2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My crazy ass already looked lol

Damn, was hoping to relieve stress for you all. But I guess Mayo wants to hear you cry like babies hearing the news via call first (I swear I had something in my eye).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewer said I would be receiving an email "very soon" -- but who knows what very soon means lol.

Reactions: 1 user
My interviewer said I would be receiving an email "very soon" -- but who knows what very soon means lol.

I got it this morning. Did your interviewer mention second look weekend? Mine did but I was freaking out so much I forgot what it was.

I got it this morning. Did your interviewer mention second look weekend? Mine did but I was freaking out so much I forgot what it was.
Nope, she said all the details would be coming in the email but I forgot to ask haha. Congrats again, man!

I've had two phone calls this morning... from work. Kind of tempted to shut my phone off for the day and concentrate on life but know I don't have the willpower. Come on Mayo!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever happens today, this thread has been fun and helped with the anguish and you all seem pretty freakin’ cool.

Feeling more at peace today like whatever happens happens, but then again I’m debating whether to leave my phone on during my run (leaving for the gym in a few) or put on Do Not Disturb like I always do while running. Hmmm!

In my dream I put it on DND and cane out of my workout to a voicemail from 507 soooo maybe I shouldn’t mess with it.

Reactions: 3 users
Whatever happens today, this thread has been fun and helped with the anguish and you all seem pretty freakin’ cool.

Feeling more at peace today like whatever happens happens, but then again I’m debating whether to leave my phone on during my run (leaving for the gym in a few) or put on Do Not Disturb like I always do while running. Hmmm!

In my dream I put it on DND and cane out of my workout to a voicemail from 507 soooo maybe I shouldn’t mess with it.
omg i had 4 mayo dreams in a row last night

Put it on DND and run! I think I will too :)

Appreciate it. Honestly I’m just going crazy wondering whether the silence is because my interviewer is busy or I’m not accepted. Can’t focus on ANYTHING.
Right there with you and I’m on midterms lol this week is going downhill fast

If we both get in I need a running buddy lol

Me too! I’m new at it and pretty terrible but hopefully I’ll be up to snuff by then :) Really hope you get good news today!

Hmm

Attachments

• 3606AC72-FF0F-4849-86A3-D67D345F7247.jpeg
    3606AC72-FF0F-4849-86A3-D67D345F7247.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 38
The AZ campus had a list like this, and I had some free time so I thought I'd collate our acceptance information too! Let me know if there are mistakes. I think it would be useful to see on which date those who have been accepted interviewed—let me know if you can!

Username (Likely Letter) Interviewed [LOI] 2+2
1. @roll_fizzlebeef (Personalized) ? [?] No
2. @hopeful314 (Personalized) October [Intent] No
3. @anaminmasar (Personalized) December [?] No
4. @twentyeightmiles (INTENSELY) October [Interest] No
5. @IShallGetIn (Generic) November [Interest] No
6. @MarineMDHopeful (Personalized) November [Intent] No
7. @123skate (?) ? [?] No
8. @ariri (?) ? [?] No
9. @Almedstudent (Generic) November [Intent] Yes
10. @Sir Alanna Trebond (INTENSELY) ? [Interest] No

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 1.10.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 1.10.37 PM.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
The AZ campus had a list like this, and I had some free time so I thought I'd collate our acceptance information too! Let me know if there are mistakes. I think it would be useful to see on which date those who have been accepted interviewed—let me know if you can!

1. @roll_fizzlebeef (Personalized) ? ? No
2. @hopeful314 (Personalized) ? ? No
3. @anaminmasar (Personalized) ? ? No
4. @twentyeightmiles (INTENSELY) ? ? No
5. @IShallGetIn (Generic) ? Interest No
6. @MarineMDHopeful (Personalized) ? [Intent] No
7. @123skate ? ? ? No
8. @ariri ? ? ? No
9. @Almedstudent ? ? ? Yes

I interviewed Nov 27th and got personalized highly ranked from both interviewers, the general letter and sent a Letter of intent in December. Dr. Rackley was my interviewer. Hope this helps!

My mother in law called me this morning as I was sitting in a meeting. And my phone decided to light up as a call without telling me who was calling at first. So that's how Tuesday is going for me.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah my dad called me this morning. He’s now banned from calling today.

1. @roll_fizzlebeef (Personalized) ? ? No
2. @hopeful314 (Personalized) October ? No
3. @anaminmasar (Personalized) December ? No
4. @twentyeightmiles (INTENSELY) ? ? No
5. @IShallGetIn (Generic) ? Interest No
7. @123skate ? ? ? No
8. @ariri ? ? ? No
9. @Almedstudent ? ? ? Yes

I interviewed on 11/20 and Dr. Vittone was my interviewer

Intensely interested still makes me chuckle

Reactions: 3 users
Let’s hope Dr. Fischer comes out of hibernation in an hour.

Reactions: 5 users

2. @hopeful314 (Personalized) October [?] No
4. @twentyeightmiles (INTENSELY) ? [?] No
8. @ariri (?) ? [?] No
9. @Almedstudent (?) ? [?] Yes
I interviewed in October. I also sent a letter of interest in response to the generic email and a second, more flowery letter of interest in response to the INTENSE email lol.

God my heart rate has been elevated all day. I’m sure these past two days have reduced my life by at least a year lol.

8. @ariri (?) ? [?] No
9. @Almedstudent (Generic) November [Intent] Yes

I interviewed in October, sent a LoIntent in November, received a personalized highly letter in December and a generic one in January.

Accepted! :soexcited:

I got the generic highly ranked email, a personalized highly ranked email from my interviewer, and the intensely interested email (lol). I sent them a letter of interest.

Reactions: 6 users
Hmm it appears that the generic email means nothing... not that any of these emails can really have a clear meaning

Alas, big surprise, my dream wasn’t prophetic and I got out of my workout, took my phone off DND and no missed calls or voicemails.

And so begins the work day full of staring at my phone and being utterly useless at getting anything done.

Reactions: 5 users
Mayo MN Acceptance List

Monday 2/12/18
Username
(Likely Letter) Interviewed [LOI] 2+2