2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How are the interviews scheduled? Like, are they at the end of the day following tours, lunch, etc., at the beginning of the day, etc.?

I got mostly conversational questions about things I had written for ECs and then some overarching questions about medicine that I touched upon in my statement

I interviewed in afternoon, so we started around 10 or 10:30 and went to some presentations about the school, financial aid presentation, presentation with Dean, lunch and then half of the PM group had interviews while other half toured and then vice versa, ended around 4 I think

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current med students or recent interviewers remind me if gross anatomy at WFSM is dissection or prosection? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current med students or recent interviewers remind me if gross anatomy at WFSM is dissection or prosection? Thanks!

It's been awhile since I interviewed/toured, and we weren't allowed to see the anatomy lab so it's not cemented in my memory. Pretty sure it is dissection.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Where/who do waitlisted students send their letters of intent?

It's mostly dissection. The only prosecution parts are for the more difficult ones... digging through excessive fat, bones etc.

Can any current students or anyone who has interviewed recently comment on the daily class schedule (i.e. 8-2 or 8-5)? I asked at my interview but I can't remember
:/

2nd waitlist this week. :/ I REALLY loved this school, so I will be sending a letter of interest after I go get lunch.

Just got the rejection email. After graduating from Wake I was really hoping to go back there :/

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! First interview and first acceptance and I couldn't be more excited, happy and grateful! Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Reactions: 8 users
Rejected pre-II. Complete mid-August. Figured since I hadn't heard anything by now that it was a rejection, but wanted to post for those who are still waiting! Good luck everyone.

Waitlisted. Interviewed 1/19, sent a LOI immediately after getting the decision letter. My only interview so far, and at this point it looks likely to be the only I will get this cycle. Ashley in the admissions office said that movement generally starts to happen in May. In a previous year's thread, a few people on SDN heard in April that they were accepted from the wait list, but things certainly may have changed since then. I will contact them again when it's closer and try to fish for some idea of wait list position.

Can someone remind me what Wake's grading system is? Is it P/F? Thanks!

Accepted yesterday!! So grateful and excited to start. Best of luck to everyone else :)

Accepted on Thursday!!! Super excited and thankful to be given this opportunity!

Reactions: 4 users
To anyone who has signed up for Second Look Weekend, did you get an email saying you were "signed-up/registered" after completing the online form? Thanks!

To anyone who has signed up for Second Look Weekend, did you get an email saying you were "signed-up/registered" after completing the online form? Thanks!
I did not, I think they just add you to the list and you're good to go! excited to meet you and all of you that are going!:soexcited:

withdrew my acceptance today- hope it (immediately) goes to one of y'all! good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Any one on the waitlist heard anything? Or have an idea of when we should expect to hear something?

Have any of the accepted applicants received information about mailing in transcripts? I can't find any requests for my official transcripts in any of the information I received, but I imagine I should go ahead and send them.

I just emailed the admissions office about this, as well as immunization requirements, etc. They indicated that more information/instructions would be going out to accepted student in early April.

I just emailed the admissions office about this, as well as immunization requirements, etc. They indicated that more information/instructions would be going out to accepted student in early April.
Thanks for your reply! I may email admissions as well. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't let something slip through the cracks.

Have any of the accepted applicants received information about mailing in transcripts? I can't find any requests for my official transcripts in any of the information I received, but I imagine I should go ahead and send them.

I didn't know we had to send official transcripts...is this standard for every school? ah! I feel out of the loop!!!!

I didn't know we had to send official transcripts...is this standard for every school? ah! I feel out of the loop!!!!
Honestly, I am not sure! I have been accepted at one other school and they requested my transcripts, so I thought it was standard. I will follow up with admissions and let everyone know what I find out. No worries!

Honestly, I am not sure! I have been accepted at one other school and they requested my transcripts, so I thought it was standard. I will follow up with admissions and let everyone know what I find out. No worries!
ok that would be great! thanks runner!:thumbup:

Just called admissions to see how many people on the waitlist and they wouldnt say...gahhh. She did mention that the class is full as of now, but they expect a lot of movement after the April 30th acceptance deadline.

Reactions: 3 users
Just called admissions to see how many people on the waitlist and they wouldnt say...gahhh. She did mention that the class is full as of now, but they expect a lot of movement after the April 30th acceptance deadline.

In last year's thread, I believe the first big batch of waitlist acceptances happened on May 19th.

Anyone receive their financial aid package yet?

Anyone receive their financial aid package yet?
Not yet. They were released last year on April 8th, so I'm guessing we'll receive them around the second week of April.

Does anyone who is going to Second Look know what sort of attire is expected? I'm assuming business casual but I just wanted to double check.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi there - wait listed several months ago - trying to figure out my chances. Does anyone know how many students wfsom usually accepts out right per seat? Also, the waitlist letter said 30% of the incoming class is students who were on the waitlist, but does anyone know what percent of students on the waitlist are ultimately accepted?

Does anyone who is going to Second Look know what sort of attire is expected? I'm assuming business casual but I just wanted to double check.

I will be in business casual for both the Friday dinner and the Saturday presentations. I'd rather be overdressed than underdressed!

Reactions: 1 users
I see that the first year budget is based off of 10 months...does anyone know if the university health insurance covers the 9 weeks of break? Or do we need our own coverage for that?