2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected as well

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting Tuft flashbacks. Rejected OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
Joining the rejection train! No hard feelings, good luck to everyone interviewing!

Reactions: 1 users
I like to imagine that's there a cheesy VHS from the 80s called "Writing Nice Rejection Letters," and admission pops it in during rejection letter periods.

"Step 1 to writing a nice rejection letter. Start with a template. Make it short but concise. Make sure you communicate the response in the first lines.

Step 2. Remember to be encouraging and insightful. Take Bryan for instance. YOU ARE THE WORST APPLICANT EVER. No, no, no. Don't be like Bryan."

Anyway, complete mid-August. OOS LizzyM 71. Pre-II rejection. :)

I keep surviving schools' first rounds of rejections which gives me a glimmer of hope for II, but then either I get continued silence or cut in the second round. Still alive here so far... :whistle:

ImageUploadedBySDN1481744435.941311.jpg

The great purge has commenced

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Rejected, OOS, pre-II, complete mid-august. I had just emailed them to withdraw my application so you could say the break-up was mutual lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected as well. Read the email in between interviews at another school lol. Great for motivation, terrible for confidence.

Pre-II rejection this morning after being under review 9/9.

Rejected.... shocking!! Kinda sad because I really thought I would be a good fit for this one. Good luck to those still in the running!!

So now that the smoke has cleared after this mass rejection, anyone know when to expect any more mass updates for those still left in the running?

So now that the smoke has cleared after this mass rejection, anyone know when to expect any more mass updates for those still left in the running?
Here here still hoping but someone said on here most have gone out :( so I guess only a matter of time before we get the axe

My status reads

Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.

Does that just mean they havent got to my app yet?

My status reads

Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview.

Does that just mean they havent got to my app yet?
That's what everyone else who wasn't rejected reads so I think that's what it means

Accepted!! I'm a reapplicant, so my level of stoke is very high.

Sending good vibes to all of y'all still waiting to hear from Wake or other schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Hey! Wake just sent me an email regarding first look and FB link for Class of 2021...the link does not work for me! Is anyone else encountering this problem? Thanks in advance :)

Hey! Wake just sent me an email regarding first look and FB link for Class of 2021...the link does not work for me! Is anyone else encountering this problem? Thanks in advance :)

Link doesn't work for me either

Hopefully they don't rescind my acceptance because of impatience

Updated: They will notify the students in charge of the page.
haha they won't rescind your acceptance! ...what if they did? I would feel awful lol. I got the new link emailed to me and I joined the group :}

I feel like emailing back letting them know but I don't want to be annoying. I'll prob do it later, knowing me lol
haha they won't rescind your acceptance! ...what if they did? I would feel awful lol. I got the new link emailed to me and I joined the group :}
It takes a lot more than being annoying to to get your acceptance rescinded. Besides, we are here to answer questions!

It takes a lot more than being annoying to to get your acceptance rescinded. Besides, we are here to answer questions!
haha yes, that is a great thing. And thank you so much! We appreciate it :D

Does anyone know if Wake is receptive to letters of interest? I've been complete for quite some time and honestly Wake is one of my top choices; I would love the opportunity to interview here. I'm planning on sending an LOI on Jan. 3 when the holidays are over.

Does anyone know if Wake is receptive to letters of interest? I've been complete for quite some time and honestly Wake is one of my top choices; I would love the opportunity to interview here. I'm planning on sending an LOI on Jan. 3 when the holidays are over.
I was told that pre interview or pre decision letters of intent are normally not the best way to go. Usually you wait till after you get waitlisted

I would definitely send an update letter as soon as possible...let Wake know what you have been up to since submitting your secondary - new things and continued activities - and that you would love the opportunity to interview. From my experience, they are receptive to letters of interest.

Is anyone else waiting anxiously for the January 4th admissions meeting and decisions? :( :( :(

Do they also decide who to send II to at this meeting tomorrow?

Have other people heard absolutely nothing from Wake? Wake Forest graduate with solid scores/GPA and strong ties to Winston and Baptist Hospital. Anybody think they are super behind?

Maybe decisions will be released today instead... :shrug:

The COA meets on Wednesday evenings and the decisions are usually released the next day.
Thank you so much! They had told us Jan 4th originally, so there was some email stalking yesterday. :) I appreciate you clarifying!

Is it too much to ask about what time emails are usually released?