You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I asked the admissions counselor during my interview day and she said it varies by year but they said last year no one came off the waitlist :/Does anyone know how much movement off the waitlist there is?
I asked the admissions counselor during my interview day and she said it varies by year but they said last year no one came off the waitlist :/
If you look at the SDN thread from last year there were a few acceptances off the waitlist reported, so unless they lied the number is definitely not 0 (but I'm still not keeping my hopes up)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And me!
Does this school give out any financial aid? If so, does anyone know when they do?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
D
deleted817122
What does it mean to be selected as an alternate? Is that the same thing as being waitlisted?
What does it mean to be selected as an alternate? Is that the same thing as being waitlisted?
I believe so....when did you interview?
This school seems to waitlist tons of people. Is it normal for them to see a lot of movement then?I believe so....when did you interview?
I was complete end of July, placed on hold probably sometime in Aug (not entirely sure exactly when I was placed on hold), submitted an update letter also indicating my continued interest on Jan 6th.. still haven't been removed from hold nearly a month later. Is this a bad sign 🙁
Don't know what kind of sign it is, but it's the same sign I have 😵 literally exact same situation.I was complete end of July, placed on hold probably sometime in Aug (not entirely sure exactly when I was placed on hold), submitted an update letter also indicating my continued interest on Jan 6th.. still haven't been removed from hold nearly a month later. Is this a bad sign 🙁
.
Last edited:
Has anyone that interviewed in early December (12/8 and on) heard anything back yet? I've heard nothing but silence since my interview...
Seems like the last date they responded to was 11/29 (sorry acetominoFINE, I looked through your post history!)Has anyone that interviewed in early December (12/8 and on) heard anything back yet? I've heard nothing but silence since my interview...
Ok thanks! I'm just starting to get nervous over here! hahaSeems like the last date they responded to was 11/29 (sorry acetominoFINE, I looked through your post history!)
EDIT: when do you think the committee will meet next?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I speculate they meet every monday, and give decisions on Tuesday/Wednesday, but thats just a guess based on how most decisions have come out on a tuesday or wednesday.Ok thanks! I'm just starting to get nervous over here! haha
EDIT: when do you think the committee will meet next?
@stayinpositive1234
Just because you seem to be a recent interviewee, do you remember what time your interview day ended? Thanks!
Has anyone that interviewed in early December (12/8 and on) heard anything back yet? I've heard nothing but silence since my interview...
Just because you seem to be a recent interviewee, do you remember what time your interview day ended? Thanks!
@stayinpositive1234
Just because you seem to be a recent interviewee, do you remember what time your interview day ended? Thanks!
The interview day ended way before the scheduled time. Basically you can leave once both your interviews are complete (along with the presentations, lunch, tour). My interviews were back-to-back.
Last edited:
@stayinpositive1234
Just because you seem to be a recent interviewee, do you remember what time your interview day ended? Thanks!
I interviewed in December and I was done by ~1:30 pm if I remember correctly. It'll depend on when your specific interviews are scheduled and how much time you have in between. I had the first interview slot just after lunch and then the next slot for my second one. Other people had their first interview 30 minutes after lunch and then a 30 min break until their next one.
I interviewed in December and I was done by ~1:30 pm if I remember correctly. It'll depend on when your specific interviews are scheduled and how much time you have in between. I had the first interview slot just after lunch and then the next slot for my second one. Other people had their first interview 30 minutes after lunch and then a 30 min break until their next one.
Have you heard back yet from your December interview?
Not yet!Have you heard back yet from your December interview?
When do you receive our acceptance package in the mail and what does it contain?
Also when do we receive information about financial aid?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Also when do we receive information about financial aid?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got an e-mail saying I was placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/8. Is there still hope of an acceptance down the road/can anyone shed some light on this?
Could they be getting to Jan interviews soon? Their last December interview was December 16th, and the first one after the break was January 5thJust got an e-mail saying I was placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 12/8. Is there still hope of an acceptance down the road/can anyone shed some light on this?
Damn, didn't know they got that far into December. I heard movement is relatively okay. The school costs a ton so a lot of people decide not to attend, but then again, they waitlist a ton of people so the pool they choose from is huge.
Did you send any updates or anything?
I gave them an update before my interview so I'll likely do the same in the coming days
Just got placed in the Alternate category 

Alternate also 

Just got placed in the Alternate category![]()
when did you both interview?Alternate also![]()
December 6thwhen did you both interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you both interview?
I interviewed December 2nd.
Have you checked the portal?
I interviewed around that time (early december) too, haven't heard anything though.
Edit: Anyone else in this situation?
Have you checked the portal?
Yup, same generic thank you for interviewing message...
Hmm.. I wonder if that means they send updates out of order ??Yup, same generic thank you for interviewing message...
Haha me too good luck!Im not complaining if it means i haven't been waitlisted yet haha.
Declined my II today as I've been accepted to my first-choice program. Good luck everyone!
Interviewed early December....have not heard any news yet. No update on portal.
Me too so no worries. We will probably hear back in the next week or so.Interviewed early December....have not heard any news yet. No update on portal.
Early december
Sorry to hear that hopefully we see a lot of alternate list movementsThere's the alternate email I expected 🙁
That was the most pleasant rejection email I've received yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected! I've been on hold since July. It's nice to have closure.
Has anyone had any luck getting off the hold?
D
deleted751373
Still on hold since summer. Do people even get II's this late??
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
🙁 twiddling my thumbs. i would love to live in DCStill on hold since summer. Do people even get II's this late??
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
🙁 twiddling my thumbs. i would love to live in DC
I do not believe that fake rumors will be deterring any student away from here! At this age and at this education level, many of us are able to quickly decipher what is true and not...and have the initiative to ask! I'm so excited to be here next year, and the people who applied really are excited about coming here. However, I do understand that some students will value prestige or maybe UNR is closer to home for them. I LOVE YOU UNLV!!
Troll much?