me to get a rejection from GW

u lied to me :rage:! but seriously... sorry to hear about the rejection 🙁
 
u lied to me :rage:! but seriously... sorry to hear about the rejection 🙁
LOLZ sorry! its okay I expect to get a more rejections than II .I already have 2 II which I feel blessed about. This one kinda bummed me out because GT have a large soccer loving environment which is a huge part of my life. As you can see my priorities are completely messed up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOLZ sorry! its okay I expect to get a more rejections than II .I already have 2 II which I feel blessed about. This one kinda bummed me out because GT have a large soccer loving environment which is a huge part of my life. As you can see my priorities are completely messed up.

o yea i remember you still have the penn state interview to look forward to😉! so u took one of my potential interview spots AND u lied to me :yeahright:. that's 2 strikes mister... ur really testing our SDN friendship arent ya?
 
Well, this day has been pretty horrible to be honest haha. I'm going to officially depart from this thread now that I am essentially out of the running and focus on life/having fun/*hopefully* other II's, but to those who are still waiting to hear back or have upcoming II's: best of luck to you, seriously. You deserve an acceptance!
 
So I received my secondary from GW back in July, but haven't submitted the secondary since then due to financial reasons.

How bad does it look if I've waited this long to submit the secondary back? Does it kill my chances if I submit it now?
 
So I received my secondary from GW back in July, but haven't submitted the secondary since then due to financial reasons.

How bad does it look if I've waited this long to submit the secondary back? Does it kill my chances if I submit it now?

Chances aren't dead, just slim.
 
So I received my secondary from GW back in July, but haven't submitted the secondary since then due to financial reasons.

How bad does it look if I've waited this long to submit the secondary back? Does it kill my chances if I submit it now?

I wouldn't worry too much about the gap between receiving and submitting the app. Probably more worried that u will be complete mid-October which is very late for MD schools. However if u have a strong app then chances aren't nil. I've known some people from Ivy's who were humble bragging about not submitting their primary until September and still getting multiple II's and acceptances... but most of us aren't those people lol
 
Did anyone who interviewed mid September get placed on the waitlist on Friday? Trying to figure out if they've even gotten to me yet.
 
Has anyone pre-II that's been placed on hold tried sending letters of interest? Anybody know if that will be looked upon negatively?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think the acceptances all came out in one wave today? I interviewed in mid-August and still haven't heard anything...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was placed on alternative list post interview. Does anyone know if people get accepted from this? What does this status mean?
 
Anyone have any insight of Letters of Intent? If I was just waitlisted, when is the best time to send the LOI (which would say GW is my #1 choice)? I've heard waiting until December is good because it's later in the cycle when people are beginning to be pulled off the waitlist. But I also don't want to wait too long. Any thoughts?
 
Anyone have any insight of Letters of Intent? If I was just waitlisted, when is the best time to send the LOI (which would say GW is my #1 choice)? I've heard waiting until December is good because it's later in the cycle when people are beginning to be pulled off the waitlist. But I also don't want to wait too long. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't do it too early either. You likely won't be reviewed until around when the waitlist is going to take off. Any impact the letter might have is better saved for when they're looking to pull from that list and your enthusiasm is fresh on their minds.

At least that's how I would think about it. Peruse past threads and see when that usually begins. Then send your interest letter a little before that.
 
Do you think the acceptances all came out in one wave today? I interviewed in mid-August and still haven't heard anything...

Hey I interviewed in August and still did not get any response. Is anyone else in the same position? Why do you think they haven't gotten back to us yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad