2017-2018 Boston University

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have my interview soon, if anyone can let me know how it went and any tips that would be dope.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm it appears that Boston is going fairly chronologically, extending invites and rejections as they go down August-completed apps.
 
Hmm it appears that Boston is going fairly chronologically, extending invites and rejections as they go down August-completed apps.

If you go earlier in the thread, some people complete in mid September for interviews. I think they don't necessarily go chronologically.
 
If you go earlier in the thread, some people complete in mid September for interviews. I think they don't necessarily go chronologically.

Yeah its definitely not completely chronological, but it might be possible that the earlier bunch are either IS , alumni, have connections, or have something that is sought after in their app that pushed theirs to top of the queue. And after adcoms went through them, they move on to us plebs. :barefoot: Simply speculations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a place I'd really like to go and I've got an II here for a few weeks from now. I love the service focus of Boston Medical Center, in particular.

Any idea if it would be a good call to write a "Letter of Intent" to them a few weeks after the interview? I think I would be really happy here.
 
This is a place I'd really like to go and I've got an II here for a few weeks from now. I love the service focus of Boston Medical Center, in particular.

Any idea if it would be a good call to write a "Letter of Intent" to them a few weeks after the interview? I think I would be really happy here.
Ask them in person if they accept letter of intent. Afaik you send those after a decision has been made post interview, the exception being Mayo.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a place I'd really like to go and I've got an II here for a few weeks from now. I love the service focus of Boston Medical Center, in particular.

Any idea if it would be a good call to write a "Letter of Intent" to them a few weeks after the interview? I think I would be really happy here.

This is in no way meant to sway your opinion or to be considered a definitive for the whole school: I am fairly close with one of the adcoms and they despise any form of update, letter of intent, or in the area emails. Just one person though. Special hint: it’s NOT Dean Witzburg and that’s really who matters. Hope this helps! BU is a wonderful school, with an attitude like that I’m sure they would love to have you. They are looking for people with that type of commitment and drive to work with the underserved.
 
I interviewed here yesterday and Dean Witzburg actually told us not to send letters of intent at least not right now. He said that if you choose to send one it should be after you have had a lot of time to think about and reflect on why this is the best school for you. If you already have an II they are not going to look at your file again until mid December. I would suggest, going on your interview, learning more about the school, waiting a few weeks to think everything over, and then writing and submitting a letter in early December. BU is not rolling, so there is not major rush.