2017-2018 New York University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!! Super excited, it’ll be my second MMI!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II! Complete mid-august, was not expecting to make another trip out to NYC haha

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's super chill, just relax and enjoy it!
Interviewed a few weeks back and I agree, it's pretty chill, but the one interviewer that was pretending to doze off during my interview was kind of obnoxious. (At least 4 other people also observed this and the general consensus was that it was an act...or maybe we really were that boring lol.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
When did you guys complete secondaries? I completed mine in mid-october. Do you think its too late?

I got a II and completed late August. But... They seem to review and send them in some order. On this thread, anyway, people who were complete in July got interviews weeks before me. So maybe its not too late, you just have to wait...

II today! This will be my first MMI, any tips/resources on how to prepare? Thanks in advance

Reactions: 1 users
One date in late Nov (29th) and I think 9 dates in December (all before Christmas).

Nov 29th, December dates ranging from the first week in December to December 18th @foucault

Eek so they are starting to fill up the last of their calendar. :\ I was complete late July... sounds like I may have missed this one.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! This will be my first MMI, any tips/resources on how to prepare? Thanks in advance

Look up practice questions online to get a feel for the material you will be seeing. If one station goes bad, remember that the scores are tabulated separately. Also, try to get a sense of whether you are supposed to leave time for the interviewer to ask a few questions. I didn't and talked to the end for my first MMI and the interviewers kept trying to rush with follow-up questions. (Alternatively, I could have just missed the mark on the question, and they were trying to save me, but that is too depressing a possibility).

II 20 minutes ago! Complete mid-September, currently OOS (but born and raised in NYC >20 years....), ORM but underprivileged background, stats in signature. Dates available beginning mid-December. My first MMI as well!
Good luck all!

Edit: This was my signature at the time:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools:
19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II 20 minutes ago! Complete mid-September, currently OOS (but born and raised in NYC >20 years....), ORM but underprivileged background, stats in signature. Dates available beginning mid-December. My first MMI as well!
Good luck all!
Well looks like the end has arrived

Ha ha! Hopefully not the final end, but perhaps the end of something...
There were still plenty of dates available, don't lose heart! I already had given up on NYU in my mind, after these months of silence....

the really high median/mean GPA/MCAT on MSAR for NYU is intimidating. For those of you who were much below and still got II, can you tell what your app had to overcome this?

Reactions: 2 users
NYU back at it giving us all heart attacks with their Twitter Chat emails...

Reactions: 15 users
Just got an email from NYU asking me to check out their twitter page. HOW MEAN CAN YOU BE, NYU? I freaked out when I saw the “NYU Admissions” email on my inbox. :cryi:

Just got an email from NYU asking me to check out their twitter page. HOW MEAN CAN YOU BE, NYU? I freaked out when I saw the “NYU Admissions” email on my inbox. :cryi:
+1 had a heart attack

22 II's cmon save some chances for other people
I promise I’ll cancel/withdraw from some:oops:, but NYU is certainly not one of them. Although MMI’s are not my strong suit, and I don’t think I did well on that interview :(

yeah from what the previous year's thread looked like, the last major surge of II was sent out by late november with official rejections sent in mid December. Damn it seems like NYU finishes their cycle pretty quickly :(
They do. They release all admissions decisions by January according to what they said on the interview day.

II today. Completed at the end of September.

Got rejected yesterday, but I was mstp

when were you complete?
I believe I was complete October 20th lol, but I applied to MSTP. I recall talking to them and they told me for MSTP they only interview to November 20th.

II today. Lizzy M around 76. Completed mid-july. Had mostly given up on hearing from them, but I guess it's not too late! Available dates were mid-December

Reactions: 6 users
Holy crap holy crap holy crap II just now! Completed way back in July; this is one train ride away from my home hallelujah!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
+1! Thought it was over since I was complete in Mid July haha. LizzyM 77!

Any insight into what sets NYU apart from other schools? I've been fortunate to experience some success this cycle, but I have limited funds. Considering whether or not I should attend this interview.

When did you guys complete secondaries? I completed mine in mid-october. Do you think its too late?
Not necessarily! I sent in my secondary Nov. 10th last year on a whim and received an II within 2 weeks. Was waitlisted in the end to no avail.Unfortunately haven't received any love from them this cycle either. Best of luck.

II! Holy cowww!! Complete mid-August!!

Any insight into what sets NYU apart from other schools? I've been fortunate to experience some success this cycle, but I have limited funds. Considering whether or not I should attend this interview.
In my mind: 3 year MD and amazing location in NYC

Personally I liked my NYU interview better than the other 3 Manhattan titans. NYU's facilities are easily the best because of the money they got from hurricane sandy. Also they are trying to decrease their class size and give everyone a full tuition scholarship. I think they said 20% of this incoming class get full tuition merit, which is really awesome.

Reactions: 9 users
I believe I was complete October 20th lol, but I applied to MSTP. I recall talking to them and they told me for MSTP they only interview to November 20th.
huh, ok. I applied MSTP as well but haven't heard anything, so if that's true I'm surprised I haven't actually gotten a rejection, since I was complete in August. thanks for the info!

huh, ok. I applied MSTP as well but haven't heard anything, so if that's true I'm surprised I haven't actually gotten a rejection, since I was complete in August. thanks for the info!
Given the long wait, they may have routed you to MD-only consideration (which they don't notify applicants about). You could always call and ask.

II yesterday! Complete mid-August.

Yea they told me in the rejection that I was considered for mstp and md. However, neither really liked me I guess LOL.

Not necessarily! I sent in my secondary Nov. 10th last year on a whim and received an II within 2 weeks. Was waitlisted in the end to no avail.Unfortunately haven't received any love from them this cycle either. Best of luck.
likewise my friend. Was hoping NYU would show some love again since I've made several improvements toward my app since last cycle. I guess not. Maybe NYU doesn't like reapplicants.

likewise my friend. Was hoping NYU would show some love again since I've made several improvements toward my app since last cycle. I guess not. Maybe NYU doesn't like reapplicants.

Yeah obviously, reapplicants are like orphan children. Some don't have the capacity to love them because of underlying damage that first time applicants don't have.

Don't lose hope, II! LM ~77 complete 11/13 (smh)
Pretty much all of December's still open.

Last edited: