2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, thank you to @Pathdocmd for helping to answer all of our questions here, really appreciate it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone waiting on hearing back for interview invites, confirmation for updates, etc I think the office is running a bit behind on things because of the snow storm. I called earlier today and they said a lot of administration were off Friday and today.

For the $100 deposit just send it to

Office of MD Student Admissions

Wake Forest School of Medicine

PO Box 573183

Winston Salem, NC 27157

Within 10 business days
 
So if we haven't been rejected but haven't heard anything about an II, what does that mean? All the applications have been reviewed at this point, right?
 
For anyone waiting on hearing back for interview invites, confirmation for updates, etc I think the office is running a bit behind on things because of the snow storm. I called earlier today and they said a lot of administration were off Friday and today.

For the $100 deposit just send it to

Office of MD Student Admissions

Wake Forest School of Medicine

PO Box 573183

Winston Salem, NC 27157

Within 10 business days

I was about to call as well. Who should I make the check out to?
 
So what's interview day like? Also do I have a good chance of staying with a med student? Interviewing in about 3 weeks or so.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
So what's interview day like? Also do I have a good chance of staying with a med student? Interviewing in about 3 weeks or so.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's very relaxed. There are three one on one interviews that last 20 minutes on the dot. They give an extremely detailed presentation on financial aid and whatnot since it's so expensive. They do to typical tour like every other school and provide lunch. I don't know anything about staying with a student because they were all on break the day I interviewed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when they're releasing their decisions about waitlisted people? Is it rolling as well? :s
They don't move people off the wait list until may. They wait to see how the class shapes up following the April 30th deadline then pull people off to fill the class sometime mid May.
 
I am awaiting anxiously to hear my fate today.....any idea when I might get the email? MCAT: 512, GPA: 3.88
 
I am awaiting anxiously to hear my fate today.....any idea when I might get the email? MCAT: 512, GPA: 3.88
My email came shortly after noon (for a different month's decisions). On interview day I remember the coordinator saying something that she likes to get them out by 5pm EST on Thursday (if not earlier) but that once in a while if she's really busy, it may be later than that...even as late as Friday.
 
Well I have 2 years worth of research. Wholesome shadowing experience. And a consistent volunteer record. I ultimately got rejected......so. Potentially an interview problem given the finality of their decision and my academics.
If you don't mind, what are your ec's or other stats. Thanks very much
I did apply at 19 so that might have been an issue as far as perceived maturity.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got an II. 🙂

Does this school ask crazy ethical scenario type questions, or do they ask pretty standard, "Tell me about yourself and why you're attracted to this school," type questions?
 
How are the interviews scheduled? Like, are they at the end of the day following tours, lunch, etc., at the beginning of the day, etc.?
 
I just got an II. 🙂

Does this school ask crazy ethical scenario type questions, or do they ask pretty standard, "Tell me about yourself and why you're attracted to this school," type questions?
I mainly got the conversational ones...result? Wasn't accepted :beaver: My friend who is shy had hard ethical ones and wasn't able to answer a couple. Result? Accepted.
 
I mainly got the conversational ones...result? Wasn't accepted :beaver: My friend who is shy had hard ethical ones and wasn't able to answer a couple. Result? Accepted.

ImageUploadedBySDN1486264905.995581.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile