2016-2017 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
acceptance letter came in the mail today :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what if I Only got the survey!!! Nothing else

That means that either they didn't get to your candidacy in the meeting or your interviewers had to miss the meeting. It's most likely the first. Did you interview later in October?

what if I Only got the survey!!! Nothing else

It doesn't mean anything. The survey is notification that they have made a decision and it is in the mail. You'll probably receive the decision tomorrow. They don't always come together.

Reactions: 1 user
I received my acceptance today! Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! :) Good luck to everyone else, and I'll see some of yall in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
if we get an interview in the new year does that bode poorly for us?

any other border OOS waiting for an interview after secondary completion

OOS waiting since beginning of October. o_O Complete 10/7 I think

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! I've just gotta keep reminding myself that it's a slow process. I have multiple friends who go here currently that didn't hear back until January-February.
Going by their website which shows all the available interview dates coupled with the fact that UT is notorious for giving very short notice for II, I would presume that less than 33% of all interviews have been granted. If you've got the secondary, your II is coming. I just have to keep telling myself that!

Going by their website which shows all the available interview dates coupled with the fact that UT is notorious for giving very short notice for II, I would presume that less than 33% of all interviews have been granted. If you've got the secondary, your II is coming. I just have to keep telling myself that!

Yeah they interview much later than most schools - for example I heard that Wake Forest had given out 75% of their interviews at the beginning of this month.

Did anyone receive their netiD yet?
Nope! The "Admitted Students" link on the website says it should arrive within two weeks of the acceptance packet; it's been almost two weeks for me but no NetID yet.

From my experience (3rd year applying to memphis) they seem to wait list most who interview in the spring. However, friends who are current classmates say they know several who were pulled off the wait list. I even had a friend who interviewed the next to last day and was accepted, even though I'm sure that's an anomaly lol

From my experience (3rd year applying to memphis) they seem to wait list most who interview in the spring. However, friends who are current classmates say they know several who were pulled off the wait list. I even had a friend who interviewed the next to last day and was accepted, even though I'm sure that's an anomaly lol
Congrats. Did you call them or send in updates?

If I ever had any updates I always would just email Nelson Strother and let him know

Thank you .Really hope to get an II from here sooner if that means a better chance - or just whenever I have a good chance of being accepted

Is it kinda safe to assume that if I don't have an II now, I'm not getting one before January? How late do they offer II's in December?

Is it kinda safe to assume that if I don't have an II now, I'm not getting one before January? How late do they offer II's in December?
I think the last day is the 14th for the semester

@ those admitted: Once we get our NetIDs, we don't have to log in, finalize our acceptance, and pay the $75 fee unless we actually decide to matriculate at UTHSC, correct? Or am I understanding this process wrong?

@ those admitted: Once we get our NetIDs, we don't have to log in, finalize our acceptance, and pay the $75 fee unless we actually decide to matriculate at UTHSC, correct? Or am I understanding this process wrong?

I'm pretty sure you're correct.

Is there a fb page? Also has anyone received their net id?

I haven't received mine yet. When did you get your acceptance letter?

Is there a fb page? Also has anyone received their net id?
I know most UTHSC classes have a facebook group to keep everyone on the same page and share documents. From my brief search I could not find a group for the class of 2021. Does anyone want to make one?
Also, I received my acceptance letter Nov 28th, no Net ID yet.

Also, I received my acceptance letter Nov 28th, no Net ID yet.

+1, also received my letter Nov. 28th. No communication from UTHSC other than the "Confirmation of Acceptance Packet Form Received" email.

Do you mind if I ask how your interviews went?
Honestly, I expected a WL/hold after my interviews. They didn't go as well as all my previous ones, and they were a lot less conversational. Both of my interviewers pretty much went down a list of questions about me then quizzed me on a few of my EC's on my app.
I did read in last year's thread that they give out holds before the holidays if they don't get through everyone by the break. Does anyone else know about this?

@wanderingorion I would contact Dean Strother by email and try to set up phone call with him. I did this last cycle (denied then, accepted this year) and ask him if there is anything you can be doing to improve your application. He was incredibly helpful and honest, plus I think calling shows real interest in the school.

I didn't have anything to update last year, but I think I remember him saying that they are receptive to updates as well.

Are there many others that have multiple other II's and have been complete with the secondary here for a long time now but have yet to get an official II at this point from UT? I'm honestly puzzled because I have 3 II's, all of which to OOS public schools and am yet to hear from UT regarding an actual interview invite and not just the secondary. Anybody else in this boat?

Are there many others that have multiple other II's and have been complete with the secondary here for a long time now but have yet to get an official II at this point from UT? I'm honestly puzzled because I have 3 II's, all of which to OOS public schools and am yet to hear from UT regarding an actual interview invite and not just the secondary. Anybody else in this boat?
The majority of the people on this thread are with you.