Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Hofstra University
Started by Lucca
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed about this and was sent a form to complete and send back.I have an interview this upcoming Tuesday. Does anybody know if they have any student hosting options?
Anyone from the late September interview club hearing anything yet?
Anyone from the late September interview club hearing anything yet?
I dont think anyone has heard anything post II
Same.Also same
Anyone from the late September interview club hearing anything yet?
I was told earliest decisions will go out December at my interview but I don't think they specified when exactly.
I was told earliest decisions will go out December at my interview but I don't think they specified when exactly.
Heard the same thing. They said Nov/Dec at my interview. Hopefully that implies *early* Dec
At my interview, we were told that mid December - mid January would be when we could start expecting to hear back.
damn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good to know. I left that interview with a bad taste in my mouth. Wasn’t sure if it was a game or if they really didn’t like me.
Hey guys,
Current Hofstra medical student here. I'm involved in the admissions process here and just wanted to respond to some of you who have felt like there were some tough interviewers. I want to reassure everyone that as interviewers, we all get a set of suggested questions and the same instructions. The goal is just to get a better sense of who you are beyond what's on your application. We're definitely not instructed to grill anyone or to throw you off your game-- I promise that is not Hofstra's way at all! That said, all the interviewers are individuals and have their own style, so your experience with the two interviewers may vary; that's unplanned and hard to avoid, but the admissions committee is aware of it and does take that into consideration.
Best of luck to everyone this cycle!
D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
So since you’re privy to the process here... what significance does it have if we have yet to be rejected and yet have not heard anything since submitting in July?Hey guys,
Current Hofstra medical student here. I'm involved in the admissions process here and just wanted to respond to some of you who have felt like there were some tough interviewers. I want to reassure everyone that as interviewers, we all get a set of suggested questions and the same instructions. The goal is just to get a better sense of who you are beyond what's on your application. We're definitely not instructed to grill anyone or to throw you off your game-- I promise that is not Hofstra's way at all! That said, all the interviewers are individuals and have their own style, so your experience with the two interviewers may vary; that's unplanned and hard to avoid, but the admissions committee is aware of it and does take that into consideration.
Best of luck to everyone this cycle!
Signed up for an account so I could ask this. Any female interviewing on Dec. 1 and want to split costs for a place to stay and maybe transportation? Lodging is super expensive in the area and trying to make attending this interview a little more affordable. PM me if you're interested.
Signed up for an account so I could ask this. Any female interviewing on Dec. 1 and want to split costs for a place to stay and maybe transportation? Lodging is super expensive in the area and trying to make attending this interview a little more affordable. PM me if you're interested.
Cant exactly help, but I will endorse the red roof inn. Quality hotel. 100$ a night. the cheapest i could find.
Cant exactly help, but I will endorse the red roof inn. Quality hotel. 100$ a night. the cheapest i could find.
Yeah, that was the one I was looking at. But figured if there happened to be someone out there to split the cost, it'd be even better! 😉
What was your experience with the interview and impression of the school?
Yeah, that was the one I was looking at. But figured if there happened to be someone out there to split the cost, it'd be even better! 😉
What was your experience with the interview and impression of the school?
ooh - wish you were going just a week or two later. I’ll be there Dec 11 in case anyone (female) wants to split a room the night before. I am planning to stay with a friend who is a resident, but he has kids and it might be easier on him if I split a room with someone.
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
ooh - wish you were going just a week or two later. I’ll be there Dec 11 in case anyone (female) wants to split a room the night before. I am planning to stay with a friend who is a resident, but he has kids and it might be easier on him if I split a room with someone.
Actually wish I were going Dec. 11. That date would work so much better for me! Was difficult to convince my boss to let me off those 2 days next week, since we're really busy at work. Monday's are our least busy days and then I'd only miss 1 day of work.
Plus, I've seen you a lot on SDN and think it'd be interesting to meet you. Good luck with the interview! Seems like you've been doing well this cycle.
Actually wish I were going Dec. 11. That date would work so much better for me! Was difficult to convince my boss to let me off those 2 days next week, since we're really busy at work. Monday's are our least busy days and then I'd only miss 1 day of work.
Plus, I've seen you a lot on SDN and think it'd be interesting to meet you. Good luck with the interview! Seems like you've been doing well this cycle.
I almost went Dec 1, but I had a two finals right after and thought better of it. I would loved to have met you! Let me know how it goes - I hope you have a great interview!!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
8
878956
I think it is around 35 to 40%Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
do these rates include WL or just straight up?I think it is around 35 to 40%
nothing since july
Has anyone heard back yet post-II?
Has anyone heard back yet post-II?
No they release their decisions at one time somewhere around mid December
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@7331poas do they do that single release and then do periodic releases later? I have an interview here early December and am wondering when I would hear back (im assuming it will probably be in 2018).
I am guessing a big single release and then fewer decisions as the cycle goes on.
haven't heard from 90% of my schools that i submitted several months ago
8
878956
That would have to be the case since they offer interviews until February.
Just got an II this morning and I've been complete since early July so there's still hope if you haven't heard anything in forever!
Is there a dinner the night before the interview? I’m assuming not, but wanted to check just in case!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I don’t reckon so!Is there a dinner the night before the interview? I’m assuming not, but wanted to check just in case!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
(My interview is tmrw and I’m not planning on any dinners so I hope not lol)
Is there a dinner the night before the interview? I’m assuming not, but wanted to check just in case!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
No there isnt
Sorry to hear about all the rejections 🙁
This is a super long shot, but I was wondering if anyone who is interviewing on Dec 15th, 18th, 19th, or 21st would be willing to switch spots with me. I'm currently scheduled to interview on Dec 20th, but I can't actually do that date (it was one of the two dates available, and I can't do the other one either, so I just put my name down for this one temporarily per the admissions office's suggestion). I'm from the West Coast and am going to be in New York for winter break, and am really trying to cut down on travelling costs by scheduling interviews during this period
If anyone is willing to switch, I would be so so grateful 
This is a super long shot, but I was wondering if anyone who is interviewing on Dec 15th, 18th, 19th, or 21st would be willing to switch spots with me. I'm currently scheduled to interview on Dec 20th, but I can't actually do that date (it was one of the two dates available, and I can't do the other one either, so I just put my name down for this one temporarily per the admissions office's suggestion). I'm from the West Coast and am going to be in New York for winter break, and am really trying to cut down on travelling costs by scheduling interviews during this period

D
DJ Khaled's Pet Tiger
II today, complete in July. Declining though!
I would not do that because it may come off as "desperate." I sent a combined letter of interest/update letter after I was put on the waitlist in March and then was ultimately accepted here in June.Does anyone know if it is a good idea to send a letter of interest or something before the decisions are released? I have nothing of real value to "update". But I feel like I should do *something*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So they’ve said their first round of decisions come in mid-December so I think I speak for everyone when I say IS IT MID DECEMBER YET?
Still sitting in silence :/
Us MS1s and MS2s have exams this week. Maybe they're holding off until we finish to release decisions. Be patient, and good luck!So they’ve said their first round of decisions come in mid-December so I think I speak for everyone when I say IS IT MID DECEMBER YET?
Bless you for still being on SDN with us neurotic prospies while you've got exams.Us MS1s and MS2s have exams this week. Maybe they're holding off until we finish to release decisions. Be patient, and good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K