2017-2018 Rush Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone that's accepted or waitlist remember what time they sent out emails on Friday? Waiting patiently (sort of...)
Around 11-12 mostly I think!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got this email...

"I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to update you on the status of your application. As we near the end of our interview season, the Committee on Admissions continues to work diligently to review applications and render decisions. At this time, the Committee is still in the process of reviewing your application. We will be in touch as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone get this as well? About how long did it take to hear back? Should I be prepared for good or bad news (or is there no way to tell)?

Just got this email...

"I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to update you on the status of your application. As we near the end of our interview season, the Committee on Admissions continues to work diligently to review applications and render decisions. At this time, the Committee is still in the process of reviewing your application. We will be in touch as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone get this as well? About how long did it take to hear back? Should I be prepared for good or bad news (or is there no way to tell)?

Got the same. Interviewed 2/14, so hopefully decisions will be released today!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the same. Interviewed 2/14, so hopefully decisions will be released today!
Just got this email...

Did you all who interviewed on 2/14 get any news on Friday? Are they still sticking to their 2.5 week turnaround?

If anyone that is also on their waitlist has any information regarding when we can expect to hear back from them please share!

Did you all who interviewed on 2/14 get any news on Friday? Are they still sticking to their 2.5 week turnaround?
No news on Friday, 3/2. Emailed admissions to ask, but they didn't get back to me.

If anyone that is also on their waitlist has any information regarding when we can expect to hear back from them please share!
Received an email few days ago with "We would like to begin reviewing the application files of our current waitlist applicants in anticipation we will need to make an admission offer(s) in the months to come ... Please send any updated information you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions ...". I think, they sent this email to all WLs applicants.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Received an email few days ago with "We would like to begin reviewing the application files of our current waitlist applicants in anticipation we will need to make an admission offer(s) in the months to come ... Please send any updated information you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions ...". I think, they sent this email to all WLs applicants.
Yep I got this too

Just got the waitlist email, interviewed on the last day, 2/21.
The eternal waiting game continues

Waitlisted, interviewed 02/14. Does anyone know if Rush rejects post interveiw or does everyone not accepted get waitlisted?

I don’t know about waitlist movement, sorry guys:(

But if anyone wants some scoops on the curriculum and general rush life student faq that the student council sent out on the accepted fb page, PM me and I’ll help you out :)

WL. Received Second Look Day invitation few mins ago.

I was rejected from Rush 3/2 after interviewing 2/14 so they definitely reject at this stage. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, Flosef13 out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was rejected from Rush 3/2 after interviewing 2/14 so they definitely reject at this stage. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, Flosef13 out.
I had no idea they rejected post-interview. I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you moving forward!

Unless Rush comes at me with a bomb financial aid package, I will be withdrawing. If I do, I hope my spot goes to one of you <3

Reactions: 1 users
Just found out Rush doesn't allow guests on Second Look day. Does anyone know if this is common? It seems a little strange

Just found out Rush doesn't allow guests on Second Look day. Does anyone know if this is common? It seems a little strange
Have the same issue with at least one of the other schools where I'm doing a second look.

I thought I read somewhere you could email or call admissions for special circumstances. I think they would accommodate.

I thought I read somewhere you could email or call admissions for special circumstances. I think they would accommodate.
I actually did! That's how I got this information haha but oh well

Interviewed 2/14, WL last Friday. Disappointed, because I really liked Rush

anyone know if they posted a 2018 match list yet?

I called the financial aid office and they said that we'll get it in 2-3 weeks

Wait I just opened my Rush portal and they had my financial aid package on there dated for today... I didnt have access to my portal until today but I literally hit the refresh button and it populated in.

Wait I just opened my Rush portal and they had my financial aid package on there dated for today... I didnt have access to my portal until today but I literally hit the refresh button and it populated in.
+1 I also just checked my Rush portal (not application portal) and it was there under finaid ... man I got like no aid at all.

EDIT: I mean my award letter was for 75K, not sure what the COA is if anyone wants to chime in?

Last edited:
+1 I also just checked my Rush portal (not application portal) and it was there under finaid ... man I got like no aid at all. Looks like COA for everybody will be $75,000 for 2018-2019.
Maybe I should have a glass of wine before I look

Edit: don’t see any financial aid info

Last edited:
+1 I also just checked my Rush portal (not application portal) and it was there under finaid ... man I got like no aid at all.

EDIT: I mean my award letter was for 75K, not sure what the COA is if anyone wants to chime in?

Looks like I got two scholarships offered from Rush, but i’m kinda confused cause I didn’t apply for anything.... tried searching the names of them but I found basically nothing about them

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Lol at all the Rush M4s on the accepted FB group trying to get the incoming class to take over their places with leases that start in June. #itsatrap

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone happen to have numbers on waitlist movement at Rush? i.e. how many people get waitlisted per year. I know that sometimes no one gets accepted off of the waitlist, but any stats on this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Did everyone who was waitlisted get the second look invitation?

Does anyone know if the students are ranked in the preclinical phase of the new curriculum or is it strictly P/F?

Has anyone received the time of day (or any information) about second-look for waitlist applicants?
I received an email on March 29th with an itinerary for the day. "Time: Check-In will be from 8:30 am – 9:00 am. When you arrive, please proceed to the 5th floor of the Armour Academic Center. There will be check-in tables located outside of room 540. A light breakfast will be served."

Hey everyone! I officially withdrew my acceptance- Good luck to all the waitlisters!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my acceptance. Gl for everyone on the waitlist!

(I'll be at U of I Chicago, so I'll see all of you around!)

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck to everyone!