2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview Invite this morning. BU is one of my dream schools!
DId you receive the email about BU taking addition time to evaluate your application?

Members don't see this ad.

DId you receive the email about BU taking addition time to evaluate your application?
Yeah. I got that email on Wednesday last week. Almost certain that it was some sort of omen.

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently interviewed here. As for major updates, should I send them BEFORE or AFTER (in the event of a waitlist) decisions are released in late-January?

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected pre-II. OOS, Lizzy M 73.

Does anyone else remember them saying their first batch of decisions will go out the first Friday in January or am I making that up?

Does anyone else remember them saying their first batch of decisions will go out the first Friday in January or am I making that up?
I can't remember exactly because it was two months ago, but hopefully this helps--it's from their follow-up e-mail:
"In mid-January we will send a status update email to each individual who has interviewed prior to that time, accepting a small number of candidates, declining some, and deferring a final decision on some."

Mid-january per the email but with how late so many schools have been I'm not too confident we'll hear then.

Yeah. I got that email on Wednesday last week. Almost certain that it was some sort of omen.
II this afternoon, OOS, complete end of July. I also got the email about things being delayed this season. Dates offered were mid-Jan.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello, does anyone know when the committee meets for January decisions? I want to know by which date to send in an update.

They told us to send one in November when I interviewed in September so I would submit ASAP
Is it advisable to send an update if not much has changed? ie just been working and volunteering as usual? I interviewed in October, by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 Rejected, complete late July. Had received the "additional time" email two weeks ago

not sure as i don't go to BU haha but I was in a similar situation and I chose to send an update to show them I'm still interested...no idea what will be the outcome

Does anyone know if it can just be an update...? Do they need another LOR? The email specifically mentioned a LOR, but are people just sending traditional updates?

Does anyone know if it can just be an update...? Do they need another LOR? The email specifically mentioned a LOR, but are people just sending traditional updates?
which e-mail are you talking about?

edit: nevermind, I read it and they said if the activity is new then they would like an LOR.

Rejected yesterday post-secondary. Complete middle of October, LM 75.

Are you all sending in updates before mid-december?

Also rejected post-secondary, pre-II. Complete Oct 10.
Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Did anyone else get an email from BU asking to verify contact information and start filling out FAFSA?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who got a "no decision on app yet" email? I got mine a few days ago and I submitted late August. Is this a good sign?

I received the contact and FAFSA email last year, it doesnt indicate anything.

II today at noon with 2 January dates and one in February. Received an application review confirmation email nov. 24.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone who interviewed here recently please PM me :)

Never mind. (Question was about were to find something and I found it on about the 20th attempt.)

Last edited:
how far back are completion dates for people who are still silent for BU

Does anyone know if interviewing later is disadvantageous?

On the website it says:
Round 1: Mid Sept - Early Dec
Round 2: Early Jan - Early Feb

There are early January interview dates available but I may need to reschedule due to family health emergency. Would interviewing in late January/early February impact chances? I'd be pretty much one of the last people to interview if I rescheduled.
You’re fine to push it back...according to the dean, they decide on the interviews of jan-feb in march so it shouldn’t matter when in January

any idea when the first round of acceptances goes out?