2016-2017 Louisiana State University - New Orleans Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received 10/4
complete on 8/22

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
II on 10/4 IS, MCAT: 509, cGPA: 3.67 interview scheduled for mid October!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I know they met on Friday to review all the interviewees. Any idea when letters will start to reach people's homes?

It was my understanding that they would send out the letters in the middle of this week (following last Friday's discussion of the heretofore interviewed applicants). Judging from my perusal of when people got their letters in past years from LSU-NOLA, it seems like most people were notified a few days after Oct. 15 (the earliest date for RD acceptance notifications according to LSU's website). So I think they are mailing out letters probably around this time of the week, and we can expect to receive them Saturday at the earliest but most likely not until next week.

Ugh the wait is killing me, especially to only get an NFA the first go-around (though NFA over rejection would be welcome 100 times over). Dr. Eubanks was very adamant that most people would not be getting instant acceptances after this initial review, stressing that it is very rare for most applicants to be accepted before the Holidays. I understand their reasoning; don't want to give out too many acceptances before interviewing a huge portion of remaining applicants. But let's face it, knowing you're in this early would be the biggest relief especially because this is hands-down my first choice school.

Just my innocent ramblings, thank you all for humoring me and I'm wishing the best of luck to all those who will be notified of their decision in the coming days. Hoping we will be classmates sooner than later!

Anyone know whether LSU goes in a chronological order for giving II? I received my completion email 8/25. I've noticed that the prior IIs appear to have earlier completion dates (albeit very slightly). Would really like to go here. I'm non-traditional, IS, and applied to LSU and Tulane. Just had my Tulane interview last week (which was set up like two months ago). It seems like LSU is still in October in terms of scheduling interviews whereas Tulane is in February (if not beyond)? It's crazy how different the pace is.

Also good luck to everyone else waiting for II news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my "complete" e-mail on 09/27, havn't heard anything else :(

I wou

I would also like to say that I was rejected last year with those same stats. Dr. Eubanks told me it was because I applied to late in the cycle but idk.

How late did you apply?

Oh head's up for people waiting to hear back after interviews...Called admissions today. They said that they couldn't send out decisions until after the AMCAS regulated date (October 15) so they mailed them all out today. Good luck y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
Probably waiting for that wave of acceptances to be received by everyone RD in this thread..ayyy
When you say you applied late last year, do you mean you sent in your applications late or do you mean your file was complete late on?

When you say you applied late last year, do you mean you sent in your applications late or do you mean your file was complete late on?
When I say late, I'm just repeating what Eubanks said over the summer. I submitted amcas late September and I sent in secondaries soon thereafter.

I'm getting stir-crazy waiting for a letter y'all. I'm now on a first-name basis with my mail man...

Accepted. Letter came into Baton Rouge at 10:30 AM this morning.

Reactions: 4 users
Mail came in NOLA, no letter. Staring at a wall for the next 24 hours.

I GOT IN
I cried when the mail man gave me the letter

Another day. no. letter. If anyone in New Orleans hears something, please give some sign. I'll appreciate you forever.

Last edited:
Live in North Louisiana and got my letter today.

ACCEPTED!!
I can't stop reading it.

Best of luck to everyone waiting. I know the anxiety is real.

Congratulations to those who got Accepted! So while you guys are up in Cloud 9, does anyone have an educated guess on when might the late-august completionists be reviewed for an interview invite? In the past it was as late as spring, but I'm hoping they are behind this year.

Last edited:
Congratulations to those who got Accepted! So while you guys are up in Cloud 9, does anyone have an educated guess on when might the late-august completionists be reviewed for an interview invite? In the past it was as late as spring, but I'm hoping they are behind this year.
Would love to know the same. . . . So apparently you can call on Thursdays to ask about the status of your application. When I called two Thursdays ago, they told me that I was "in review" whatever that means. It also seems like from previous years that II come in waves on Tuesdays (every two weeks or so?). I'm guessing there will be another wave this upcoming Tuesday for interview dates in early November. If anyone knows differently would love to hear. Doesn't seem like anyone has been flat out rejected yet.

Would love to know the same. . . . So apparently you can call on Thursdays to ask about the status of your application. When I called two Thursdays ago, they told me that I was "in review" whatever that means. It also seems like from previous years that II come in waves on Tuesdays (every two weeks or so?). I'm guessing there will be another wave this upcoming Tuesday for interview dates in early November. If anyone knows differently would love to hear. Doesn't seem like anyone has been flat out rejected yet.

From what I've gathered from talking to other applicants--this past Tuesday's II were filling the first 2 weeks in November and seems like it was going to IS applicants in the 509-507 MCAT range. I was complete Aug 23 and felt that this past Tuesday would've been the time for me to get an II but my MCAT isn't in that range so the waiting continues...

Seems like they're giving out II based more on stats than completion date. I know this from personal experience as someone with higher stats but completed the app several weeks after me got an II.

Reactions: 3 users
II earlier this morning! Complete email 9/27 (was complete few weeks before that). Scheduled interview for second week of November.

II earlier this morning! Complete email 9/27 (was complete few weeks before that). Scheduled interview for second week of November.

would like to know your stats too if you don't mind!

Leave Soulja Boy alone!
Thanks, Jbro! I did PM our friend here. Although a quick search would have revealed my stats. I do have extensive research and volunteering experience. Please feel free to PM me for more info on that. And for anyone else who is curious- I am a (very) non-trad reapplicant who shed my share of tears last year when I was not interviewed at all and shed a couple again when I received the II last Monday. All the best to everyone waiting to hear back from the school!

Another day of running into interviewees at UMC. Did any new II come out this week?

Anyone know if the committee actually met last week?