2017-2018 New York University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does the admissions office take thank you notes after interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

II on Wednesday!! So, so incredibly thankful and humbled ❤️ (3.43|526|complete July)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II on Wednesday!! So, so incredibly thankful and humbled ️ (3.43|526|complete July)

Congrats!!! So is there hope for us sub-3.5 GPAs? Do you feel like anything in particular (other than your amazing MCAT) made you stand out? Mine is over 520, but not quite as high, and My state schools love me, but getting silence from most other schools. I’m happy with my cycle so far, but still wondering if I’ll hear from anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I can’t believe these guys rejected me.... in my secondary I told them anyone could go here! Lol

Lol apparently they didn’t, but I got rejected from both mstp and md

Yea, if you applied MSTP, then probably just rejected you from both programs. But those applying regular MD will probably get rejected in January (barring they did not get an interview at that time.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Yea, if you applied MSTP, then probably just rejected you from both programs. But those applying regular MD will probably get rejected in January (barring they did not get an interview at that time.)
O ok, o well then I guess. I still think they should just accept everyone lol

For those who have interviewed, was there a clock in the room during the MMI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here soon! Any last minute advice? Also, should I just expect normal interview questions (like why medicine, why this School, etc) for the traditional interview portion?

Interviewing here soon! Any last minute advice? Also, should I just expect normal interview questions (like why medicine, why this School, etc) for the traditional interview portion?
My traditional interview can basically be summed up in three main questions with some clarifying questions along the way:
(1) Tell me about yourself and why you chose medicine. (Seemed kinda like a waste of a large chunk of time to ask this since we only have 12 min, and we answer this in our personal statement)
(2) Have you thought about what kind of medicine you want to practice?
(3) Why NYU (By this time, I formulated an answer, gave half of it, and was cut off by the voiceover telling me time was up...RIP)

Interview next week!! I am SCARED !

It's quite a bit chiller than you'd think. After the first station, all your worries will melt away :)

I wish I didn't like the place so much! I'm looking forward to spending the night in Manhattan. This is my 4th interview and I haven't really been this intimidated yet.

I wish I didn't like the place so much! I'm looking forward to spending the night in Manhattan. This is my 4th interview and I haven't really been this intimidated yet.

Oh yes they're certainly going to hype it up during the morning information session (and it will be hard not to get hyped as well), but do your best, and I hope everything works out for you! They're definitely getting better and better as a school every year, and it's interesting to imagine where they'll be in a decade.

Just got an II here!! Complete second week of October

Reactions: 4 users
II today!! Submitted October 12

Reactions: 3 users
II today - I’m in total, complete, and utter shock. It lines up perfectly with another NY area interview, so they *might* have taken my ITA email into account - not sure. LizzyM 73-74 with low GPA. I still can’t believe it!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 29 users
II today too. Didn't send any updates or ITA, and was complete very late (10/25) due to being kinda intimidated by the median stats (how is it seriously 3.93/521?).

The entire of Dec is still open on their calendar for anyone wondering, so looks like they have a lot of dates left.

Dec 18th was the last date in the interview calendar if I remember correctly

They might have extended their interview period, because dates on the calendar atm go to Dec 21.

Reactions: 2 users
II today - I’m in total, complete, and utter shock. It lines up perfectly with another NY area interview, so they *might* have taken my ITA email into account - not sure. LizzyM 73-74 with low GPA. I still can’t believe it!

If I could like this 20 times I would. Congratulations!!

Reactions: 4 users

Ahh, congrats!!

II earlier today! :-O Interviewing a few days before Christmas!

Me too, but I don't think they'll touch my MCAT score :(

Last edited:
II today! Completely unexpected and I'm super happy right now :) I was working through some personal issues last couple months and sent in my secondary way too late almost as a formality, so this was just a very big (but welcome) shock.

Complete Nov 15. 3.96/520

II today! Completely unexpected and I'm super happy right now :) I was working through some personal issues last couple months and sent in my secondary way too late almost as a formality, so this was just a very big (but welcome) shock.

Complete Nov 15. 3.96/520
Wow, that's such an awesome complete date! Just goes to show, all that neuroticism here along the lines of "congrats, complete date?"...... Best of luck!

Is there a dinner the night before the interview here? I’m assuming not, but I’m trying to finalize my NYC plans and want to leave it open if there is a dinner.

Is there a dinner the night before the interview here? I’m assuming not, but I’m trying to finalize my NYC plans and want to leave it open if there is a dinner.

don't believe so. there was no mention of a dinner in the interview invite

No dinner. However, I met up the night before to talk with a medical student that was a student liaison from the office of diversity. It was optional but I got the email a couple days after the interview invite