2017-2018 Rush Medical College

Started by Lucca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just got this email...

"I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to update you on the status of your application. As we near the end of our interview season, the Committee on Admissions continues to work diligently to review applications and render decisions. At this time, the Committee is still in the process of reviewing your application. We will be in touch as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone get this as well? About how long did it take to hear back? Should I be prepared for good or bad news (or is there no way to tell)?
 
Just got this email...

"I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to update you on the status of your application. As we near the end of our interview season, the Committee on Admissions continues to work diligently to review applications and render decisions. At this time, the Committee is still in the process of reviewing your application. We will be in touch as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone get this as well? About how long did it take to hear back? Should I be prepared for good or bad news (or is there no way to tell)?

Got the same. Interviewed 2/14, so hopefully decisions will be released today!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the same. Interviewed 2/14, so hopefully decisions will be released today!
Just got this email...

"I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to update you on the status of your application. As we near the end of our interview season, the Committee on Admissions continues to work diligently to review applications and render decisions. At this time, the Committee is still in the process of reviewing your application. We will be in touch as soon as a decision has been made."

Anyone get this as well? About how long did it take to hear back? Should I be prepared for good or bad news (or is there no way to tell)?

Did you all who interviewed on 2/14 get any news on Friday? Are they still sticking to their 2.5 week turnaround?
 
If anyone that is also on their waitlist has any information regarding when we can expect to hear back from them please share!
 
If anyone that is also on their waitlist has any information regarding when we can expect to hear back from them please share!
Received an email few days ago with "We would like to begin reviewing the application files of our current waitlist applicants in anticipation we will need to make an admission offer(s) in the months to come ... Please send any updated information you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions ...". I think, they sent this email to all WLs applicants.
 
Last edited:
Received an email few days ago with "We would like to begin reviewing the application files of our current waitlist applicants in anticipation we will need to make an admission offer(s) in the months to come ... Please send any updated information you would like to share with the Committee on Admissions ...". I think, they sent this email to all WLs applicants.
Yep I got this too
 
Waitlisted, interviewed 02/14. Does anyone know if Rush rejects post interveiw or does everyone not accepted get waitlisted?
 
I don’t know about waitlist movement, sorry guys🙁

But if anyone wants some scoops on the curriculum and general rush life student faq that the student council sent out on the accepted fb page, PM me and I’ll help you out 🙂
 
I was rejected from Rush 3/2 after interviewing 2/14 so they definitely reject at this stage. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist, Flosef13 out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just found out Rush doesn't allow guests on Second Look day. Does anyone know if this is common? It seems a little strange
 
Just found out Rush doesn't allow guests on Second Look day. Does anyone know if this is common? It seems a little strange
I thought I read somewhere you could email or call admissions for special circumstances. I think they would accommodate.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called the financial aid office and they said that we'll get it in 2-3 weeks

Wait I just opened my Rush portal and they had my financial aid package on there dated for today... I didnt have access to my portal until today but I literally hit the refresh button and it populated in.
 
Wait I just opened my Rush portal and they had my financial aid package on there dated for today... I didnt have access to my portal until today but I literally hit the refresh button and it populated in.
+1 I also just checked my Rush portal (not application portal) and it was there under finaid ... man I got like no aid at all.

EDIT: I mean my award letter was for 75K, not sure what the COA is if anyone wants to chime in?
 
Last edited:
+1 I also just checked my Rush portal (not application portal) and it was there under finaid ... man I got like no aid at all. Looks like COA for everybody will be $75,000 for 2018-2019.
Maybe I should have a glass of wine before I look

Edit: don’t see any financial aid info
 
Last edited:
+1 I also just checked my Rush portal (not application portal) and it was there under finaid ... man I got like no aid at all.

EDIT: I mean my award letter was for 75K, not sure what the COA is if anyone wants to chime in?

Looks like I got two scholarships offered from Rush, but i’m kinda confused cause I didn’t apply for anything.... tried searching the names of them but I found basically nothing about them


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Does anyone happen to have numbers on waitlist movement at Rush? i.e. how many people get waitlisted per year. I know that sometimes no one gets accepted off of the waitlist, but any stats on this would be much appreciated. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received the time of day (or any information) about second-look for waitlist applicants?
I received an email on March 29th with an itinerary for the day. "Time: Check-In will be from 8:30 am – 9:00 am. When you arrive, please proceed to the 5th floor of the Armour Academic Center. There will be check-in tables located outside of room 540. A light breakfast will be served."