-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017-2018 Nova Southeastern University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to all the II's! Has anyone received rejection emails or letters after the 2-3 week period?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II finally after being complete for weeks!!
What did they say in the update email as their response?I emailed them for an update and they replied this morning then got the II this afternoon. Complete 11/17? I think and interview for 1/26 🙂
II, complete around Thanksgiving!
ii today
Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Airport-West! They offer a shuttle to and from NOVA. Also can drop you off at the airport.For those that already interviewed here, any recommendations on where to stay?
Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Airport-West! They offer a shuttle to and from NOVA. Also can drop you off at the airport.
Thanks so much. Unfortunately, their cheapest room for my interview date is $162 which is a whopping backhand to me.
Thanks so much. Unfortunately, their cheapest room for my interview date is $162 which is a whopping backhand to me.
there are some cheap air bnb options
Oh that sucks, i got mine around 120 and was totally worth it since i didnt have to get a uber. Also uber are pretty inexpensive in florida anywaysThanks so much. Unfortunately, their cheapest room for my interview date is $162 which is a whopping backhand to me.
2-3 weeks have passed, haven’t heard a word.
2-3 weeks have passed, haven’t heard a word.
They don't seem to be sticking to that timeframe at all lol. Got my II 3 and a half weeks after completion, and some of the more recent invites came after a month of waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I have an acceptance at one of my state MD schools, is it recommended to still attend an II here?
If I have an acceptance at one of my state MD schools, is it recommended to still attend an II here?
Not sure that any of us can really answer that for you.
It kinda just comes down to whether you personally would consider matriculating at Nova over your current acceptance. I know that they will supposedly be offering some scholarships, which may resolve any financial concerns. However, at the end of the day, if you wouldn't attend a new MD over an established one, then that's that. If you still see NSU as a possibility, though (and if you have the financial means to travel for the interview), then you should go and check it out.
I wouldn’t attend my state school over any newly established school, but again that’s my opinion.If I have an acceptance at one of my state MD schools, is it recommended to still attend an II here?
8
885100
If I have an acceptance at one of my state MD schools, is it recommended to still attend an II here?
You can transfer your II over to me if you want....
You can transfer your II over to me if you want....
Dr. Hopeful af
8
885100
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Submit soon thoughdo you guys think I have a chance 3.6 501
Just add one new school and assign the letters and then resubmit. Might have to pay for addition of school. That's it. Won't affect anything else.I submitted my AMCAS application in July. I want to submit to Nova, such would require a resubmittal of my AMCAS application. Does anyone know how will this affect the other schools I applied too?
I submitted my AMCAS application in July. I want to submit to Nova, such would require a resubmittal of my AMCAS application. Does anyone know how will this affect the other schools I applied too?
It has no effect on the other schools!
For those that already interviewed here, any recommendations on where to stay?
I'm a huge fan of AirBNB for interview traveling! There are tons near Nova
Any recommendations on how to prepare for interview day? I have never attended an MMI format interview and am getting pretty nervous about it. Also, does any know if they are receptive to applications updates?
I mean, it's only been a month since the app opened. Plus you've already been granted an interview. I would say that now wouldn't really make sense timing-wise for an update (except for grade updates, which I believe can be done via the AMCAS app?).
Edit: also, for MMI advice, there was a bit of discussion earlier on in this thread if you wanna look back for some tips/thoughts.
I had sent an update before my II and they were really responsive to it, I can't speak to post II though. They do not let you bring anything into your interview so its not like one of those schools that let you bring updates to their interview, and they don't really give you much room to even talk about updates.Any recommendations on how to prepare for interview day? I have never attended an MMI format interview and am getting pretty nervous about it. Also, does any know if they are receptive to applications updates?
As far as preparing for the interview, I would just prepare for the standard interview question since they do ask a few of those and its hard to practice for the situational questions since you never know what you're gonna get.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just hit the 3 week mark. Emailed Jaime to check on my status (and maybe hope my invite also got lost). The committee is still reviewing and will continue to send out invites and "no invite letters" on January 2nd. We can now hold our breath until after the holidays.
