2020-2021 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you for the help^ i understand ;/ it's just a shot in the dark. i want to wait for schools to give me a decision but i am scared. how about for NYMC? do those with acceptances have to PTE here by the 30th? or do they have a later one?
NYMC's documents state that they "highly recommend" students follow the plan-to-enroll protocol of narrowing down to 3 schools after April 15th. However, it doesn't seem required.

The only hard set rule, based on their website, is to choose Commit to Enroll by July 6th, otherwise your app is withdrawn. If you chose to CTE at another school, they will remove your app from their pool as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
PTE (or CTE) by the 30th I believe is universal. Applicants are not allowed to hold more than one acceptance after the 30th across the board. With that being said, i don't believe schools can see individual applicant information regarding PTE/CTE until the 30th. AAMC states that all they can see is aggregate numbers (i.e. of the 300 acceptances we've given out, 130 PTE here) - just a fellow applicant, but this is my understanding of the procedure. Beginning on the 30th they will be able to see the names of the applicants who PTE at their school and the names of applicants that PTE to another school (however the name of the other institution will not be revealed until post matriculation)
thanks so much this! ive had an overall understanding of it. i just am anxious about the fact that if one must PTE at a school on the 30th, another school like NYMC might see that and think oh she did not want to come to our school anyways. let's just not send an A her way

NYMC's documents state that they "highly recommend" students follow the plan-to-enroll protocol of narrowing down to 3 schools after April 15th. However, it doesn't seem required.

The only hard set rule, based on their website, is to choose Commit to Enroll by July 6th, otherwise your app is withdrawn. If you chose to CTE at another school, they will remove your app from their pool as well.
yea exactly i dont see anywhere where it states that everyone HAS to PTE by the 30th. if it's not by then there's a huge window of when more A's can come out after that date

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A this afternoon. Hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew the A. A wonderful school but just not the right fit for me, but I hope it is for someone else. Cheers y'all.

Reactions: 7 users
8B87E139-26DA-4476-A245-0C9DCD797C77.jpeg

Mfw when the members of the NYMC accepted Facebook group is decreasing

Sending love to all of us WL folks

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if NYMC students need to be BLS certified prior to matriculation, or at least shortly after?

Does anyone know if NYMC students need to be BLS certified prior to matriculation, or at least shortly after?
You’ll get certified through school- they host the classes for you early in the year. If you’re already certified you can opt out I think.

Just got off the waitlist!! First Acceptance as well. OOS, WL early March

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just off the waitlist today at 12! First MD Acceptance and super stoked!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Got off the wait-list on Monday but already committed to another school so I withdrew my acceptance today, I hope it goes to one of you😁

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Got off the wait-list on Monday but already committed to another school so I withdrew my acceptance today, I hope it goes to one of you😁
Congrats on the acceptance! If you don’t mind me asking how long did they give you to accept or decline the offer?

Reactions: 1 users
IS, went to a Touro college undergrad prog, 510 MCAT, 3.8 GPA, I sent a letter of intent.
Nice! Also gives me some hope, since I've got similar GPA and a 519, and went to a Touro undergrad. Also sent a letter of intent. When did you interview? Mine was in January so I'm wondering if maybe I'm just later in their list or what have you.

Nice! Also gives me some hope, since I've got similar GPA and a 519, and went to a Touro undergrad. Also sent a letter of intent. When did you interview? Mine was in January so I'm wondering if maybe I'm just later in their list or what have you.
I interviewed in October

Accepted off wait-list this morning!! OOS, 510, 3.8. Interviewed on 3/15. Waitlisted on 4/14.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I’m not sure what schools will be doing for white coat this year. The summer will tell.

I think NYMC (and most schools) plan on things being back to normal by fall. I'd say in-person White Coat Ceremony in the fall is more likely than virtual.

Withdrew my acceptance here (accepted off the waitlist last week). Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if classes will be all in-person?
On the Facebook page they said that they are still discussing it and will most likely be a mix of virtual and in person for anatomy and small group etc

Just got an A off the WL about 10 minutes ago!

Surprised and speechless
Good luck to everyone

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got accepted this morning off the waitlist! Such a relief.

Hope some more movement for the rest of you guys!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do we have to pay our deposit the day we get accepted or do we have until the end of the week when they want our decision for whether we want to keep our spot in the class or not?

Do we have to pay our deposit the day we get accepted or do we have until the end of the week when they want our decision for whether we want to keep our spot in the class or not?
If they give you a week, it means you have a week to decide.

Just withdrew my offer here..Hope one of you guys on the waitlist gets my spot. Goodluck!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users