You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got the official email btw!
Just got the official email btw!Got accepted!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Rush is receptive to Post-Interview updates (i.e. Letters of Interest/Intent). Or is sending one this early in the national application cycle not taken seriously?
Thanks everyone!
Thanks everyone!
How is the 10 min interview?
Well, the first four minutes were pretty slow, but that meant that for the rest of the interview, I was running through the 6 with my woes.How is the 10 min interview?
(just kidding, poking fun at your username
)In all seriousness, it was super conversational. It felt a little crunched for time, but I had a really positive experience (and was just recently accepted!)
OVO 4 life, bro.
Well, the first four minutes were pretty slow, but that meant that for the rest of the interview, I was running through the 6 with my woes.
(just kidding, poking fun at your username)
In all seriousness, it was super conversational. It felt a little crunched for time, but I had a really positive experience (and was just recently accepted!)
OVO 4 life, bro.
People like you make SDN fun haha.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Well, the first four minutes were pretty slow, but that meant that for the rest of the interview, I was running through the 6 with my woes.
(just kidding, poking fun at your username)
In all seriousness, it was super conversational. It felt a little crunched for time, but I had a really positive experience (and was just recently accepted!)
OVO 4 life, bro.
My friend said that he got grilled and the interviewer didn't even smile or give a response to his answers...he said question after question for him...I hope mine is conversational lol..
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My ten min was super fun and relaxed and consisted mainly of questions like "why medicine" and "why a doctor and not a nurse, PA, etc.", but my 40 min one was filled with questions about healthcare policies and the ACA (not in a bad way necessarily, it was a stimulating conversation but not what I had expected). So just be prepared for anything, it really all depends on who your interviewers are!My friend said that he got grilled and the interviewer didn't even smile or give a response to his answers...he said question after question for him...I hope mine is conversational lol..
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accepted this morning for interview on 10/05! Really excited about the school too
Post. Interviewed on October 5Sorry to hear this. Was this pre or post II?
Accepted on Friday!! Interviewed 10/5!!!
Is Rush responsive to pre-interview update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can people who have been accepted post Lizzy m? Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LizzyM's in my signature.Can people who have been accepted post Lizzy m? Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I've applied broadly and thankfully already have acceptances to Jefferson and Wayne State. However, I recently went to Chicago and thought Rush looked amazing. You think it's too late to apply there now just for the heck of it?
Lizzy M 66Can people who have been accepted post Lizzy m? Thanks!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's pretty late in the game. But if you have the $$ to spend, then go for it. Worst thing that happens is they reject you.So I've applied broadly and thankfully already have acceptances to Jefferson and Wayne State. However, I recently went to Chicago and thought Rush looked amazing. You think it's too late to apply there now just for the heck of it?
II!!!'
II!!!'
Congrats!!! Stats/ complete?? If you don't mind [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When does Rush do committee meetings? Do we know when decisions are typically made?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah I remember them saying that. Someone posted on Friday with acceptance from a 10/6 interview so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I might hear by the end of this week for my 10/12 interview!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Did anyone else interview with Jill? I had my 10 min interview with her and I felt that I got grilled...she didn't seem to like me...
Ah dude Jill reminded me of my abnormal psych professor lolDid anyone else interview with Jill? I had my 10 min interview with her and I felt that I got grilled...she didn't seem to like me...
This school seems like a perfect fit, I'm really hoping they give me the chance to show that
Good luck to everyone! I choke up every time I see your acceptances! (Out of joy, not self-loathing)
Good luck to everyone! I choke up every time I see your acceptances! (Out of joy, not self-loathing)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's sweet of you , Good Luck to you too and I am sure you will have an acceptance soon !This school seems like a perfect fit, I'm really hoping they give me the chance to show that
Good luck to everyone! I choke up every time I see your acceptances! (Out of joy, not self-loathing)
anyone waitlisted last cycle get an interview invitation? they said they would guarantee ones for previously waitlisted applicants
anyone waitlisted last cycle get an interview invitation? they said they would guarantee ones for previously waitlisted applicants
Do you know why they waitlisted you last year?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should hear back this Friday...really anxious...
Should hear back this Friday...really anxious...
When did you interview? What makes you think this Friday??
When did you interview? What makes you think this Friday??
Whoops...I meant next Friday...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whoops...I meant next Friday...
Gotcha! I interviewed 10/12, hoping to hear this Friday but not sure!!
Gotcha! I interviewed 10/12, hoping to hear this Friday but not sure!!
Yeah I was looking at my calendar a week to far...I have one of those weekly ones not monthly ones...
Good luck! Their post interview acceptance rate is like 65 percent so get ready to move to Chicago!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotcha! I interviewed 10/12, hoping to hear this Friday but not sure!!
Wait...I though you hear back in 2 and a half weeks...did you not hear back last Friday?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait...I though you hear back in 2 and a half weeks...did you not hear back last Friday?
I didn't. At our interview date they said they do their very best to get back to us in 3-4 weeks.
I didn't. At our interview date they said they do their very best to get back to us in 3-4 weeks.
They said 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 weeks for us...dang it I hope that we don't have to wait any longer
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accepted just now! Interviewed 10/12. Thrilled!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the club!!!!Accepted just now! Interviewed 10/12. Thrilled!!!!!!!!
I emailed the admissions office. They said because of the high volume of applications they receive, they cannot accept updates.Is Rush responsive to pre-interview update letters?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woah... Interview Invite! Was not expecting this at all lol. Do you guys think it's worth the travel/expenses? I'm just starting to save back up after several other interviews and I am really fortunate to have gotten an acceptance at my first choice medical school: my state school at the University of Maryland. But I would love to visit Chicago and one of the doctors who I really admire does research at Rush and I'd love to meet him if possible
Woah... Interview Invite! Was not expecting this at all lol. Do you guys think it's worth the travel/expenses? I'm just starting to save back up after several other interviews and I am really fortunate to have gotten an acceptance at my first choice medical school: my state school at the University of Maryland. But I would love to visit Chicago and one of the doctors who I really admire does research at Rush and I'd love to meet him if possible
If you think you would like it and attend, go. If you know for a fact you wouldn't pick it over your state school, then save the money.
I was very impressed and as of now, plan to attend.
Yay interview invite, submitted my secondary on 10/18
Do you mind sharing your stats?? That's an incredible turn around, congrats!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
