2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys! Just got accepted! I'm a re applicant and this is my first acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After waiting 16 weeks and seeing no change in my portal I emailed admissions, and was pooled next day.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh dang, just realized I got pooled after only about four weeks. I submitted so crazy late here I assumed I was totally screwed and wouldn't even be looked at for months.

Huh, I still haven't gotten pooled after a couple months. What does it say in the portal once that happens?

Huh, I still haven't gotten pooled after a couple months. What does it say in the portal once that happens?

Dear cutes:

Your file is complete and has been preliminarily reviewed. You are within a pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended. Please note that this does not guarantee you will be offered an interview and you may not see an update to your status for several months.

Interviews are scheduled between late August and mid-March. You will be notified via email if you have been selected to interview.

We appreciate your interest in the University of Vermont and your patience with the admissions process.

Related Links & Kinks:

Dear cutes:

Your file is complete and has been preliminarily reviewed. You are within a pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended. Please note that this does not guarantee you will be offered an interview and you may not see an update to your status for several months.

Interviews are scheduled between late August and mid-March. You will be notified via email if you have been selected to interview.

We appreciate your interest in the University of Vermont and your patience with the admissions process.

Related Links & Kinks:
That pool has got to be like 10% band-aids by now.

Reactions: 3 users
That pool has got to be like 10% band-aids by now.

oo0Ooh! wow! much like me, the pool needs to be cleaned ;) wow! freak7 stop you're so playful !!

anyway, yeah, that's what the portal says.

I feel like we're all starting to lose our minds.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For any current med students, do you know when UVM starts to accept those off the waitlist? Asking for a friend who was WLed back in Nov

I feel like we're all starting to lose our minds.

I lost my mind ages ago in this process tbh

Am I correct in thinking that people who are pooled and then get IIs hear back about a month after getting pooled? That's the trend I seem to be seeing in this thread...

I lost my mind ages ago in this process tbh

Am I correct in thinking that people who are pooled and then get IIs hear back about a month after getting pooled? That's the trend I seem to be seeing in this thread...
I got pooled in early August. I got my II on 10/27 for 1/18/17. OOS. LizzyM 69-70 with an SMP.

I got pooled in early August. I got my II on 10/27 for 1/18/17. OOS. LizzyM 69-70 with an SMP.

Goodness.... An October II for Mid-January? I'm guessing they're not going to send out much more, if any, IIs at this point :yeahright:....

Instead of being in the "small" pool, it's more like Deadpool ;) which one of us gonna get out of the pool via rejection? Sorry the inner comic geek in me could not be contained :shy:

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted as of 5 days ago!!! Interviewed 10/15. The University of Vermont is absolutely a gorgeous campus, and the medical center looks more of a 5 star hotel than a hospital. First time applicant from CA

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted as of 5 days ago!!! Interviewed 10/15. The University of Vermont is absolutely a gorgeous campus, and the medical center looks more of a 5 star hotel than a hospital. First time applicant from CA
Don't forget the rocking horse topiary

Goodness.... An October II for Mid-January? I'm guessing they're not going to send out much more, if any, IIs at this point :yeahright:....

Instead of being in the "small" pool, it's more like Deadpool ;) which one of us gonna get out of the pool via rejection? Sorry the inner comic geek in me could not be contained :shy:

I don't know if they've changed the timing but I got an II at the end of January for an end of February interview. For various reasons, I didn't have my secondaries done until mid October. The wait's infuriating, but don't lose hope. A number of people from my interview day (which was the last one for that cycle) got accepted, most off the wait list.

Reactions: 4 users
So they just gave me a huge scholarship..to see if it's worth it..do u know if I can be in-state for the last 3 years as oos student

So they just gave me a huge scholarship..to see if it's worth it..do u know if I can be in-state for the last 3 years as oos student

MSAR says students cannot become state residents after matriculation. Probably still worth asking (given the drop-off would be roughly $24,500/yr.).

I suppose if I've been accepted for a while that I probably didn't receive one D:
Maybe... could pop up later, who knows.

They say 10-15% of admitted people recieve the scholarship, and awards range from 5k to 25k.
If you missed this scholarship, plenty of others that you can apply for (and financial aid).

I can tell you that some folks have gotten the big scholarships, but they wouldn't be condidered superstars by SDN standards. While some folks have gotten it, and they would be considered super stars (like the folks reported in this thread). There's some holistic-based review involved in this process is my guess.

Any guess on how likely it is to get an II from the pool?

Does anyone know if the school provides MS1's with medical instruments - stethoscope, sphygmomanometer, reflex hammer, etc?

Does anyone know if the school provides MS1's with medical instruments - stethoscope, sphygmomanometer, reflex hammer, etc?
We got a stethoscope, BP cuff, and oto-laryngoscope. The campus store has relatively cheap reflex hammers and tuning forks, but for the actual interaction with standardized patients (at least first year) they supply them. You can bring your own, but they always supply what you will need for exams.

Had no update on my status since I submitted my secondary back in July, so I sent an email last week. Checked my portal today and am rejected. This was my #1 or 2 school and the rejection that's hurt the most. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Had no update on my status since I submitted my secondary back in July, so I sent an email last week. Checked my portal today and am rejected. This was my #1 or 2 school and the rejection that's hurt the most. Congrats to everyone accepted!

Were you ever placed in the "pool"?

Were you ever placed in the "pool"?

Not that I'm aware. I emailed last Thursday, got a reply basically saying to be patient on Tuesday, then checked my portal today and saw the rejection.

Not that I'm aware. I emailed last Thursday, got a reply basically saying to be patient on Tuesday, then checked my portal today and saw the rejection.
OOF savage

Note to self, do not email admissions. Wow that's harsh. Sorry that happened to you!

No email?

FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!!!!

Reactions: 19 users

Have a good holiday . You deserve some rest after all of this. Rejection from one of your favorite schools is never easy, especially so close to the holidays. May the new year bring good tidings to you.

FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE!!!!

Merry early Christmas! Date interviewed?

Accepted today from the 11/5 interview group!

Reactions: 14 users
OH MAN it was so good.

For breakfast there was quiche, sausage/veggie sausage, fruit, yogurt (maybe, can't remember), a couple different types of breakfast pastries, coffee, water, juice. Pretty good stuff.

They encouraged everyone to take some packaged snacks/protein bars for gamefuel for the day IIRC.

Lunch was Korean BBQ street taco bar. Lots of extras and sauces too. Everything was just so delicious.

I am not going to lie, I love when you guys interview so I can come and steal some leftovers ❤

For any current med students, do you know when UVM starts to accept those off the waitlist? Asking for a friend who was WLed back in Nov

I think they regularly review everyone that is on te waitlist. The waitlist is not ranked. I think the biggest movement comes in April after the magic date ( which I can't remember) when students with multiple acceptances have to select one.

Note to self, do not email admissions. Wow that's harsh. Sorry that happened to you!

That's not true. This is probably the best admissions office I ever interacted with when I was applying. I called and emailed them so many times, sometimes with some pretty "dumb" questions... I'm slightly confused with the comments I've been reading lately, now that I know them personally, I can vouch for how nice they truly are!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know if you get some kind of confirmation when your deposit arrives in the mail? I guess pre-med worries never fade lol....

Do you guys know if you get some kind of confirmation when your deposit arrives in the mail? I guess pre-med worries never fade lol....

Yes!! I got an email saying DEPOSIT RECEIVED~ 3 days after mailing it.

Reactions: 2 users