2017-2018 Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think the tour was too long. The tour occurs after the presentations, interviews, and lunch so everyone was pretty relaxed. I personally just brought flats in my purse in case my heels killed me but I didn't need to change. A current med student leads the tour and you're released right after so I would advise bringing a comfortable pair of shoes to change into - I don't think it was weird at all. But that's just my two cents
About the walking... I'm so excited but so nervous because I'm one of those annoyingly slow walkers. My shoes aren't exceedingly comfortable or uncomfortable. Should I be worried? I feel like bring additional shoes is a huge no.

Yeah, this isn't really a big deal. It's just a bit of walking around campus but this also depends on where the interviews are held (friday and saturday locations are different typically). You won't be walking miles upon miles, just a bit around the criss building, the campus and possibly around the simulation building. I just felt like I walked here more than at some interviews.
If your greatest worry is that you're a slow walker than I'd say you have it made!
Best of luck at the interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, not my biggest worry but when I'm nervous I tend to worry about everything, including this. Thank you both of you :)

Good luck! It was the most relaxed interview day that I've been to :)

That's weird. It will have been that amount of time for me by the time I matriculate, but they didn't mention it in my terms of acceptance. :-/

I wonder if I should call them. But I don't want to take a class if I don't have to...
If they didn't say in your acceptance letter then you should be fine.
They told me if you graduated May 2017 or later you're fine but anything earlier requires a class.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/6 and they told us we'd be hearing back early this week as decisions were made on 10/24. Anyone else in the same boat waiting for that email!?

Update: alternate status. :(

Last edited:
I know creighton allows updates, but in terms of the clinical volunteering section it says "completed activities."

I had 100hrs or so of one clinical volunteering and began hospice volunteering in May, with about 15hrs or so when I submitted my primary. I have a year long commitment and have been going once a week since May and probably accumulated an additional 40hr or so (not a ton since I work full time). Is this worth updating? I figure I could explain more what I do in detail as well, but since I havent actually "finished" does it still count?

If you don't mind me asking, how much does that course cost roughly?

If you're anywhere in the Boston area Harvard extension is $1600 for 4 credits- not cheap but cheaper than other private schools I think. I took an upper level bio that's relatively easy too

No not at all
The one I found was like $700 and the other one was around a $1000 but it depends on what class you're going to take
Thanks for the response! Yeah, I'm trying to gauge the costs I just don't know how I'm going fund another class.

P
Thanks for the response! Yeah, I'm trying to gauge the costs I just don't know how I'm going fund another class.
I totally feel you on that.
It takes everything I have to interview from place to place and pay my student loans :(

Reactions: 1 user
P
I totally feel you on that.
It takes everything I have to interview from place to place and pay my student loans :(
I feel you even more lol.. just described my life... Sadly, may be the reason I end up going elsewhere instead of Creighton. Just an unnecessary thing imo..

I feel you even more lol.. just described my life... Sadly, may be the reason I end up going elsewhere instead of Creighton. Just an unnecessary thing imo..

No other med school that you know of has this 15 month requirement right? I'm hesitant to take the class and spend that ~1k when I'm not even sure if I'm going to creighton..

Unfortunately I feel exactly the same way. I didn't want this to be the deal breaker but it might be cause I don't have that extra cash to spare.

Members don't see this ad :)
No other med school that you know of has this 15 month requirement right? I'm hesitant to take the class and spend that ~1k when I'm not even sure if I'm going to creighton..
Only one I know of with this sort of RQ

Did anyone update Creighton pre-II and find it to be beneficial? I'm considering updating them, as I love this school (it's my first choice) and was complete on 8/29. Haven't heard anything but silence as an OOS/LM 69 applicant.

Did anyone update Creighton pre-II and find it to be beneficial? I'm considering updating them, as I love this school (it's my first choice) and was complete on 8/29. Haven't heard anything but silence as an OOS/LM 69 applicant.
I'd give it some time, at least 2-3 more weeks. Your call though. It couldn't hurt.

I know creighton allows updates, but in terms of the clinical volunteering section it says "completed activities."

I had 100hrs or so of one clinical volunteering and began hospice volunteering in May, with about 15hrs or so when I submitted my primary. I have a year long commitment and have been going once a week since May and probably accumulated an additional 40hr or so (not a ton since I work full time). Is this worth updating? I figure I could explain more what I do in detail as well, but since I havent actually "finished" does it still count?

