-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Boston University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lol I guess I spoke too soon, rejected earlier today. I solemnly wish all of you the best in your applications to BU this year. You got thisAt this point I think that its my essays carrying me through this application process. Complete 7/21. I haven't gotten an II but I haven't gotten rejected yet so...
Sorry to hear. I think I pretty much know my fate now. No news may not be good news 🙁Lol I guess I spoke too soon, rejected earlier today. I solemnly wish all of you the best in your applications to BU this year. You got this
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have any BU alums been rejected?
Interview!!! LizzyM ~75
Anyone have any tips?
I interviewed a week ago! Very laid-back and friendly. It was all very conversational, so just being yourself is the best way to go.
Thank you!! It's my first one, very glad to hear that.I interviewed a week ago! Very laid-back and friendly. It was all very conversational, so just being yourself is the best way to go.
Congratulations! Would you share your complete date?Interview!!! LizzyM ~75
Anyone have any tips?
1000-1100. They started about 3 weeks ago.
hey tekkenman - do you think getting interviewed early give you an edge? their first offer only goes out in jan next year
P.S. i'm interviewing there next week
hey tekkenman - do you think getting interviewed early give you an edge? their first offer only goes out in jan next year
P.S. i'm interviewing there next week
No because they are not on rolling admissions. You have just as good a chance as I.
Late JulyCongratulations! Would you share your complete date?
Interview!!! LizzyM ~75
Anyone have any tips?
They will probe very hard on your research. A few of the interviewers might even tell you about their research, then ask you questions about it. Be ready! Especially if you get notorious Mr. Vitamin D!
Thanks! In that case I may still have hope 🙂.Late July
I second this. I got asked extensively about research.They will probe very hard on your research. A few of the interviewers might even tell you about their research, then ask you questions about it. Be ready! Especially if you get notorious Mr. Vitamin D!
I second this. I got asked extensively about research.
Was it specific about your research experiences or more geared to the interviewers research
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mostly mine. I asked my interviewer about her research anyways.Was it specific about your research experiences or more geared to the interviewers research
Rejected! Complete 7/23. Good luck to everyone else!
I have similar stats, expecting rejection as well. Would you share where you received the IIs from?Rejected as well, LizzyM ~ 78. Good luck y'all.
Last edited:
When were you complete?Rejected as well, LizzyM ~ 78. Good luck y'all.
Rejected! Complete 7/25, LM 75. Good luck everybody!
07/27, so quite a while agoWhen were you complete?
Yeah, it was disappointing. But, NJMS, RWJMS, and Case Western Reserve. Just hoping for at least one acceptance, after that we can chillaxxxxxI have similar stats, expecting rejection as well. Would you share where you received IIs?
Good luck!Yeah, it was disappointing. But, NJMS, RWJMS, and Case Western Reserve. Just hoping for at least one acceptance, after that we can chillaxxxxx
Rejected two weeks ago, complete 8/10, OOS. Good luck!
I just interviewed here and Dean Witzburg said during his closing remarks that BU believes it shouldn't matter when you submit your application, so definitely worth a shot!Is it too late to throw in an app?
Congrats! I've been sitting in silence for a while too. When were you complete?Just got an II!!! Was starting to think i wasn't going to hear back from anyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks! I was complete sometime in early-mid augustCongrats! I've been sitting in silence for a while too. When were you complete?
I got the impression that BU takes into consideration all the communication you have with the school. How long after your interview did the note get uploaded? I sent a thank you email to my interviewer a couple days ago and haven't seen it uploaded yet.To those of you who have interviewed here did any of you notice that your thank you note was uploaded to your file? Is this typical...
Rejected today (complete late july). Best of luck to everyone still in the running!
Rejected today. 522 MCAT. 3.7 GPA. Complete late 7/28. Super nice email about how we're all exceptional applicants lol.
Rejected today. 522 MCAT. 3.7 GPA. Complete late 7/28. Super nice email about how we're all exceptional applicants lol.
Sent an update on Sunday just as an FYI.
I have similar stats. Do you have II from other places? No II for me. Consider to send in an update as well.Sent an update on Sunday just as an FYI.
Yeah I have an upcoming interview at my state school and had one interview at a top 40 and one interview at a top 10 in September. I sent updates to 5 schools last weekend and esp. BU because of all the rejections last week. I'm slowly realizing how fickle med school admissions is so I def would say don't worry. One of my good friends last year got his II at UCLA in February was waitlisted and got in in June and that was the only school he got into so I think its just a long and arduous process. Similarly one of my other good friends got an II at UNC in March and was accepted and matriculated there and both had similar stats. I feel like the people who are interviewing at all the top schools now are the same 500 people and we will get our turn soon!I have similar stats. Do you have II from other places? No II for me. Consider to send in an update as well.
Thank you for your encouragement. I really need it!Yeah I have an upcoming interview at my state school and had one interview at a top 40 and one interview at a top 10 in September. I sent updates to 5 schools last weekend and esp. BU because of all the rejections last week. I'm slowly realizing how fickle med school admissions is so I def would say don't worry. One of my good friends last year got his II at UCLA in February was waitlisted and got in in June and that was the only school he got into so I think its just a long and arduous process. Similarly one of my other good friends got an II at UNC in March and was accepted and matriculated there and both had similar stats. I feel like the people who are interviewing at all the top schools now are the same 500 people and we will get our turn soon!
I interviewed a week ago! Very laid-back and friendly. It was all very conversational, so just being yourself is the best way to go.
I have an interview at the end of the month. Any tips or words of advice on how to prep?
Rejected today with an LM of 77 (complete mid July)
have people complete early august heard back yet? still nothing from BU
Completed 8/16, II yesterdayhave people complete early august heard back yet? still nothing from BU
Anyone complete end of July hear back?
I got the impression that BU takes into consideration all the communication you have with the school. How long after your interview did the note get uploaded? I sent a thank you email to my interviewer a couple days ago and haven't seen it uploaded yet.
The next day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected Friday. OOS 3.8/513
Rejected Friday. OOS 3.8/513
When were u complete
Also Completed mid August, no II, no rejection.
Also completed mid August, no II, no rejection.
Completed on 8/13, no II, no rejection. 🙁
Also completed mid August, no II, no rejection.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K