2016-2017 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else get an e-mail with a confirmation of acceptance form? There hasn't been a decision letter yet but there was an e-mail saying "If/when" the acceptance packet is received to e-mail the form to them.

Does this mean an acceptance is coming?

Members don't see this ad.

I should specify this isn't for me. I applied last year and got in elsewhere - my friend applied here and got this e-mail and asked me since I applied here last year, but I was wait listed so I never got this far. Thanks!

Did anyone else get an e-mail with a confirmation of acceptance form? There hasn't been a decision letter yet but there was an e-mail saying "If/when" the acceptance packet is received to e-mail the form to them.

Does this mean an acceptance is coming?

This.
I literally just came to this page and made this account because I had this same question. My letter was mailed on 1/20 and I haven't received it yet, but I got an e-mail from Diane saying that something was missing from my acceptance packet. The confirmation form had dates for orientation and white coat and asked me to confirm my acceptance...Seems like an acceptance to me, but I'm not going to celebrate until I get a legit letter that says "yep, this is for real."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long after the interview does it take to get the decision?
It varies. They usually meet that Friday and mail out decisions the following Friday.

I interviewed 1/9, they met on Friday the 13th and postmarked my decision on 1/20.
Over a week later and I still haven't received the letter, but that's on USPS...I'm only in Nashville so I don't know what the hold-up is.

Sorry if I sound dense - but is there a specific place where students tend to get apartments? or like that are more student friendly.
Many students at UTHSC (med, dental, PT, OT, etc) tend to live on Mud Island! It's pretty safe there, but traffic can be rough during rush hour times. There is also a lot of students that live closer to the South Main area of downtown!

I interviewed 1/17 and I have not yet. Expecting the email about the survey today.

Reactions: 1 users
Do they normally send the surveys at the end of the business day?

Has anyone expecting a survey today gotten it yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Survey email just received!

Ugh.. I interviewed 1/11 and didn't get a survey.

Accepted!
My friend also got his acceptance shortly after I posted here for him.
I don't know if they usually leave the confirmation form out or if it was just that one cycle you were both in.
Congrats!!!

What does on hold mean, if you don't mind me asking? Did it come as a letter or an email?

I got mine by email because I was waiting on placing a deposit that was due recently. It basically means they have not made a final decision.

I got mine by email because I was waiting on placing a deposit that was due recently. It basically means they have not made a final decision.

I thought they only gave decisions by mail? D:

Do we pay our $75 application fee on Banner once we get our NetID or are they expecting it sooner than that?

Last edited:
holy hell this school is so slow
Depends on how you quantify "slow"... I was very impressed when I heard on interview day that they review all the interviewees each Friday of the same week and send out letters the following week. On the other hand, I've interviewed at places where it has taken at least 2 months for them to even schedule an admissions committee review for admissions decisions.

Depends on how you quantify "slow"... I was very impressed when I heard on interview day that they review all the interviewees each Friday of the same week and send out letters the following week. On the other hand, I've interviewed at places where it has taken at least 2 months for them to even schedule an admissions committee review for admissions decisions.

I've had really bad luck with this! Been waiting three weeks now.. they ended up not meeting one week, and then they didn't review my app last week

Edit: The two months seems kinda extreme though..

Last edited:
I've had really bad luck with this! Been waiting three weeks now.. they ended up not meeting one week, and then they didn't review my app last week

Edit: The two months seems kinda extreme though..
LOL I interviewed somewhere in September and will likely hear March

I just got my survey in the mail, but nothing else. Did this happen to anyone else?

Class of 2021! :soexcited:

Reactions: 2 users
Also, if you were accepted, what were your stats?

How often do people get moved out of the on hold category?

They could offer you an acceptance, deny, or a spot on the alternate list. Last year I was put on the alternate list after being on the hold list. They take 40-50 usually off of the alternate list. Once you are put on the alternate I suggest calling Dean Strother to find out your position on the list.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, if you were accepted, what were your stats?

LizzyM 65, IS. Stats are low but I'm non-trad - I have ~1000 hours volunteering/shadowing, clinical employment, research, and graduate degrees.

Last edited:
So I had just told my girlfriend that I highly doubted I would get an interview here this year, and literally 30 minutes later I got an email for an II, so I'm pretty excited for another opportunity. Anybody have any input on re-applicant interviews?

So I had just told my girlfriend that I highly doubted I would get an interview here this year, and literally 30 minutes later I got an email for an II, so I'm pretty excited for another opportunity. Anybody have any input on re-applicant interviews?

I had a re-applicant interview this year as well. Pretty similar to the ones you had last year, but you only have one. I would just be yourself. Let them get to know what makes you special, why you love medicine, and make sure to focus on how you've improved since last time! Good luck

Those who just got interviews here, when did yall complete your secondary? Thanks!