2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

Started by freak7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete in late July (21st) I believe, and submitted by secondary August 3rd..or whenever the second day the portal opened 🙁
 
I was complete in late July (21st) I believe, and submitted by secondary August 3rd..or whenever the second day the portal opened 🙁
Oh okay well maybe you should call or email to see what your status is. Have you received a notice that your file was under review?
 
Oh okay well maybe you should call or email to see what your status is. Have you received a notice that your file was under review?

I gave a call today, but wasn't really given anything helpful. I'm pretty sure its my decreasing MCAT score that led to this. 490, 499, 495
Not looking good
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I gave a call today, but wasn't really given anything helpful. I'm pretty sure its my decreasing MCAT score that led to this. 490, 499, 495
Not looking good
They're holding on to you for a reason. If they felt like you couldn't do it based on your stats, they would've rejected you pre-II
 
Don't lose hope. Even though this purgatory is emotionally draining, just stay positive.
Lol thanks, but after 30 rejections, and one invite to St. George, I'm not feeling particularly hopeful. I'm just going to put my all in Drexel's master program and GT's GEMS program. I'm almost 100% confident Meharry will reject me, they're just taking their sweet time doing so *sighs*
 
Lol thanks, but after 30 rejections, and one invite to St. George, I'm not feeling particularly hopeful. I'm just going to put my all in Drexel's master program and GT's GEMS program. I'm almost 100% confident Meharry will reject me, they're just taking their sweet time doing so *sighs*
It's okay. Sometimes it just takes an extra year. If you really want to be a physician you can't stop trying.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!! With a scholarship on top!!!

(Accepted yesterday at about 5:30ish Via email and an hour later got another email offering me a scholarship)

Congrats!!! and I wonder why some people hear on that Friday right after their interviews and others hear back after a month or so.
 
Lol ok this is bad that I forgot this already, but for people who have interviewed at Meharry, two questions:

1. Is the curriculum still letter graded or pass fail?
2. Are classes during the first two years mandatory?
 
I'm a reapplicant, but not for this particular school.
I'm a re-applicant as well. Does the question regarding the outcome of your last app cycle refer to Meharry alone or to the overall cycle? I was accepted into medical school last year, but deferred both of my acceptances because I wanted to retake the MCAT and improve my chances of admissions at other schools. What answer should I pick?

Meharry did not even offer me an interview by the way. I was simply rejected.
 
I'm a re-applicant as well. Does the question regarding the outcome of your last app cycle refer to Meharry alone or to the overall cycle? I was accepted into medical school last year, but deferred both of my acceptances because I wanted to retake the MCAT and improve my chances of admissions at other schools. What answer should I pick?

Meharry did not even offer me an interview by the way. I was simply rejected.
I didn't apply to Meharry so I filled it out as a new application - I would just fill it out pertaining to Meharry only. If they really wanted to know if you were applying another cycle, they could look that up via the AMCAS. I would verify that tho!
 
does anyone know if they've sent any recent rejections out post secondary app since late october ........i feel like I'm starting to wither away......I don't know what to think anymore.
 
does anyone know if they've sent any recent rejections out post secondary app since late october ........i feel like I'm starting to wither away......I don't know what to think anymore.
I was complete late October and I still haven't heard anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what the step 1 pass rate was last year? Or the avg step score? Completely forgot to ask this at the interview