2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
...or look at your checking/atm account for the transaction? #commonsense

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Placed in the pool whats the likelihood I get an interview?

So they just gave me a huge scholarship..to see if it's worth it..do u know if I can be in-state for the last 3 years as oos student
Did you have to do anything to qualify for the scholarship? Or did they just do it?

Also, don't count on becoming an in-stater post-matriculation (or really even post-application) --they're pretty hard on that.

Did you have to do anything to qualify for the scholarship? Or did they just do it?

Also, don't count on becoming an in-stater post-matriculation (or really even post-application) --they're pretty hard on that.
Nope haven't had to do anything for the scholarship. And yeah I figured it was too good to be true to be instate too

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing thats a good thing hah idk how their pool works

Definitely better than not be considered at all

Where did you get this number?

You can determine that from the MSAR, Startclass and other data bases. Schools don't really change their class sizes/acceptance offers/interview invites that much over the years. At my interview at the university of wisconsin, they talked about how last year people over-accepted the predicted offers and didn't have room for them in the class. UWisc had to offer scholarships or a free mph in order to encourage students to defer and enter in 2017. Historically, UVM interviews around 9-12% of its total applicants, which are slightly less than 6000. So now that PossibleDOC is in a smaller pool, he has greater than a 9% chance of being invited.

look @ the msar, OP was being funny/serious at the same time
LOL someone appreciates my humor

Reactions: 2 users
Second look meaning when they look at that small pool?

Does anyone know if there is a dress code for the first 2 years? business casual/scrubs?

Does anyone know if there is a dress code for the first 2 years? business casual/scrubs?

There is no dress code for lectures or other typical daily activities except for anything with patient interactions (standardized or "real"), then students are required to wear business casual. We don't really ever wear scrubs first or second year.

is there a way to submit an application update (fall grades)? I just see them saying you can submit a letter of interest.

is there a way to submit an application update (fall grades)? I just see them saying you can submit a letter of interest.
I saw that, too, so I emailed them to ask. They said updates are fine! I've since sent one.

Happy holidays everyone! Have really appreciated this thread over the past few months and hope to see you all next year :)

Reactions: 9 users
We don't have a dress code unless we have doctoring skills, in which case is business casual ( dress as if you are seeing a patient) or during anatomy ( scrubs). But don't be crazy when coming to class, it's medical school afterwards

I'm an OOS applicant interviewing in January (1/18). I'm really excited to be interviewing here! I recently accepted a PCA position at the hospital where I work as a transporter. I will be working nights in a cardiac intensive care unit as a PCA starting 1/22/17. Is this something I should put in an update. I already updated the adcom once in late october. I feel this adds something considerable to my application. By the time I matriculate I will have 6 mos additional full-time experience as a PCT (which I think will be better than continuing to work as transporter). Is this significant enough for a short update before my file goes to committee?

I'm an OOS applicant interviewing in January (1/18). I'm really excited to be interviewing here! I recently accepted a PCA position at the hospital where I work as a transporter. I will be working nights in a cardiac intensive care unit as a PCA starting 1/22/17. Is this something I should put in an update. I already updated the adcom once in late october. I feel this adds something considerable to my application. By the time I matriculate I will have 6 mos additional full-time experience as a PCT (which I think will be better than continuing to work as transporter). Is this significant enough for a short update before my file goes to committee?

I would discuss it in your interview rather than sending in another letter!

The interview is MMI so significant updates should be sent in prior. There really isn't any time during the interview day where you can talk about your updates.

+1
I sent a significant update letter prior to my interview date.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The interview is MMI so significant updates should be sent in prior. There really isn't any time during the interview day where you can talk about your updates.
Ahh gotcha. MAkes sense!

Also- is anyone else getting an error message on the applicant portal?

Has anyone recently gotten an II? Seems like there has not been any recent mention of them on here. Still hanging in the small pool.

Has anyone recently gotten an II? Seems like there has not been any recent mention of them on here. Still hanging in the small pool.
I am too. It isn't really a small pool. It was a large pool, although now probably a small pool of people that haven't received anything...

Things ain't looking too hot here... Last II posted in the previous cycle was in January :(. Their interview season is rather short, but I guess we can only be optimistic until they reject us. Keep paddling!

On the portal it says interviews are scheduled between August and mid March so that's giving me a little hope

On the portal it says interviews are scheduled between August and mid March so that's giving me a little hope

People who interviewed last cycle said the last interview was in late February. They were told on interview day and some people called admissions office to confirm that they were indeed not handing out anymore IIs. January/early February seems to be the home stretch for IIs.

Things ain't looking too hot here... Last II posted in the previous cycle was in January :(. Their interview season is rather short, but I guess we can only be optimistic until they reject us. Keep paddling!

Ah, ya I guess I was just surprised that there hasn't been any mention of IIs on this SDN forum in quite some time. Though, I get it that we SDN users are not indicative of the total applicant pool. Here's to hoping we hear some good news in the home stretch.

II!!!!!! Didn't think I had a shot. So happy for this opportunity!

Reactions: 8 users
II this morning as well for February! I will be declining it, so I hope it will go to one of you guys!

Reactions: 3 users