2017-2018 Eastern Virginia Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*stressfully checks email every 2 minutes*

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
such a tease.. just got the continued interest email.
maybe interesting or not, email was sent a week later (May 15th) last year. I'm clearly reading too much into this.

Reactions: 2 users
Dammit let’s see some in-state movement!!!!

Also, what’s with the continued interest email that doesn’t require a reply to show your interest?

Also, what’s with the continued interest email that doesn’t require a reply to show your interest?
I agree, I would think applicants who are still interested would be more likely to respond to a request from the school than those who are not.

such a tease.. just got the continued interest email.
maybe interesting or not, email was sent a week later (May 15th) last year. I'm clearly reading too much into this.
Also got the continued interest email just now. So glad I saw this post before I saw that I had received an email from EVMS and had a mini heart attack all for nothing

Also got the continued interest email just now. So glad I saw this post before I saw that I had received an email from EVMS and had a mini heart attack all for nothing

Dude that’s horrible. You see you get an email from them and it’s continued interest? I would probably break my phone. Sigh what a silly and sick game this is.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel good about this though! They are thinning the herd so there are 1) spots available and 2) they want to offer places to fill them hence the (reply as soon as possible)

I feel good about this though! They are thinning the herd so there are 1) spots available and 2) they want to offer places to fill them hence the (reply as soon as possible)
At least someone is thinking positive for the waitlist! Today has been an emotional roller coaster haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I called few days ago and was told that the waitlist has already begun to move, I guess lot of people are going to be keeping their spots here which is why we haven't seen as much movement as we did in previous years.

I wonder if it would be worth a call to ask them about the in-state side? Most of the acceptances I’ve seen here are OOS

Does everyone get the continued interest email?
I assume yes

Accepted now. Middle third , OOS, ORM, SUPER non-trad. Bad cumulative GPA, 3.67 science, 512 MCAT. More lucky than good, methinks.
Congratulations. I have very similar stats and am also in the middle third. I'm conflicted about whether this is a good or bad regarding my own chances of acceptance.

I wonder if it would be worth a call to ask them about the in-state side? Most of the acceptances I’ve seen here are OOS

I assume yes

I’m gonna disagree. Don’t bother them. They’re busy. Just stay positive and let it ride.

Congratulations. I have very similar stats and am also in the middle third. I'm conflicted about whether this is a good or bad regarding my own chances of acceptance.

Thanks—I wouldn’t worry about it or try to calculate it. In addition, my personal circumstances are vastly different than even most non-trads.
Like on a different plane. Probably no impact on what happens with your application.

Thanks—I wouldn’t worry about it or try to calculate it. In addition, my personal circumstances are vastly different than even most non-trads.
Like on a different plane. Probably no impact on what happens with your application.
tmp_21580-images(3)1102797454.jpg

Accepted off the waitlist today!! in-state!

Has anyone called to ask how full the class is? I’m curious to know..

Withdrew my spot just now. URM OOS, male. Hope the offer is extended to one of y'all it's a great program!

Reactions: 6 users
Just accepted off the waitlist!!! So excited!!! I'm IS, female, ORM, MCAT: 514, GPA: 3.65. Non-traditional & reapplicant.

Reactions: 7 users
just withdrew! good luck to everyone on the waitlist :)

does anyone know how many applicants are placed in each third of the waitlist?

Just accepted off the waitlist!!! So excited!!! I'm IS, female, ORM, MCAT: 514, GPA: 3.65. Non-traditional & reapplicant.

could I ask which third of the waitlist you were in?

Just got off the wait list here! Interviewed in Feb, top 1/3, non URM, OOS with no state ties, male, LizzyM 74. Good luck to everyone else—don't give up hope!

Just got off the wait list here! Interviewed in Feb, top 1/3, non URM, OOS with no state ties, male, LizzyM 74. Good luck to everyone else—don't give up hope!
Congrats!! Didn't realize they're sending emails out this late on a Friday

Was on the waitlist since November. Accepted today will be withdrawing

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

When y'all were accepted off the waitlist, did you find out via phone call, email, or both?

Got accepted earlier today. OOS/URM

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I feel like EVMS should stop worrying so much about accepting more than 50% of their students from out of state and just take their own residents already.

Reactions: 4 users
I feel like EVMS should stop worrying so much about accepting more than 50% of their students from out of state and just take their own residents already.

I spiritually relate to this. Trying so hard to stay hopeful that the wave of instate acceptance will happen soon!

I spiritually relate to this. Trying so hard to stay hopeful that the wave of instate acceptance will happen soon!
It's so hard to stay positive about it when it's already mid May. I'm giving myself until end of the month before I give up and start preparing for the 2019-2020 cycle :(

Accepted this morning! OOS, ORM.

I need to decide between EVMS and another school. I feel like I still don't know enough about EVMS to make a decision. Would anyone mind giving me some insight? (I made a school X vs Y thread: Rush Medical College vs EVMS) I'd like to decide ASAP so that I can open up spots for other waitlisted applicants. Appreciate all the help!

Would anyone be able to shed some information on the curriculum structure at EVMS, as well as housing and what students typically do for enjoyment?

Would anyone be able to shed some information on the curriculum at EVMS, as well as housing and what students typically do for enjoyment?

IDK specifically for current EVMS students for enjoyment but in Norfolk in general you have the Chesapeake bay, boating on the river, the zoo, the botanical gardens, roof top bars, waterfront bars (waterside), amazing restaurants of all different food types, many microbreweries, festivals all year round, concerts in VA beach, and so much more. I got in to another medical school as well but decided to go back home to EVMS because I just love Norfolk so much. I alsoloved the staff and faculty at EVMS and how focused they are on the community!