2017-2018 Boston University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently interviewed here. As for major updates, should I send them BEFORE or AFTER (in the event of a waitlist) decisions are released in late-January?
 
Does anyone else remember them saying their first batch of decisions will go out the first Friday in January or am I making that up?
 
Does anyone else remember them saying their first batch of decisions will go out the first Friday in January or am I making that up?
I can't remember exactly because it was two months ago, but hopefully this helps--it's from their follow-up e-mail:
"In mid-January we will send a status update email to each individual who has interviewed prior to that time, accepting a small number of candidates, declining some, and deferring a final decision on some."
 
Hello, does anyone know when the committee meets for January decisions? I want to know by which date to send in an update.
 
They told us to send one in November when I interviewed in September so I would submit ASAP
Is it advisable to send an update if not much has changed? ie just been working and volunteering as usual? I interviewed in October, by the way.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not sure as i don't go to BU haha but I was in a similar situation and I chose to send an update to show them I'm still interested...no idea what will be the outcome

Does anyone know if it can just be an update...? Do they need another LOR? The email specifically mentioned a LOR, but are people just sending traditional updates?
 
Does anyone know if it can just be an update...? Do they need another LOR? The email specifically mentioned a LOR, but are people just sending traditional updates?
which e-mail are you talking about?

edit: nevermind, I read it and they said if the activity is new then they would like an LOR.
 
Also rejected post-secondary, pre-II. Complete Oct 10.
Good luck to everyone still in the running!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who got a "no decision on app yet" email? I got mine a few days ago and I submitted late August. Is this a good sign?
 
Never mind. (Question was about were to find something and I found it on about the 20th attempt.)
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if interviewing later is disadvantageous?

On the website it says:
Round 1: Mid Sept - Early Dec
Round 2: Early Jan - Early Feb

There are early January interview dates available but I may need to reschedule due to family health emergency. Would interviewing in late January/early February impact chances? I'd be pretty much one of the last people to interview if I rescheduled.
You’re fine to push it back...according to the dean, they decide on the interviews of jan-feb in march so it shouldn’t matter when in January