2016-2017 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who interviewed 9/26 heard anything? They told us that we would hear something in 4-6 weeks which technically was over yesterday. I'm thinking of contacting the admissions office. Bad idea?
I have not heard back either and I interviewed 9/26. Hopefully before the end of next week. The portal says 6 to 8 weeks. So lets see what happens
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just to be clear, those that interviewed 9/30 already heard back? because i interviewed 9/26 and i've not heard back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just saw it too [emoji4] wait what does it mean by contingent with verified application data from AMCAS matching our records? Does that mean gpa or mcat or does it mean like the course work? Cause I'm a senior in college and took some courses different than what I put on my AMCAS am I good?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was the sweetest acceptance letter!!! They actually said what they liked about my application and called out specific things 😍. I don't think I can afford to go here without financial aid but still very sweet.
Congrats 🙂
 
Congrats!

Any suggestions for the Interview ?

Just the usual in most regards.

For the student interviewer, know your secondary application.

For the faculty, know your primary, secondary, and be able to say why you want to go to TCMC and NEPA for med school.

On the feedback I saw some people got asked about what issues they see facing the NEPA area. I wasn't asked that but have something ready.

Good luck! It's a really nice building. Check out Northern Light Cafe if you have some spare time and love comfy coffee shops 🙂.
 
Just the usual in most regards.

For the student interviewer, know your secondary application.

For the faculty, know your primary, secondary, and be able to say why you want to go to TCMC and NEPA for med school.

On the feedback I saw some people got asked about what issues they see facing the NEPA area. I wasn't asked that but have something ready.

Good luck! It's a really nice building. Check out Northern Light Cafe if you have some spare time and love comfy coffee shops 🙂.
Thanks much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!

Any suggestions for the Interview ?
Like others have said, the student one is super laid back and they tend to be more talkative/enthusiastic (obviously it depends on who you get) I personally had a faculty who was more reserved and harder to read. On top of that he had a very heavy accent and I had to ask him to repeat himself a couple of times. Just don't get phased if your in a similar situation where you're not getting feedback from a faculty. Its almost always their personal style/personality rather than something wrong with you.
Stay confident and be yourself!
 
Got a wet, soggy rejection letter post-interview today via snail mail. Interviewed 9/7. Not too bummed though. I didn't feel like I was a good fit for the school and besides, I can't see myself living in Scranton for 4 years after visiting the town. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!