2017-2018 New York University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL too - not surprised. Ugh I can't afford this school anyways

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are sending out rejections today? Or is it only WLs/acceptances?

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted! Does anyone know anything about the waitlist movement?

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted, congrats to everyone who was accepted !!

WL by portal. Saw this one coming. I'm just glad it's not an R

Waitlisted! Just glad it's not an R. Never thought I'd be this relieved to be waitlisted

WL! "Our waiting list will be active through the first day of orientation." Gee, thanks for the very specific timeline...

In all seriousness, congrats/best of luck to everyone! I'm off to decompress and have some well-deserved junk food

No email yet, but WL on the portal. At my interview day Dean Rivera told us that their WL is real and has movement unlike some other schools, so being waitlisted could realistically translate into an acceptance down the road. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Waitlisted! Does anyone know anything about the waitlist movement?

WL! Phew, I would've WL/R'd myself probably lol, so glad it was the WL.

FWIW, at my interview I was told that NYU doesn't do "sympathy WLs," because in a sense it is dishonest. I also heard that there is WL movement, and some WL'd-->A'd applicants got scholarships!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lol Rejected. No harm done, I stand by what I said prior.

WL as well. congrats to all accepted :)

I guess this is a good time to send in a letter of intent? what's the last day i can realistically send this in? cause i'm waiting on a couple other places and i don't want to be dishonest to NYU and tell them they are my absolute top choice lol (at least at the moment). serious question cause i really don't know how this works

Just got the R! damn I am on a rejection/waitlist streak!

Maybe this will be released later, but anyone heard anything about numbers accepted/waitlisted? in previous years, when did WL movement start?

I guess this is a good time to send in a letter of intent? what's the last day i can realistically send this in? cause i'm waiting on a couple other places and i don't want to be dishonest to NYU and tell them they are my absolute top choice lol (at least at the moment). serious question cause i really don't know how this works
I'm not an expert, but I found this thread. Hopefully it helps! Good luck!
OFFICIAL Letter of Intent/Letter of Interest Tips

WL as well... seems like a lot of people on the waitlist. I hope they actually use it!

REEEEEEEJECTED. ayooooo!

IMO don't send it yet. I assume you'll hear from the other school by March or mid-Feb? You don't want to be in a pickle if you get into NYU post-LOI and the other school normally. Personally NYU is one of my top 3 choices but I'm going to wait to hear back from the other 2 before I would send NYU a LOI

Maybe this will be released later, but anyone heard anything about numbers accepted/waitlisted? in previous years, when did WL movement start?
The only day Dean Rivera tweeted a congrats to those accepted last year after the January date was May 3rd

Waitlisted. I’m just so relieved to finally know!!!!!!

WLed, wonder if I should send a letter of interest. Already sent an update so not sure if it's important to send something else.

IMO don't send it yet. I assume you'll hear from the other school by March or mid-Feb? You don't want to be in a pickle if you get into NYU post-LOI and the other school normally. Personally NYU is one of my top 3 choices but I'm going to wait to hear back from the other 2 before I would send NYU a LOI

Thanks, that's what I figured as well :)

Rejected ouch makes sense given the 50X mcat score I have. Silly silly process I hate how they do their admissions they should have sent the email two days ago. Also makes me wonder why they made me buy a flight to go to ny anyways
Lol I think they decided to sit back and troll some of us knowing we had little to no chance of getting in. I look at it like this, at least I know where not to apply for residency.

WL - so relieved!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. Not surprised since my MMI went kinda meh...Still, I like NYU and feel a little disappointed

Also on the waitlist! Seems like a lot of people got the same today, like everyone else would love to know some info about the amount of movement it typically has :)

Reactions: 1 users

^ me tryna survive in NYC. perhaps being waitlisted is for the best.

Waitlisted here. I do remember them saying at the interview that they don't accept an awful lot of students on the first pass but rather slowly accept students until they fill the class size.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted here. I do remember them saying at the interview that they don't accept an awful lot of students on the first pass but rather slowly accept students until they fill the class size.

Ayy. I hope so.

Makes sense. Only those who are accepted outright can apply to their 3-year program (or as first years, but this requires prior commitment). Might be wise to limit the number of non commital apps?

Reactions: 2 users
Makes sense. Only those who are accepted outright can apply to their 3-year program (or as first years, but this requires prior commitment). Might be wise to limit the number of non commital apps?

You're right. Also I would imagine accepting students in small chunks would allow them to fill their class earlier on rather than waiting until July as several schools do.

Lol I find it intresting too that their decision date is right before the multiple acceptance report. They can see all the schools where the accepted/waitlisted people have been accepted to. I wonder if that plays a factor for us waitlisted individuals.