2016-2017 Rutgers University - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also interviewed mid october and am still waiting. don't worry they'll get back to us soon. i sent an update letter in so hopefully that helped a bit. The committee meets on Thursday so lets hope for the best this weekend :)
do you know if they have a regular meeting schedule or did you just know about that one day?

Members don't see this ad.

So is NJMS done giving out interviews? No instate love from them :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So is NJMS done giving out interviews? No instate love from them :(

They interview until March. My buddy got one in February last year and was still acceptance, just hold on.

Reactions: 1 users
I've been sending them to the NJMS admissions one and I get confirmations that they received it and it's been added to my file.

Has anyone else sent in an update to the njmsapplicant email? About how long did it take to get back to you?

I would send updates to Dean Heinrich directly. I have heard about a decent number of people being granted II's after pleading their cases to him.

Placed on high priority waitlist today. OOS, interviewed early December, LizzyM ~74. Glad to still be in the running, but not looking forward to the whole waitlist experience.

Congrats to all the recent acceptances in this thread! To those waitlisted, you're not alone.

seriously?

Yeah it worked for me. I emailed him directly and he asked for a copy of my transcript and MCAT score, and the next day I had a II. He really helps you out if you reach out to him directly.

Yeah it worked for me. I emailed him directly and he asked for a copy of my transcript and MCAT score, and the next day I had a II. He really helps you out if you reach out to him directly.

That's great! Do you mind me asking what your stats are like?

I would send updates to Dean Heinrich directly. I have heard about a decent number of people being granted II's after pleading their cases to him.

seriously?

I've only heard of this happening with GSBS students so far. Are there any cases of him responding to emails from the general applicant pool with interview invitations?

I've only heard of this happening with GSBS students so far. Are there any cases of him responding to emails from the general applicant pool with interview invitations?

My friend did this over the summer (non GSBS), got an early September interview and then got accepted on the 17th. He tries to look into anyone that reaches out.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend did this over the summer (non GSBS), got an early September interview and then got accepted on the 17th. He tries to look into anyone that reaches out.

I see. Hence my love for this school. They treat applicants like human beings.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone, I had a question about interview dates. I creeped through the previous posts. Are they giving interview till the end of February or till Mid March? I saw on their secondary it said mid march but on their email they said February. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Did anyone who interviewed on 11/28 hear anything yet?

Does anyone know if Rutgers NJMS is receptive to in the area interview request?

Still waiting on the call Interviewed 12/15 i wonder if anyone has received a call for that day or after :/

So if we interviewed 12/1 and haven't heard anything yet, does that mean we assume a snail mail/email rejection is en route or is there still hope?

So if we interviewed 12/1 and haven't heard anything yet, does that mean we assume a snail mail/email rejection is en route or is there still hope?

It all depends on when your interviewer submits their stuff I think. Two people who interview in the same day can have an interviewer submit weeks apart.

It all depends on when your interviewer submits their stuff I think. Two people who interview in the same day can have an interviewer submit weeks apart.
Oh ok cool thank you!!!

Yah, my student interviewer told me the same thing. It depends on how fast your faculty interviewer turns in their evaluation, and then it depends if they get to you during their committee meeting. They don't go through applicants in order and sometimes someone who interviewed in September had their discussion tabled until a later meeting and then in January the committee decides to re-look at the applicant and decide. There's no method to when NJMS releases decisions, just random for the most part.

Just got my priority wait list email. Interviewed the Monday after thanksgiving.

Not planning on sending an update - I think Cooper was a better fit for me. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
What does priority waitlist movement look like at NJMS? Anyone know how many get PW and how many get accepted off of it?

I interviewed same day and no email. should I take that as acceptance or rejection??

It's nothing man. They just haven't gotten to you in the ADCOM meeting. There have been people who waited for over 12 weeks for an acceptance, and just as long for a rejection. There's literally no rhyme or reason to how NJMS does there process.

alternate list :( interviewed 11/28, was my top choice

Hi everyone, I had a question about interview dates. I creeped through the previous posts. Are they giving interview till the end of February or till Mid March? I saw on their secondary it said mid march but on their email they said February. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

Called admissions a few days ago and they said mid-March! I was complete in September and no II yet. Still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed same day and no email. should I take that as acceptance or rejection??
I wouldn't take that as anything. My interviewer could have just submitted her materials more quickly than yours. Hang in there!

Anyone know anything about the priority waitlist vs the alternate list? I imagine it just means the priority list gets the first look when the summer rolls around.

Just got an II last night, complete sometime in mid July I think.
Stats are 3.85/513

Would be pretty cool to be able to go here, would give me the chance to live at home.

Also got an II here yesterday. LM 70. They're scheduling out to the end of February and as soon as next week, so there's still hope for those waiting!

Some updates from today's interview worth mentioning since the MSAR was not accurate for these:

1) The entire first two years are P/F. MSAR says only the first 6 months are, but that is incorrect. All of the preclinical curriculum is P/F
2) As of 2 weeks ago, NJMS no longer ranks their students

Last edited:
What's p/f?
Some updates from today's interview worth mentioning since the MSAR was not accurate for these:

1) The entire first two years are P/F. MSAR says only the first 6 months are, but that is incorrect. All of the preclinical curriculum is P/F
2) As of 2 weeks ago, NJMS no longer ranks their students

does anyone have any stats on what percentage of interviewees get an acceptance here?

does anyone have any stats on what percentage of interviewees get an acceptance here?

60% of those interviewed get accepted based on the US News Rankings. Based on this, I feel like the interview hold a lot of weight at NJMS.