Just google some common MMI preps and practice coming up with answers. Time yourself so you can get a feel for the timing. Honestly, of the two MMIs I've attended, Nova's was way more laid back than the other one. Don't stress. 🙂Any recommendations on how to prepare for interview day? I have never attended an MMI format interview and am getting pretty nervous about it. Also, does any know if they are receptive to applications updates?
They are not receptive to post-II updates, have no idea about pre-II updates. Someone asked that in my interview group, and they said they would be assigning interviewees files to another reviewer right away, and if you emailed the update to admissions or whatever, that new part of your app likely wouldn't make it to the reviewer.
Other peeps with IIs - did you all receive responses to your confirmation emails to Ms. Reid? I'm assuming I'm good to go, but I haven't gotten any definite confirmation that I'm all set.
I haven't received a confirmation either, but I feel confident all is fine. They're probably running on rails trying to get everything going.
I got a confirmation.Other peeps with IIs - did you all receive responses to your confirmation emails to Ms. Reid? I'm assuming I'm good to go, but I haven't gotten any definite confirmation that I'm all set.
I just sent my primary last week and secondary yesterday-- it may be a long shot, but as someone said before: you miss 100% of the shots you don't take! I would go for it if you can do it financially 🙂
I hadn't within three days - so I emailed her myself, and got a response that she was going to send out emails with information closer to the interview but yes, I was confirmed.Other peeps with IIs - did you all receive responses to your confirmation emails to Ms. Reid? I'm assuming I'm good to go, but I haven't gotten any definite confirmation that I'm all set.
I also emailed post-secondary because I never got the secondary confirmation. I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm the most neurotic person ever.
Do you think it is way too late to apply here?
Do you think it is way too late to apply here?
It couldn't hurt. They're definitely still giving out interviews (and will be doing so for a while) so if you can complete the secondary quickly, I'd say it's worth a shot.
Has anyone gotten a II with less than a 500 MCAT score?
Has anyone gotten a II with less than a 500 MCAT score?
I kinda doubt anyone from the early waves of interviews has had that low of a score. That said, I know a lot of new schools end up matriculating a student or two with low MCATs. So, it's not *impossible*. If you're an extremely well-rounded applicant otherwise, and if your MCAT isn't lower than like a 497 (and if you have the financial means to afford another app), then I'd say there's not much to lose. But the odds are definitely incredibly stacked against a sub-500 score applicant with any MD school.
Don't give up hope. I have an MCAT score below 500 and already have 2 MD interviews by the grace of God (and Im hopeful for more) and an acceptance!!! Apply! Keep faith and work hard !!!Has anyone gotten a II with less than a 500 MCAT score?
Can you provide insights as to why you think you may have had so much success this cycle even with a sub 500 score?Don't give up hope. I have an MCAT score below 500 and already have 2 MD interviews by the grace of God (and Im hopeful for more) and an acceptance!!! Apply! Keep faith and work hard !!!
Anyone who has interviewed here have any advice for interview day or anything about the school in particular they really liked? 🙂. It's going to be my first MMI interview godhelpme
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here.Anyone who has interviewed here have any advice for interview day or anything about the school in particular they really liked? 🙂. It's going to be my first MMI interview godhelpme
I know! I think I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask what's going on lolWell, it's January 1st. . .![]()
I know! I think I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask what's going on lol
Please do. The wait is killing me D:
8
885100
passed the 3 week mark... any new II's lately?
FYI: Someone had commented a couple weeks ago saying that they'd resume sending out e-mails post-holiday on January 2nd. So, those of you who already interviewed and were told you'd hear back on the 1st (as well as those who have passed the 3-week mark since secondary submission) may be getting something today/soon. Also, that poster said they'd start sending out pre-II rejections as well as more IIs after the new year.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