Your choice, you can just do a "continuing interest and minor update" I'd do it especially if you were lacking clinical exposure at the time of submission.

So I'd double check about the point at which such a course is due. I.e. Does it have to be done before the cycle is over? or just by the start of next year?

I thought I saw some posts on last years thread and that they mentioned that you just needed to complete a course by the start of the school year. If so, you may be able to kinda sit on the acceptance as you make your final decision and enroll in a course at a later date. I have no clue if this is correct or not, just something to look into/think about.

If you have anything noteworthy than absolutely. Just make sure your update adds to your app. Never write like "hey I still don't have an interview, accept me" but if you have genuine activities or experiences that add to your resume i'd always update.

So I'd double check about the point at which such a course is due. I.e. Does it have to be done before the cycle is over? or just by the start of next year?

I thought I saw some posts on last years thread and that they mentioned that you just needed to complete a course by the start of the school year. If so, you may be able to kinda sit on the acceptance as you make your final decision and enroll in a course at a later date. I have no clue if this is correct or not, just something to look into/think about.

Creighton gave me 20 days to let them know what class I'll be taking, and the class has to be completed by June 1st I believe. True bummer

I sent an update (research and volunteering updates) and got an II a few days later. They seem to like updates as long as it adds to your app. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I sent an update (research and volunteering updates) and got an II a few days later. They seem to like updates as long as it adds to your app. Best of luck!

Yes! During the interview, they said "send us updates, especially updates about how you are helping humanity." Volunteering or service updates are really valued.

I'm so glad it worked out for you. Creighton is a super awesome school.

Yes! During the interview, they said "send us updates, especially updates about how you are helping humanity." Volunteering or service updates are really valued.

I'm so glad it worked out for you. Creighton is a super awesome school.

I updated them on a new nonclinical volunteering position about 6 weeks ago. Do you think it's worth it to provide further updates on hours etc just to reinforce that I'm still doing it? I could do clinical as well just not sure if updates every 6 weeks or so is overkill

I feel like they want updates since there are so many categories to update within?

I updated them on a new nonclinical volunteering position about 6 weeks ago. Do you think it's worth it to provide further updates on hours etc just to reinforce that I'm still doing it? I could do clinical as well just not sure if updates every 6 weeks or so is overkill

I feel like they want updates since there are so many categories to update within?

I would think that an update with just hours isn't that effective... but perhaps a little reflection on what you've learned and how it relates to their service mission might be helpful. Otherwise, I'm sure another update about something else would also be good. Best of luck to you!!

Reactions: 2 users
Last round of IIs was on a friday. They have sent out IIs on Sundays and Mondays as well though. fingers crossed

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!! So excited, 1st one!! Interviewed 10/27

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone have a recent interview invite?

Just sent an update! Hoping for an II soon #fingerscrossed

I'm going to start teching a pre-med/mcat prep course in January and I really want to send an update that I got this position but I also feel silly because it hasn’t started yet so I don’t have much to say about it besides that I’m really excited to help people. Should I update them or wait until I start actually teaching?

Does anyone know how often they send out II's? Silence here since August... I didn't think they did silent rejections from what I have heard. Also, I have family that is alumni so I figured I might at least have a little bit better of a chance to get and II.

Submitted a update letter yesterday... desperately hoping for an interview. Silence since the first week of August

Really wish I would hear something from Creighton! I like the school a lot from everything that I’ve read, but I think a lot of us have been sitting in silence for a while :/ hoping for some II’s soon!!!

Reactions: 4 users
im not sure why, but i had 2 IIs in september and haven't heard anything at all from any schools since. is this happening to other people as well? it makes 0 sense. should i add more schools LOL

Reactions: 6 users
im not sure why, but i had 2 IIs in september and haven't heard anything at all from any schools since. is this happening to other people as well? it makes 0 sense. should i add more schools LOL
I think schools just decided that they were sick of this application cycle and just quit trying lol. Everything has been silent since early on

II just now. It's my first one. Looking forward to it- but also nervous. Complete early Sept. LM 69.

Reactions: 6 users
II at 5:00 today! For anyone that was accepted, if you are willing to offer some help please message me!! This is my first interview invite and for all I know it may be my last so I desperately need to destroy this interview (in a good way of course!) and need any and all help I can get. Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: 7 users
For those with II did you get an email? Or was it an update on the portal?