2017-2018 Johns Hopkins University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think it is worth adding Hopkins this late? I have been fairly successful so far with my apps (10+ II including 2 top 20s) and am thinking of adding it as a late reach. LM 70 but strong EC. I am kind of running low on funds though so I don't know what to do.
Yes, don't be afraid to add JHU a little late, I wasn't even complete in Sept.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine just got marked complete this morning. Submitted 8/4.

Finally got my complete email. I submitted all my materials the first week of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have a lot of knowledge of Johns Hopkins maybe you can answer this. I know Johns Hopkins sends out its first round of acceptances in December. What is the last interview date that is included in this round of acceptances?

For those of you who have a lot of knowledge of Johns Hopkins maybe you can answer this. I know Johns Hopkins sends out its first round of acceptances in December. What is the last interview date that is included in this round of acceptances?

I couldn't tell you the exact date, but from my experience roughly a month or so before. I would expect around end of October maybe first week of November is last interview for December acceptance.

Someone else may have a more specific time frame.

At your interview they should tell you when you would hear back.

Last edited:
II! Completed mid-Aug.
LizzyM ~75
So beyond the moon with this one :) Interview tips appreciated!

Reactions: 10 users
Finally got a complete email, had everything in by mid August.

I'm at a month and five days waiting for completion. Anyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at a month and five days waiting for completion. Anyone else?

I know it's hard to not worry about everything when applying, but to help if I can, I will give you my timeline last year.

Took me 47 days to be sent complete email from date I submitted everything. Got interview invite 58 days after complete email with interview for two months after that. Accepted in late April.

You will get complete email eventually.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Got the complete status on 9/22, submitted 8/18.

Submitted 8/31 and complete 9/22

Last edited:
Submitted 8-24 and still waiting for complete email...... although mcat only released 9-12 as mentioned elsewhere

Don't want to be rude. But being complete is basically meaningless here. I've been complete since 7/20 and still silence. Just chill out.

Reactions: 4 users
I have this fear that when they saw my application come through they laughed out loud and stuck it on the "to be rejected at the end of the season" pile. Good luck to those who are interviewing and to the rest of the applicants!!

Reactions: 5 users
Don't want to be rude. But being complete is basically meaningless here. I've been complete since 7/20 and still silence. Just chill out.

Did you get your complete verification email on 7/20 or is that when you submitted your app? Me and all the people I know that got IIs to Hopkins got them within 1-1.5 weeks of receiving the complete email. Hopkins does send out IIs later but I think your best chance of getting an II is right after getting the complete email, since Hopkins sends you that email once they're actually reviewing your app.

Did you get your complete verification email on 7/20 or is that when you submitted your app? Me and all the people I know that got IIs to Hopkins got them within 1-1.5 weeks of receiving the complete email. Hopkins does send out IIs later but I think your best chance of getting an II is right after getting the complete email, since Hopkins sends you that email once they're actually reviewing your app.

Apologies, I submitted on 7/20 and was complete 7/27. fairly quick turnaround actually.

II! submitted on 8/10 and was marked complete 9/22

Reactions: 3 users

I know many people that had a large gap between complete email and interview invitation, myself included. Mine was a 2 month gap roughly. I would encourage everyone not to read into when you received complete email etc. It's a long process and analyzing every detail is usually pointless and stress inducing.

Reactions: 5 users
I saw the email when I woke up, but I don’t remember exactly what time of day!

People who interviewed here - did you attend the event the night before / do you have any more information on that

II this evening! Complete 8/17.

II earlier today as well! They just scheduled the date for me.

I was complete mid august.

Last edited:
Anyone have tips for the interview here? :O
Just relax and be yourself! Know your application and your answers to all the usual questions, of course (why do you want to be a doctor, etc.), but overall the interview was conversationsal and relaxed.

Reactions: 1 users