-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Eastern Virginia Medical School
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
seems like movement slowed down for today*stressfully checks email every 2 minutes*
What a bummer...hoping for some IS movement tomorrowseems like movement slowed down for today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How often do you think the committee meets to accept people? Once a week?
How often do you think the committee meets to accept people? Once a week?
I think they offer spots sparsely, but meet once a week
such a tease.. just got the continued interest email.
maybe interesting or not, email was sent a week later (May 15th) last year. I'm clearly reading too much into this.
maybe interesting or not, email was sent a week later (May 15th) last year. I'm clearly reading too much into this.
I agree, I would think applicants who are still interested would be more likely to respond to a request from the school than those who are not.Dammit let’s see some in-state movement!!!!
Also, what’s with the continued interest email that doesn’t require a reply to show your interest?
Also got the continued interest email just now. So glad I saw this post before I saw that I had received an email from EVMS and had a mini heart attack all for nothingsuch a tease.. just got the continued interest email.
maybe interesting or not, email was sent a week later (May 15th) last year. I'm clearly reading too much into this.
6
663404
Also got the continued interest email just now. So glad I saw this post before I saw that I had received an email from EVMS and had a mini heart attack all for nothing
Dude that’s horrible. You see you get an email from them and it’s continued interest? I would probably break my phone. Sigh what a silly and sick game this is.
Does everyone get the continued interest email?
At least someone is thinking positive for the waitlist! Today has been an emotional roller coaster hahaI feel good about this though! They are thinning the herd so there are 1) spots available and 2) they want to offer places to fill them hence the (reply as soon as possible)
I called few days ago and was told that the waitlist has already begun to move, I guess lot of people are going to be keeping their spots here which is why we haven't seen as much movement as we did in previous years.
I wonder if it would be worth a call to ask them about the in-state side? Most of the acceptances I’ve seen here are OOS
I assume yesDoes everyone get the continued interest email?
Congratulations. I have very similar stats and am also in the middle third. I'm conflicted about whether this is a good or bad regarding my own chances of acceptance.Accepted now. Middle third , OOS, ORM, SUPER non-trad. Bad cumulative GPA, 3.67 science, 512 MCAT. More lucky than good, methinks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6
663404
I wonder if it would be worth a call to ask them about the in-state side? Most of the acceptances I’ve seen here are OOS
I assume yes
I’m gonna disagree. Don’t bother them. They’re busy. Just stay positive and let it ride.
6
663404
Congratulations. I have very similar stats and am also in the middle third. I'm conflicted about whether this is a good or bad regarding my own chances of acceptance.
Thanks—I wouldn’t worry about it or try to calculate it. In addition, my personal circumstances are vastly different than even most non-trads.
Like on a different plane. Probably no impact on what happens with your application.
Thanks—I wouldn’t worry about it or try to calculate it. In addition, my personal circumstances are vastly different than even most non-trads.
Like on a different plane. Probably no impact on what happens with your application.
Dammit let’s see some in-state movement!!!!
Also, what’s with the continued interest email that doesn’t require a reply to show your interest?
Accepted off the waitlist today!! in-state!
When did you interview?Accepted off the waitlist today!! in-state!
Has anyone called to ask how full the class is? I’m curious to know..
Congrats!!
Stats/LizzyM? and ORM or URM?
Interviewed 2/7/18, waitlisted 3/9/18, In-state female, ORM, LizzyM 72
Were you IS/OOS? URM/ORM?Withdrew my spot just now, best of luck folks!
Does anyone know when classes start here?
6
663404
https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...ar/School_of_Medicine_Calendar_2018-2019.xlsxDoes anyone know when classes start here?
If you don't mind sharing were you IS/OOS? URM/ORM?just withdrew! good luck to everyone on the waitlist 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind sharing were you IS/OOS? URM/ORM?
sorry, yes! OOS, URM
does anyone know how many applicants are placed in each third of the waitlist?
Just accepted off the waitlist!!! So excited!!! I'm IS, female, ORM, MCAT: 514, GPA: 3.65. Non-traditional & reapplicant.
could I ask which third of the waitlist you were in?
Congrats!! Didn't realize they're sending emails out this late on a FridayJust got off the wait list here! Interviewed in Feb, top 1/3, non URM, OOS with no state ties, male, LizzyM 74. Good luck to everyone else—don't give up hope!
could I ask which third of the waitlist you were in?
Top third!
Was on the waitlist since November. Accepted today will be withdrawing
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you don't mind me asking, were you OOS/IS, URM/ORM? Also, what third of the WL were you in?Was on the waitlist since November. Accepted today will be withdrawing
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When y'all were accepted off the waitlist, did you find out via phone call, email, or both?
When y'all were accepted off the waitlist, did you find out via phone call, email, or both?
6
663404
The email
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like EVMS should stop worrying so much about accepting more than 50% of their students from out of state and just take their own residents already.
I spiritually relate to this. Trying so hard to stay hopeful that the wave of instate acceptance will happen soon!
It's so hard to stay positive about it when it's already mid May. I'm giving myself until end of the month before I give up and start preparing for the 2019-2020 cycle 🙁I spiritually relate to this. Trying so hard to stay hopeful that the wave of instate acceptance will happen soon!
Accepted this morning! OOS, ORM.
I need to decide between EVMS and another school. I feel like I still don't know enough about EVMS to make a decision. Would anyone mind giving me some insight? (I made a school X vs Y thread: Rush Medical College vs EVMS) I'd like to decide ASAP so that I can open up spots for other waitlisted applicants. Appreciate all the help!
I need to decide between EVMS and another school. I feel like I still don't know enough about EVMS to make a decision. Would anyone mind giving me some insight? (I made a school X vs Y thread: Rush Medical College vs EVMS) I'd like to decide ASAP so that I can open up spots for other waitlisted applicants. Appreciate all the help!
Would anyone be able to shed some information on the curriculum structure at EVMS, as well as housing and what students typically do for enjoyment?
Would anyone be able to shed some information on the curriculum at EVMS, as well as housing and what students typically do for enjoyment?
IDK specifically for current EVMS students for enjoyment but in Norfolk in general you have the Chesapeake bay, boating on the river, the zoo, the botanical gardens, roof top bars, waterfront bars (waterside), amazing restaurants of all different food types, many microbreweries, festivals all year round, concerts in VA beach, and so much more. I got in to another medical school as well but decided to go back home to EVMS because I just love Norfolk so much. I alsoloved the staff and faculty at EVMS and how focused they are on the community!