2016-2017 New York University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This calling thing is really a stupid idea. So many people won't even be accessible in any case. Why not just use the email notification for everyone at once?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Props to whoever made a fake twitter account and tweeted at dean rivera

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Fake account, ask him if all acceptances are being given by phone call, or if some might get accepted without a call

Reactions: 4 users
Think you meant to link this one...

His reply insinuates all acceptances will go out by phone. Translated: "sorry for the stress, we'll try to get all the calls out asap so we can waitlist and reject the rest of you early Friday!"

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NYU got me crying in the car on my way home from work already lol.

His reply insinuates all acceptances will go out by phone. Translated: "sorry for the stress, we'll try to get all the calls out asap so we can waitlist and reject the rest of you early Friday!"

Basically

my mom just called me and I yelled at her and now I feel horrible #thxnyu

Reactions: 1 user
I was called during class earlier today and the Dr. left a voicemail and said he would try back later. Called back a few minutes ago.... ACCEPTED!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I love how one of accounts was actually called "Throw away"

I was called during class earlier today and the Dr. left a voicemail and said he would try back later. Called back a few minutes ago.... ACCEPTED!!!

Congrats!! When did you interview

So anymore calls today? Can I relax and take a nap or nah

upload_2017-1-25_17-42-36.png

Reactions: 4 users
So anymore calls today? Can I relax and take a nap or nah
Maybe they're holding out for a birthday phone call for you :) I hope so! Well not for your stress level but that would be really cool lol.

Maybe they're holding out for a birthday phone call for you :) I hope so! Well not for your stress level but that would be really cool lol.

that would be insanely cool but i am not banking on that hahaha

Lol only thing I can think of is maybe each faculty's list of people to call is ordered based on when they interviewed

Lol only thing I can think of is maybe each faculty's list of people to call is ordered based on when they interviewed

that cant be it, there have been acceptances from september, october, november and december....and im assuming more calls are going out tomorrow

that cant be it, there have been acceptances from september, october, november and december....and im assuming more calls are going out tomorrow

Haha yeah but one faculty might be further along their list than another

just called by Dr. and I'm in!!! interview first week of December. shocked because even the dr that called said very few people from my ug get into NYU. best of luck to all!

just called by Dr. and I'm in!!! interview first week of December. shocked because even the dr that called said very few people from my ug get into NYU. best of luck to all!

ha so reassuring since im from your ug

but congrats to you!!

What was the time of the call? Does that mean we have to keep checking our phones after 5 pm? :/

Sent from my Redmi Pro using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Just lost my phone............. Not now... Please... Not... Ugh... Cannot... Cope...

Was it the Dean himself who called you? Congrats, by the way.

My phone was sitting on the table and my friend goes "hey *** you're getting a call!" Legitmitately run over and it's my best friend. Can this end please? (With an acceptance lol)

Just out of curiosity, if anyone gets a call in the evening/night, it'd be from the Evening number on our AMCAS apps, right?

Well damn what a rough day. see y'all back here tomorrow morning!