2017-2018 Rutgers University - NJMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
which day is the amsa event? i'm guessing non RU people will also hear back that day

Event is Tues Oct 17th, but the assistant dean told me that people will start hearing back on the 16th.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
is this post interview ? i assumed it was just a random acceptance without interview which is kind of strange but now i am thinking it cant be that
it is post interview!

Reactions: 1 user
is this post interview ? i assumed it was just a random acceptance without interview which is kind of strange but now i am thinking it cant be that
Yeah I had my interview in September, so fingers crossed.

So, I go to Rutgers NB, and just got an email from NJMS inviting me to attend an AMSA event at my school where Dr. Heinrich will be presenting in a few days. He has been known to hand out in-person acceptances at this event...can anyone on here attest to that? I'm like freaking outttt right now boys and girls

Someone I met at my interview said he attended that very event and got an in-person acceptance! Then he had to sit through the whole presentation with premeds to learn about getting shadowing experiences and working on the application.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get a phone call today? Interviewed in August and Dr. Heinrich said he'd begin making phone calls today.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
oh god its happening! did not expect them to start making calls today..

When did everyone get calls / interview? I interviewed Sept end, unsure if I'll hear back

Are phone calls coming out today or were they finished yesterday for this first wave of interviews??

Got the call--interviewed mid August

Reactions: 2 users
So, I go to Rutgers NB, and just got an email from NJMS inviting me to attend an AMSA event at my school where Dr. Heinrich will be presenting in a few days. He has been known to hand out in-person acceptances at this event...can anyone on here attest to that? I'm like freaking outttt right now boys and girls

Can attest to this, congrats! I received an in person acceptance last year at the same event. He does it every year for students at Rutgers :) didn’t end up attending the school, but it was a wonderful gesture that I’ll never forget!

Has anyone who interviewed in mid-September heard anything?

Can attest to this, congrats! I received an in person acceptance last year at the same event. He does it every year for students at Rutgers :) didn’t end up attending the school, but it was a wonderful gesture that I’ll never forget!
Awesome, and thanks!! I sadly can't make the event since I have an interview at Case Western in Cleveland the next morning so will be over there. So, just waiting on that call for the confirmation now I suppose...anxious till I get that concrete yes, haha

just got the call! also was offered in-state tuition for all for years :) i cried while on the phone with dr. heinrich

Reactions: 5 users
Also interviewed on 9/12 and haven't heard anything. When is it okay to start freaking out?

Edit: Just got the call!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone hear anything about IIs recently?

Sent AMCAS: 7/12
Secondary received & sent: 7/23 and 7/26
AMCAS verified grades: 8/8

...silence...:sorry::sorry:

In-state, LM ~70...I love NJ, and really want to stay here. KILLING me I don't have a portal to obsessively check lol. This is the only secondary I got & completed before being verified. In hindsight, I probably could've filled it out better :bang:

Anyone hear anything about IIs recently?

Sent AMCAS: 7/12
Secondary received & sent: 7/23 and 7/26
AMCAS verified grades: 8/8

...silence...:sorry::sorry:

In-state, LM ~70...I love NJ, and really want to stay here. KILLING me I don't have a portal to obsessively check lol. This is the only secondary I got & completed before being verified. In hindsight, I probably could've filled it out better :bang:

Hey don't stress! Its so easy to look back at your answers and think of ways you could have done better but as long as you showed your passion for medicine and the school specifically that's all you can do! From what I've seen on most of the threads there's been a quiet spell on IIs probably because admissions offices were all preparing to start sending out acceptances this week! Good luck!

Haha yeah, you're right. What's done is done, I suppose. Guess all I can do is keep my fingers crossed now Hope some more IIs soon, though (even if not to me) just for some peace of mind

Hey don't stress! Its so easy to look back at your answers and think of ways you could have done better but as long as you showed your passion for medicine and the school specifically that's all you can do! From what I've seen on most of the threads there's been a quiet spell on IIs probably because admissions offices were all preparing to start sending out acceptances this week! Good luck![/QUO

Hi, I grew up in NJ, graduated HS here, went to FSU and got my license here so im technically OOS. 3.65sGPA, 510MCAT (127/127/128/128) entire family + extended are doctors, and avg/good EC's. Completed mid July. Interviewed 8/23. Is it safe to say I am denied being that OOS from 9/12 interview are accepted and I have yet to receive a call?

Hi, I grew up in NJ, graduated HS here, went to FSU and got my license here so im technically OOS. 3.65sGPA, 510MCAT (127/127/128/128) entire family + extended are doctors, and avg/good EC's. Completed mid July. Interviewed 8/23. Is it safe to say I am denied being that OOS from 9/12 interview are accepted and I have yet to receive a call?

dude/dudette, we are only in October, acceptances will go out for another couple of months. You very well know there never seems to be anything linear and/or chronological with this process. Be happy you interviewed; I am from New Jersey and haven't heard anything since submitting my secondary. You will be fine, all of this takes time.

Unless you get a rejection, I would not assume that - there's still a long way to go

Has anyone (especially who interviewed in mid-September) gotten a call today?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything in the past 2 days or are they taking a break?

Got an email yesterday telling me congrats about being accepted (got a call earlier this week). Unsure of what that means for anybody who interviewed and didn’t get a call (but going through last years thread, there were people that were kept silent for >2 weeks after the initial date that acceptances that could be offered, but got a call later notifying them of an acceptance)

Got an email yesterday telling me congrats about being accepted (got a call earlier this week). Unsure of what that means for anybody who interviewed and didn’t get a call (but going through last years thread, there were people that were kept silent for >2 weeks after the initial date that acceptances that could be offered, but got a call later notifying them of an acceptance)
when did you interview?

Has anyone who interviewed 9/14 heard anything?

Anyone get any II these days? Still waiting, complete end of july.

Reactions: 3 users
For those that interviewed, how was it? Is it just a single 1-on-1 with faculty? Open application or blind?

I'm gonna be interviewing soon and don't wanna blow it. Lol.