2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those of you who have interviewed here did any of you notice that your thank you note was uploaded to your file? Is this typical...

Members don't see this ad.

At this point I think that its my essays carrying me through this application process. Complete 7/21. I haven't gotten an II but I haven't gotten rejected yet so...
Lol I guess I spoke too soon, rejected earlier today. I solemnly wish all of you the best in your applications to BU this year. You got this

Lol I guess I spoke too soon, rejected earlier today. I solemnly wish all of you the best in your applications to BU this year. You got this
Sorry to hear. I think I pretty much know my fate now. No news may not be good news :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1000-1100. They started about 3 weeks ago.

hey tekkenman - do you think getting interviewed early give you an edge? their first offer only goes out in jan next year

P.S. i'm interviewing there next week

hey tekkenman - do you think getting interviewed early give you an edge? their first offer only goes out in jan next year

P.S. i'm interviewing there next week

No because they are not on rolling admissions. You have just as good a chance as I.

Interview!!! LizzyM ~75

Anyone have any tips?

They will probe very hard on your research. A few of the interviewers might even tell you about their research, then ask you questions about it. Be ready! Especially if you get notorious Mr. Vitamin D!

Members don't see this ad :)
They will probe very hard on your research. A few of the interviewers might even tell you about their research, then ask you questions about it. Be ready! Especially if you get notorious Mr. Vitamin D!
I second this. I got asked extensively about research.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected! Complete 7/23. Good luck to everyone else!

I have similar stats, expecting rejection as well. Would you share where you received IIs?
Yeah, it was disappointing. But, NJMS, RWJMS, and Case Western Reserve. Just hoping for at least one acceptance, after that we can chillaxxxxx

II just now - LM ~80, complete mid-August. Honestly wasn't expecting that! Current available dates are in first three weeks of November.

Reactions: 5 users
Is it too late to throw in an app?
I just interviewed here and Dean Witzburg said during his closing remarks that BU believes it shouldn't matter when you submit your application, so definitely worth a shot!

Just got an II!!! Was starting to think i wasn't going to hear back from anyone

Reactions: 5 users
To those of you who have interviewed here did any of you notice that your thank you note was uploaded to your file? Is this typical...
I got the impression that BU takes into consideration all the communication you have with the school. How long after your interview did the note get uploaded? I sent a thank you email to my interviewer a couple days ago and haven't seen it uploaded yet.

Rejected today (complete late july). Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Rejected today. 522 MCAT. 3.7 GPA. Complete late 7/28. Super nice email about how we're all exceptional applicants lol.

I have similar stats. Do you have II from other places? No II for me. Consider to send in an update as well.
Yeah I have an upcoming interview at my state school and had one interview at a top 40 and one interview at a top 10 in September. I sent updates to 5 schools last weekend and esp. BU because of all the rejections last week. I'm slowly realizing how fickle med school admissions is so I def would say don't worry. One of my good friends last year got his II at UCLA in February was waitlisted and got in in June and that was the only school he got into so I think its just a long and arduous process. Similarly one of my other good friends got an II at UNC in March and was accepted and matriculated there and both had similar stats. I feel like the people who are interviewing at all the top schools now are the same 500 people and we will get our turn soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I have an upcoming interview at my state school and had one interview at a top 40 and one interview at a top 10 in September. I sent updates to 5 schools last weekend and esp. BU because of all the rejections last week. I'm slowly realizing how fickle med school admissions is so I def would say don't worry. One of my good friends last year got his II at UCLA in February was waitlisted and got in in June and that was the only school he got into so I think its just a long and arduous process. Similarly one of my other good friends got an II at UNC in March and was accepted and matriculated there and both had similar stats. I feel like the people who are interviewing at all the top schools now are the same 500 people and we will get our turn soon!
Thank you for your encouragement. I really need it!

I interviewed a week ago! Very laid-back and friendly. It was all very conversational, so just being yourself is the best way to go.

I have an interview at the end of the month. Any tips or words of advice on how to prep?

have people complete early august heard back yet? still nothing from BU

I got the impression that BU takes into consideration all the communication you have with the school. How long after your interview did the note get uploaded? I sent a thank you email to my interviewer a couple days ago and haven't seen it uploaded yet.

The next day.