2016-2017 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The last decisions were made 11/9 for deferral and 11/10 for acceptances. Tomorrow makes 1 month so I'm thinking this is the week! As you can tell I'm getting pretty anxious lol
 
The last decisions were made 11/9 for deferral and 11/10 for acceptances. Tomorrow makes 1 month so I'm thinking this is the week! As you can tell I'm getting pretty anxious lol
So am I!! I haven't seen/heard of any other acceptances/deferrals/rejections for people from 10/15 interview so I'm hoping we are all in the same boat (not that I'd want someone to stress out like me lmao)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a little hesitant to apply, as I am an out of stater (from the northeast) with a 501 MCAT
I feel I fit their mission and have many experiences as a student leader / working with the medically underserved.
any thoughts? I know they a holistic approach in their admissions process
 
I am a little hesitant to apply, as I am an out of stater (from the northeast) with a 501 MCAT
I feel I fit their mission and have many experiences as a student leader / working with the medically underserved.
any thoughts? I know they a holistic approach in their admissions process
You'll miss 100% the shots you don't take! However it is definitely late in the cycle and the official secondary application deadline for TCMC is 1/15, just things to keep in mind.
 
I am a little hesitant to apply, as I am an out of stater (from the northeast) with a 501 MCAT
I feel I fit their mission and have many experiences as a student leader / working with the medically underserved.
any thoughts? I know they a holistic approach in their admissions process
Go for it! You never know how life can surprise you and med school applications are like a lottery, if you don't apply there is 0% chance of getting in.
 
I am a little hesitant to apply, as I am an out of stater (from the northeast) with a 501 MCAT
I feel I fit their mission and have many experiences as a student leader / working with the medically underserved.
any thoughts? I know they a holistic approach in their admissions process
I have a 501, am OOS & still received an interview - you never know until you try!!
 
You'll miss 100% the shots you don't take! However it is definitely late in the cycle and the official secondary application deadline for TCMC is 1/15, just things to keep in mind.
Go for it! You never know how life can surprise you and med school applications are like a lottery, if you don't apply there is 0% chance of getting in.

I have a 501, am OOS & still received an interview - you never know until you try!!

Thank you everyone! but do you think its too late to apply? the deadline is in 2 days
 
Thank you everyone! but do you think its too late to apply? the deadline is in 2 days
Yes, it is possible that your application may be too late. Most people will tell you NOT to apply until after you've retaken the MCAT and can apply early.

I am a reapplicant but not to this school. There is a limit for some schools on the amount of times you can apply... look into that!

I personally would apply, but just know that if you are unsuccessful this cycle you will have to probably fill out an additional essay next year regarding changes to your app and why you think you are more competitive now. And be prepared to talk about it in some interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because this school is big on an applicant being a "good fit", what are the chances for out of state people being accepted? Do you need to have connections to PA, or specifically northeastern PA?