2016-2017 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silence from this school so far. Does this school do silent rejections? (Ps. Sorry in advanced if this was answered previously... I did look through the thread to see if anyone asked but didn't really find anything.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I got the call today!!!! ACCEPTED!!! I am SO excited!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I haven't check the portal in probably 2 weeks but my status did change to: "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program."

Sounds ominous. Can somebody who was accepted report if this was the message you received? Or does this sound more like a hold...to me it sounds like a rejection but I didn't think they did that til the end.

Reactions: 1 user
Silence from this school so far. Does this school do silent rejections? (Ps. Sorry in advanced if this was answered previously... I did look through the thread to see if anyone asked but didn't really find anything.)

No. From my experience from two years ago was a rejection email in Jan or Feb.

So I haven't check the portal in probably 2 weeks but my status did change to: "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program."

Sounds ominous. Can somebody who was accepted report if this was the message you received? Or does this sound more like a hold...to me it sounds like a rejection but I didn't think they did that til the end.

Mine says the same thing and I am having the same thoughts!

They talked about this during my interview day. It's not a hold or a rejection. It means that all the paperwork has been submitted by your interviewers and your application is up for a final review where they will finally decide to accept, waitlist, or reject.

They talked about this during my interview day. It's not a hold or a rejection. It means that all the paperwork has been submitted by your interviewers and your application is up for a final review where they will finally decide to accept, waitlist, or reject.
Did they say how long we could expect to wait after this status or after our interview?

Just got accepted today and my portal has the same message! Don't read into it too much just stay positive!!! Good luck to you all!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call the other day as well! Stepped away from work to answer the phone in the bathroom, was jumping up and down with excitement... My coworkers were so confused when I walked out haha:woot:

Reactions: 5 users
I got the call the other day as well! Stepped away from work to answer the phone in the bathroom, was jumping up and down with excitement... My coworkers were so confused when I walked out haha:woot:
congrats!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Curious for those of you who have interviewed late october/early november did the admissions office say that we can expect to her back on December 15th, or did they say anything different?

any pre-II rejections sent out from Loyola yet?

Curious for those of you who have interviewed late october/early november did the admissions office say that we can expect to her back on December 15th, or did they say anything different?
we can expect to hear back December 15

II this morning!
Complete mid-end of July.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II! Super excited. Does anyone know how generous Loyola is with scholarships? I have been accepted at a state school, so it will be hard justifying going here from a cost stand point. But I love everything about this school and the city of Chicago

Just got an II! Super excited. Does anyone know how generous Loyola is with scholarships? I have been accepted at a state school, so it will be hard justifying going here from a cost stand point. But I love everything about this school and the city of Chicago
Damnit Frogger! lol. But 2 invites in one day, that's awesome. Congrats! :)

You know I heard a rumor that Chicago has good pizza...

You know I heard a rumor that Chicago has good pizza...

I am going to stuff my face with Giordanos for a whole weekend, it's going to be great

You get Lou Malnati's for lunch during your interview :)

Reactions: 3 users
upload_2016-11-29_14-40-15.jpeg

I thought Giordano's was the best but Lou Malnati looks amazing..

II today as well! Completed 7/28
Time to scan the heck out of this thread for interview tips and stuff
I don't even know if it's traditional or MMI
Airport/transportation/housing?? AHHHH

II today as well! Completed 7/28
Time to scan the heck out of this thread for interview tips and stuff
I don't even know if it's traditional or MMI
Airport/transportation/housing?? AHHHH

Congrats bud! It looks like it is two 45 minute interviews.. One is a complete open file, the other the interviewer is blind to your stats

The complete open file is with a faculty member; the blind interview is with a student.

Hi! I'm an M2 and just wanted to share my thoughts on updates:

If you have something meaningful to add to your application, send an update! During the application process, I was told that "Loyola likes to feel the love" which is what the M3 above also said. I personally sent an update pre and post interview and got good results from both (interview and acceptance 1-2 weeks after sending each of those updates). That's not to say that the same thing applies for everyone, but those update letters are looked at and can help! Again, only send updates if you have something meaningful/ new to add to your application (can be a new volunteer position, new job, new grades, anything really), but try to elaborate and explain how those new things have helped you become a stronger applicant, or at least what you've learned from those new things. Good luck!

So what would be the format of an application update? Should it be more in the style of a letter? Or should I try and format it like it is in the primary application?

So what would be the format of an application update? Should it be more in the style of a letter? Or should I try and format it like it is in the primary application?

a letter!

How is the Uber/Lyft in this area? Is there a better way to get from the airport to campus/student host?

How is the Uber/Lyft in this area? Is there a better way to get from the airport to campus/student host?

I used Uber. Worked fine! You could take the train but its quite far (literally opposite end of the blue line from O'Hare).

There was no Lyft anywhere close to Loyola so I decided to Uber to the blue line and take it back downtown. n=1

Definitely a letter!

Uber is pretty popular around the area. I've used it to and from the airport no problem! No experiences using Lyft.

I used Uber. Worked fine! You could take the train but its quite far (literally opposite end of the blue line from O'Hare).

There was no Lyft anywhere close to Loyola so I decided to Uber to the blue line and take it back downtown. n=1

Uber is pretty popular around the area. I've used it to and from the airport no problem! No experiences using Lyft.

Is the price lower than taking the flat rate cab? (which I understand is either $25 or $35)

So, off topic, are they not sticking to the 10/17, 12/15, and 3/17 decision release dates they told us at the interview. Several people have gotten accepted between 10/17 and now, so I'm wondering if we haven't gotten the call, were being continued, or if there's still a chance of an acceptance call on 12/15.

Is the price lower than taking the flat rate cab? (which I understand is either $25 or $35)

Not entirely sure. I've never taken a flat rate cab from the airport. For reference, I live in Forest Park (<10 min away from school), and I've taken Uber to Midway/from Midway quite a few times and my bill is usually $17-23 depending on base rate/time.

So, off topic, are they not sticking to the 10/17, 12/15, and 3/17 decision release dates they told us at the interview. Several people have gotten accepted between 10/17 and now, so I'm wondering if we haven't gotten the call, were being continued, or if there's still a chance of an acceptance call on 12/15.

Did you call the admissions office to find out?

Hello,
I am new to this, but I am a non-trad student(graduated in 2012), OOS with 505 MCAT, and completed my app 11/13. About how long was it before you received a status update once your application was complete?

Hello,
I am new to this, but I am a non-trad student(graduated in 2012), OOS with 505 MCAT, and completed my app 11/13. About how long was it before you received a status update once your application was complete?

11/13 sounds really late. I was complete late August and didnt hear back yet.