2016-2017 Rush Medical College Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just received an "Application Status Update" email from Rush basically saying that the committee is still reviewing applications/deciding who to invite to interview/etc. Did they send this to everyone or does it mean I'm on hold or something?
Don't think this is a hold, more of a courtesy email.
Edit: included incorrect app status (confused with another school)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did not receive email, complete 7/12 and no interview yet, but fingers crossed! Love Rush and would love an II 😍
 
Got it too... thought it was a rejection at first. I read it as "we like you, but not enough for now, so just hang on and maybe we'll talk later.."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So we probably get decisions back on Monday. I'm flipping out. This is my top school and I loved it so much on interview day, but I'm trying not to completely get my hopes up because nothing's guaranteed even if an interview goes well.........
SAME! Fingers crossed for us both!
Also, do you know if Rush outright rejects after interviews or do those who aren't accepted automatically go onto the waitlist since the acceptance rate post-interview is so high? Trying to prepare myself for the possibilities but I would be really shocked if any of us who interviewed so early are rejected.
 
SAME! Fingers crossed for us both!
Also, do you know if Rush outright rejects after interviews or do those who aren't accepted automatically go onto the waitlist since the acceptance rate post-interview is so high? Trying to prepare myself for the possibilities but I would be really shocked if any of us who interviewed so early are rejected.
Right, I feel like acceptance or waitlist would be most likely, but again, anything's possible.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys are giving me a heart attack haha, I interviewed Mid-September but my portal doesn't show anything yet. Aghhh. Fingers crossed for Monday morning!
 
Can someone who has interviewed tell me if the 10-min, 40-min, or both interviews are open or closed file? Is the 10-min interview somewhat of a behavioral interview?

Both open file. The 10 minute seems to vary from interviewer to interviewer. Mine was just a conversation about myself and my experiences, without any real interview questions asked. However, another interviewee in my group said their 10 minute was just rapid fire questions, not behavioral though.

Both of my interviews were very low stress.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it just me or does the # of acceptance updates on SDN is a little low given the three interview dates eligible to hear back?
 
I was also 9/14!

Have you received an e-mail from Rush yet, or has all the information been coming via the application website? I was hoping they would be sent out first-thing in the morning, but it seems like they take their time according to last year's thread (3pm I think?). Thanks!
 
Interview is this Wednesday, flying in tomorrow afternoon, hotel is pretty close to Rush. Any interviewees interested in grabbing something to eat/drink tomorrow night?
 
Interview is this Wednesday, flying in tomorrow afternoon, hotel is pretty close to Rush. Any interviewees interested in grabbing something to eat/drink tomorrow night?

I'm interviewing this Wednesday too! I'm interested in checking out the area afterwards.