2017-2018 Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when we find out about housing and the lottery?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted off of waitlist today via phone call!! Sent LOI (intent) and update.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How did Columbia treat you guys financially this year? IS the donation really making it tuition free?

Rejected and planning to reapply. Does anyone know if Columbia is open to providing feedback on the application?

Rejected and planning to reapply. Does anyone know if Columbia is open to providing feedback on the application?

Lol, no they don't. You would be hard-pressed to find any top 20 that will give you feedback on how to improve your application.

Sorry to hear that :(
Were you waitlisted then rejected?

I don’t think you can be rejected post-waitlist. Instead it’s kind of a silent rejection up until matriculation (unless you get off the waitlist)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone here anything back from housing at Columbia? I thought they would let us know by May 11th!

Is there AOA or internal ranking at Columbia?

any movement this week? i called the office and they said that nobody has been admitted from the waitlist yet. not sure who to trust...ha ha ha...

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any current Columbia students who could help look over my letter/update? Thanks in advance!

How did Columbia treat you guys financially this year? IS the donation really making it tuition free?

I just got accepted off the waitlist and they offered me full tuition plus some living expenses. So, pretty much.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone get their housing assignment yet? Just curious how long it generally takes.

Any more waitlist movement?

Yes I think it's over here. According to Last year's thread the email came on June 8th that the class was full so we will probably get one any day now.
'
They just sent it out, damn. I appreciate the transparency though!

Reactions: 1 users
Also got the letter :/ Withdrew so I could move forward with housing and planning for my current school with some peace of mind. Good luck to everyone holding out :)

@WedgeDawg

1. If you took time off from your undergraduate studies, please briefly summarize your reasons for doing so. (250 words)

2. From which languages can you translate scholarly material into English?

3. In what collegiate extracurriculars did you engage? (400 words)

4. If you have graduated from college, please briefly summarize what you have done in the interim. (300 words)

5. What challenges do you expect to arise from living and working in a complex urban environment? How will you meet them? (300 words)

6. Is there anything else you would like us to know? (300 words)

7. Please describe your parents' occupations: (100 words)

There are some other questions, but are just checkboxes.

For #3 (extracurriculars) and #8 (parents' occupations), the space limit isn't in words, its in characters. Don't make the mistake I did and write too much, then have to delete it all :/