You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Creighton University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alternate wait list :/
Also Accepted, interviewed on 8/25
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACCEPTED!!! I am shaking with excitement. I'm going to be a doctor!
I’m shaking with nerves. Congrats!!ACCEPTED!!! I am shaking with excitement. I'm going to be a doctor!
Accepted!!! Interviewed 9/22. Congrats to all others who received good news today!
Accepted for my first acceptance.
For those of you waiting, good luck this was a truly brutal process (coming from a re-applicant!)
OOS interviewed on 9/15
For those of you waiting, good luck this was a truly brutal process (coming from a re-applicant!)
OOS interviewed on 9/15
Accepted! 1st MD acceptance. OOS interview 9/22. Congrats to all!! And to those still in the battle, best of luck it's still early in the game!
Has Creighton sent out any interview invites lately? So much silence 🙁
Anyone know how many people interview vs. how many get accepted?
According to US News & World Report, Creighton interviewed 512 applicants and offered acceptances to 359 applicants to fill a class of 154 students last cycle.Anyone know how many people interview vs. how many get accepted?
According to US News & World Report, Creighton interviewed 512 applicants and offered acceptances to 359 applicants to fill a class of 154 students last cycle.
At the interview they said they're trying to interview 700 applicants this year
According to US News & World Report, Creighton interviewed 512 applicants and offered acceptances to 359 applicants to fill a class of 154 students last cycle.
At the interview they said they're trying to interview 700 applicants this year
So would you guys say 50% that interview get accepted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That seems really high, even though getting an interview means you have an amazing chanceSo would you guys say 50% that interview get accepted?
Wow really? The schools I have interviewed at so far have above 50%!That seems really high, even though getting an interview means you have an amazing chance
Welp, maybe I'm wrong. Let's hope that interview goes well for both of us and maybe we can study together next year! hahaWow really? The schools I have interviewed at so far have above 50%!
Friends! Opinions on late October vs. early December II? I’m OOS so obviously December is ideal in terms of traveling. How much would my chances decrease? I know this really can vary from school to school. Anyone have some helpful input on Creighton? Also, anyone know how many students have already been accepted?
I always say with rolling admissions, it's best to interview early. However, if you really feel that you can't make it then I would go with the date you are more comfortable with since, people get accepted then too.Friends! Opinions on late October vs. early December II? I’m OOS so obviously December is ideal in terms of traveling. How much would my chances decrease? I know this really can vary from school to school. Anyone have some helpful input on Creighton? Also, anyone know how many students have already been accepted?
Interview Invite today! So excited since Creighton is at the top of my list!! 🙂 Congrats to everyone accepted and invited for interviews, and hang in there to everyone still waiting!
Congratulations! Obligatory complete date sir?
II today! Complete mid-September. I'm glad I took Michael's advice to heart 😉 Good luck to everyone else still waiting!
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' -Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
"'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take' -Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
II! I have exams on both days offered. Should be fun figuring this one out.
Thank you! I'm actually a female interested in orthopaedics though, haha. Complete 8/14!Congratulations! Obligatory complete date sir?
hopefully us Juliers didnt get passed over 🙁
Thinking the same thing.hopefully us Juliers didnt get passed over 🙁
^ 7/07 submission 🙁 and thinking same thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I looked at last years thread (at least a decent amount of it) and I didn't see any. That being said I did see someone post that they submitted early August and got an II in December.
Just wanted to say congrats to all of those who have already received an acceptance! Congrats your gonna be a doctor!!!!!
To shed some light, I believe last year they interviewed somewhere in the 600's with approximately half receiving acceptance offers. We have been told that they're trying to increase the total number of interviews to above 700.
To those of you already on the wait list, its not over, I know many of my classmates were placed on the wait list early and offered acceptance later on. To those of you still waiting on interviews, Keep your heads up. CUSOM will continue to offer interviews for the next few months (At least into January) and Interviews into March (or at least they did last year). Just try to be patient and quell your premed neuroticism.
To shed some light, I believe last year they interviewed somewhere in the 600's with approximately half receiving acceptance offers. We have been told that they're trying to increase the total number of interviews to above 700.
To those of you already on the wait list, its not over, I know many of my classmates were placed on the wait list early and offered acceptance later on. To those of you still waiting on interviews, Keep your heads up. CUSOM will continue to offer interviews for the next few months (At least into January) and Interviews into March (or at least they did last year). Just try to be patient and quell your premed neuroticism.
Yea it's odd how some school review applications. I was complete in September and have an interview for December.I looked at last years thread (at least a decent amount of it) and I didn't see any. That being said I did see someone post that they submitted early August and got an II in December.
Those who have received acceptances, have you accepted them yet? I still haven't gotten my packet in the mail!
I got my packet yesterday!Those who have received acceptances, have you accepted them yet? I still haven't gotten my packet in the mail!
Those who have received acceptances, have you accepted them yet? I still haven't gotten my packet in the mail!
From what I remember there's really no urgency in "officially accepting" so I'd just sit back and enjoy the fact that your going to be a doctor! Also Its sad to admit but our acceptance packets are really underwhelming compared to other school or at least it was last year. We got like the same paperwork and info we did at the interview and a print out of an acceptance letter which I think was online?
Congrats! You must have super ECs. I have been waiting since late August. LizzyM 70, OOS and ORM too. Best wishes for the interview.II two days ago! LizzyM 70, OOS and ORM. Complete 9/13
Thank you!! I do have a few interesting ECs that I am very passionate about 🙂 Good luck this cycle!Congrats! You must have super ECs. I have been waiting since late August. LizzyM 70, OOS and ORM too. Best wishes for the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm taking a class and found one through the Cali extension programs!Who else needs to take a class before matriculation since it has been >15 months since their last class? I'm trying to look for online classes but my undergrad only offers in class advanced bio classes :/
You should check it out, it's a good deal and online!
Who else needs to take a class before matriculation since it has been >15 months since their last class? I'm trying to look for online classes but my undergrad only offers in class advanced bio classes :/
Are you supposed to take an advanced bio course? or you just need another course and don't want to take a hard science course? It may be beneficial to take an advanced bio course if it has some clinical relevance i.e. if you can take an anatomy course or something.
Regardless I'd encourage you to reach out to the admissions committee. They may (no idea whether or not they do) have certain online class options in mind that you can do if you are stuggling to find a course.
Did they mention that in the conditions of your acceptance???Who else needs to take a class before matriculation since it has been >15 months since their last class? I'm trying to look for online classes but my undergrad only offers in class advanced bio classes :/
Did they mention that in the conditions of your acceptance???
Yup they said that if you have been out of school for more than 15 months, they require that you take one upper level biology course.Did they mention that in the conditions of your acceptance???
About the walking... I'm so excited but so nervous because I'm one of those annoyingly slow walkers. My shoes aren't exceedingly comfortable or uncomfortable. Should I be worried? I feel like bring additional shoes is a huge no.
I don't think the tour was too long. The tour occurs after the presentations, interviews, and lunch so everyone was pretty relaxed. I personally just brought flats in my purse in case my heels killed me but I didn't need to change. A current med student leads the tour and you're released right after so I would advise bringing a comfortable pair of shoes to change into - I don't think it was weird at all. But that's just my two cents
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K