2017-2018 Long School of Medicine - University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They already have 240ish members on Facebook for class 2022. How much room is there left for the rest of us, especially OOS? >.<

I can't speak for certain, but my friend is in the FB group and said that a pretty good chunk are current students/faculty. I think the fact that we've seen several people receive offers from the WL (including 1 that apparently is declining) should tell you that movement is definitely, and likely will continue, happening.

When it comes to OOS, I'm not really sure exactly how that'd work. I know that they have to maintain their 90/10 IS/OOS offer ratio, though. Still, in general, I know that Long sees movement right up to the bitter end (i.e., orientation). I feel like I met a ton of people at my interview (including one of my interviewers) who said that they received offers either at the end of May or just weeks before school started. We have plenty of reason to hold on to a healthy amount of hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
IS acceptance!!! Ahhh I had given up on this one!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted off the WL today, I will be giving up my seat at Texas A&M. I am so excited to join the Long family! IS, non-URM, 508 MCAT, 3.86 GPA.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
IS waitlist offer today! I matched to A&M but I think I'm going to go with Long.

IS waitlist offer today! I matched to A&M but I think I'm going to go with Long.

Congrats!

For Wysdoc's roundup post, I'm almost for sure dropping McGovern for this one. So excited!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted earlier today! I will likely be sticking with McGovern, but will make a final decision tomorrow.

Update 5/11: Officially declined tonight, though reluctantly. McGovern vs Long was always the decision I was dreading to make, and ultimately family factors won out. I hope one of y'all can get this spot! This is an incredible school with incredible people.

Last edited:
IS Accepted yesterday! Absolutely thrilled as I didn't think I had a chance. Will be giving up a spot at another TX school.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard anything about applicant file reviews?

Also, has anyone been accepted off the waitlist that has not had an acceptance at any other IS school?

Does anyone know if there has been any OOS waitlist movement?

I was accepted off of the waitlist today! I already matched somewhere so now I'm debating between the two.

Accepted off the waitlist today! IS, Lizzy M score of ~69. This was my top choice and my heart absolutely melted when I got the email! I can't wait to be a part of the Long School of Medicine Family!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my acceptance from Texas A&M today.

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted off waitlist today, instate
waitlisted since november

Hoping to hear something today :( trying to stay hopeful

Just got off the waitlist today at 12:44 AM! This was my first choice, I’m so incredibly happy!

Reactions: 6 users
Just got off the waitlist today at 12:44 AM! This was my first choice, I’m so incredibly happy!

Congrats! Have you been accepted anywhere else?

Has anyone on here seen or heard movement off the waitlist since the end of May?

Been a while since I posted here. Welcome, MS0s! I'm an MS2. Shoot me some questions here if y'all have any and I'll try my best to answer them.
<3<3<3<3<3

Here's the group photo from Long's White Coat Ceremony: 2017-2018 SDN'ers, find yourselves in the photo and have a great year!
View attachment 237747

Isn't this from the A&M white coat? I ask cos a) I don't see a couple of my friends that just matriculated at long and b) cos of all the gigs/thumbs-ups lol

Isn't this from the A&M white coat? I ask cos a) I don't see a couple of my friends that just matriculated at long and b) cos of all the gigs/thumbs-ups lol
Whoops , or is it whoop ? I will correct this

Here is the real Long SOM white coat ceremony (short video).

Last edited: